Douche Mehta: It's time for the Geno Smith era as Rex Ryan and key NY Jets brass agre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Aug 31, 2013.

1. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Yes he won the back up spot. Don't you think if he won, they'd make an announcement. The obvious reason for not announcing a starter is the JETS are hoping Sanchez recovers.

It's quite obvious from numbers and obvious delay in announcing your starter, that Sanchez won the competition.

How many teams have announced their starting qbs, and how many have not? Exactly

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Bro Geno won there's no disputing that

Marty preferred him
    Idzik as well
    Rex knows he has to do what's best for the long term future of the team if he truly wants to be HC

3. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Thank goodness nyjunc doesn't work the weekends...or holidays...this news could be devastating.

4. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

as much as he defends the hell out of sanchez, he doesn't seem so joined at the hip to the guy that he'd be disappointed by this... not like a certain other poster convinced that this was never a possibility.

as for this "news" its pure speculation, as always i'm taking this with a boulder of salt until i hear the words from rex.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Sanchez isnt "overall better". If you want to pick out particular issues with Geno under center, like handing the ball of correctly, Sanchez looks more natural at that. Regardless, I would have started any QB over Sanchez because Sanchez consistantly has 20+ turnovers a season paired with little offensive production.

Geno will make rookie mistakes and turn the ball over. Hopefully he will improve and the number of turnovers will come down as he learns more. This is soemthing Sanchez never could do.

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i kind of cant wait to hear him say it... although i know rex is going to take the mark is hurt line so it wont be as wonderful as it could have been.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I was convinced by the way he torE up the Giants.
    :rofl:

Its clear Mehta, is hitching his Wagon to Idzik.

Bad. Areer move.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This organization continues to be a fucking joke.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

4 turnovers in 35 minutes of Live Game Action? Including running out of his own end zone?

Here is a $ buy a clue.

Smith is a Prospect. Not a Starter.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hobbes, dear sweet hobbes. hitch YOUR wagon to the fact that sancho is hurt. it will go over MUCH MUCH better than what you are doing right now.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

And Sanchez is neither at this point in time. So you go with the guy with the potential to turn into a capable starter.

12. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

You really want to argue that Sanchez should start because he is more careful with the football? LoL.

PS-Did you really have to reply twice? The reality that Sanchez isnt going to start really has you shaken up.

13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Geno didn't "win" anything, Dirty Sanchez got hurt, so what other choice do they have?

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know why anyone even responds to Hobbes anymore. It's very like taking to a Tebot.

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised that this news turns out to be true. You can see it in the roster cuts this pre-season. Rex has always, and I mean ALWAYS had a soft spot for under performing vets he has a history with.

What do we see this year? Veterans getting cut in favor of rookies, 2nd year players and UDFA's. I think the team is sending a clear signal that this is a rebuilding year and I think Rex has signed on to that with a behind the doors agreement that this seasons outcome doesn't seal his fate as a HC.
    The jets D-line with the Cutting of Garay makes Wilkerson just about the old man on the line, the only player in the league longer than he is Douzable (assuming he doesn't get cut).
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Barnes cut, it really wouldn't.

on offense they're going young as well. Though Mangold and Brick are safe.

It would not surprise me to see Sanchez traded in the first 1/4 of the season.

16. section331flagman

section331flagman Active Member

Why do you continue make racist comments when expressing your opinion about Mark Sanchez? Do you feel that it helps you to get your point across better? Serious question.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is something that has bothered me for a while.

Terms that have been used for Sanchez that I have seen include:

Nacho
    Taco
    El Guapo
    Mexican Jumping Bean

And I know I've seen others. People would shit themselves if someone started referring to Geno as Collard Greens Smith. Watermelon Smith. Fried Chicken Smith.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Ummm...I liked the nickname, I live in America and do not speak Spanish so yeah...it rolled off the tongue. No need to get your asshole in a pucker over it. I'm sure MARK SANCHEZ isn't.

Anyway...where was I? Oh yes...at Laxin...you bet your ass I can have those expectations from Geno Smith!!! The asshole thought he should be number 1 in the draft. Half the boneheads on this board are riding his jock like he is the next coming of RGIII, Luck or Wilson...so why shouldn't I expect him to perform likewise? When I say perform I mean WIN!!!!! I don't care if he has to "worm" his way down the god damn field as long as the points in the Jet's column is greater than the opponent's column. Wilson was a 3rd round pick...so....??? What's Geno's excuse?

CLEARLY someone in the Jets brain trust knows something we do not. Our eyes were LYING to us when we watched the games so....I expect, since he played like dog shit that we were hoodwinked and he is going to "turn it on" in game one and pull a Andrew Luck, RGIII or Russell Wilson. The bar has been raised my friends. No longer can we spend a HIGH draft pick and expect a year full of shit.

19. section331flagman

Some people just have extremely a limited vocabulary and a very low self-esteem.

20. section331flagman

Don't try and dismiss this as a "roll off the tongue" this is not the first time you have made racist comments towards Sanchez. Have some respect. I can pull up some of your recent posts if you would like