Douche Mehta: It's time for the Geno Smith era as Rex Ryan and key NY Jets brass agre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Aug 31, 2013.

1. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

Yeah, Bart called him that in Hard Knocks.

2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

They also don't think it will take him that much longer to recover to the point where he could play, if necessary. Although personally, I'd rather see Simms play if Smith is playing poorly or if he got hurt. Anyway, I'm rooting for Geno to do great.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a rebuilding year. Everybody knows that. As long as the Jets don't collapse into a dysfunctional mess in the second half of the year the odds are pretty good they win the 6 games or so that it will take to save Rex's job. If they're playing better down the stretch than they were in the first half it will improve the odds he stays. If he and John Idzik are clearly working well together and gaining confidence in the other guys abilities it improves his odds.

Starting Geno Smith may well lead to a poor first half of the season, because he's a rookie and because the schedule is pretty brutal in the second quarter of the season. It will however demonstrate that Rex and Idzik can work together on a shared interest of the team: finding the QB of the future. It will increase the chances that the Jets look better in the second half, due to the schedule lightening up some and to Geno's rookie flaws being corrected along the way. Getting to the magic number where the Jets are looking hopeful next year instead of at a high draft pick is much easier with Geno starting the season than with Geno taking over from Mark Sanchez at some point.

Rex has a contract for next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see an extension next year in camp off of a 6-10ish season this year followed by that big draft and the Jets looking good in camp.

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Don't buy into this shit for a second because if Sanchez was healthy he would be starting so this article is pure fiction

5. nonubiqitousgreen

nonubiqitousgreen New Member

IN reality Idzik hacked off RR's balls and told him it was time for Geno!!!

6. nonubiqitousgreen

nonubiqitousgreen New Member

:):)True Story!:lol:

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you don't completely suck you win the competition. Sounds like we have a very competitive team.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

lol :grin::sad:

9. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

A Mehta article and ppl acting like he speaks hard cold facts all of sudden.

I bet if he had written this article and switched Smith to Sanchez ppl would've dismissed this article like toilet paper.

Ny post said Jets were going to name Sanchez starter, but due injury might have to go with Geno. How abt that?

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Are you Sanchez trolls going to post on the Raiders forums after Sanchez lands there in 2014?

Oh yeah and I told you so....or are you still trolling for Sanchez after today?

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

How am i a troll? Geno shit the bed vs giants and my opinion WAS based on that. Stop reaching you little bitch. Digging old shit up to start something.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2