Douche Mehta: It's time for the Geno Smith era as Rex Ryan and key NY Jets brass agre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Aug 31, 2013.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

geno plays all season they go 0-16 - 2-14 if lucky and draft a QB t end the Geno era in 1 year.

Geno will play a few games, shit the bed, and it will be time to let Sacnhez earn a spot on another team next season with nothing to play for.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You are a dumb ass...the POINT I was making is I do not KNOW what "El Guapo" means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't speak the language...it just sort of rolled off the tongue! Geeeezzzzzzzzzzz I speak French, English and Swedish....so sue me!

As well, I would like for you to explain to me how what I said was racist. Please....

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

really? you find el guapo offensive? it means "the handsome". lighten the hell up.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Bart Scott called Sanchez Nacho.

5. 85inthehall

El Guapo mean The Handsome -- so The Handsome Sanchez isn't bad

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

We have two quarterbacks who play like rookies . . . however, only one of them actually is a rookie. Mark has 3 turnovers himself, including an embarrassingly inexcusable pick six as well as one of the worst clock management gaffes I've personally ever witnessed, at any level of competitive football.

We are a team with a 1st year quarterback who makes horrendous, game-changing mistakes and a 5th year veteran who makes horrendous, game-changing mistakes. We most likely aren't going anywhere, no matter who plays quarterback. Why not let the rookie play and give him some experience? If he's truly disastrous, we always have the option of sitting him down. It's really not that big of a deal. Young quarterbacks were routinely benched in the old days. The notion that Smith will be "ruined" by a few games of NFL exposure is preposterously silly and paranoid. I'm tired of watching Mark Sanchez make the same critical, mind-numbing errors. I'm personally very much looking forward to not having to watch the same confused, dumbfounded, overwhelmed look on my quarterback's face every time he makes a mistake.

#66 slimjasi, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  7. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

And you called him Nacho and Nacho boy in a post just the other day. Do you know what that word means? So you use words that you don't know the meaning of, and your calling someone else a dumb ass? If you want to use racist terms to supplement your vocabulary, kindly do it another message board, thank you.

8. mezzavo

AGAIN...back to the topic at hand before the ACLU showed up...

I still don't think they lose that many games, really. I am concerned for Geno's long term well being. He is a flushed draft pick if he ends up destroyed like David Carr...or yes even MARK SANCHEZ (that make you feel better?). If they blow his confidence or make him shell shocked then what's the point?

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Yea, but Scott is a Black American, so it's OK.

10. slimjasi

Neither one of those is the least bit racist. El Guapo translates to "the Handsome". Stop being melodramatic and get off your high horse.

#70 slimjasi, Aug 31, 2013
  11. mezzavo

Really, you are kidding me, right? You are going to call me out? Countless people on this board have bantered about those names and you are going to call ME out?

Oh hell no...I am not seeing this. You can't put together a lucid football discussion so you are going to ride my ass about "name" calling? Wow...we've stepped back in time and have stumbled across the Gang Green Elementary school playground. Be careful there...do not assume that I am some random idiot. I may not know what El Guapo means but I certainly know that a Nacho is a tortilla chip...so if you are going to blow my asshole up about a god damn corn chip then we have bigger problems with you on this board about football.

Are you freakin' kidding me?? Where is a Mod when I need one??

12. 85inthehall

I think Sanchez has a great chance to get the positive progress he made in 2011 - with those 32TDs - and cut down on his mistakes with a better offensive line and more QB friendly offense. In 2011 he had those 32TD and 17 INTs - 9 lost fumbles....if he just gets rid of 6 of those you are looking at 32 TD / 20 TO worst case- not amazing but good enough to keep this team in the playoff hunt all season.

Smith hasn't thrown a ball more than 12 yards in the air and in college was one of the worst yards in air per completion in the nation. We don't have Austin on the wing catching balls at the line or scrimmage and going 90 yards to build up stats. Defenses will crowd the line, cut off screens, and say make Smith beat us deep because he isn't RGIII running with the ball. He will be swallowed up and over matched. He just isn't ready for the NFL and god forbid the Simms chants and boos start early I think Smith crumbles emotionally.

13. QueenzKID

QueenzKID Banned

IF THEY PUT THE Right team around him like they did sanchez the 1st 2 years geno will deliver them a championship

14. mezzavo

Well, same could be said for just about any QB, really. I think we lack the running game we had in MARK SANCHEZ'S 1 and 2 years to help Geno out with much. He is going to HAVE to throw to be successful this year and that's where he's going to get into trouble.

15. 85inthehall

Mark also had a very nice play action fake since day 1 with really helped him.

16. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

The unfortunate part is that if MM can actually help Sanchez to channel what he does best and have some success, chances are we are not going to get the chance to see it. If the shoulder capsule is really that bruised then who knows when or if he'll get a chance. It could be too late by the time that he does.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

So now he's an asshole for thinking he should have been a top 10 draft pick, meanwhile that was the consensus before the draft? Cmon man haha. There's a difference between expecting him to win games, and then playing like 3 of the best rookies to ever play the game. Sadly, I am not exaggerating that. I am a Geno "supporter". I think he has the tools to be a good QB in this league. But I in no way expect him to be even remotely close to those 3 QBs and anyone expecting that will most likely be disappointed. In all honesty, its not really fair to Geno to have those expectations set.

#77 laxin, Aug 31, 2013
  18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think Nacho came up from Bart Scott calling Sanchez that in Hard Knocks. Not that it makes it right, but that's how I think Nacho started up and became popular.

19. slimjasi

It's far, far worse . . .

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I've consistently called Muck Sanchez dog shit, a label that transcends race and is very appropriate.