Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But we need more him, especially in his 5th year. I don't think that showed his full nature because we limited him so much. 20 throws in an NFL game? You are fighting an uphill battle if you consistently try that.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

He was arguably the worst tenured starting quarterback in the league last year. He was anywhere from "Bad" to "unbelievably fucking putrid" in the following games: Houston, Miami, @Seattle, @Tennessee, @Buffalo, and Arizona. His only "Great" game was week 1, at home to the Bills. Stop Hallucinating.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You're dogshit

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

...and there it is.

It's not what you DON'T say Junc...it's what you DO say.

And btw...Sanchez pretty much was the worst qb in the NFL last year.

Go ahead...say it.

I know you want to say it.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Conspiracy Theory here: What if they have Sanchez faking the injury so he can collect the money AND not embarass the team or himself anymore by being on the field this season. Win-Win.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I've said it a million times, he was horrible last year. If he wasn't the worst he was in the running but the difference btw myself and folks like you is I understand the circumstances so I understand he doesn't get ALL the blame and he's done so many good things for us that I do not forget unlike the average fan who only remembers the last performance.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

they are smarter than that, Rex is fighting for his job, he knows, the world knows the best chance for us to win is w/ mark starting.

I have a better conspiracy theory, I think Mark is going to play and they are going to send out leaks in the media saying he won't to try to throw off TB.

8. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

In 9th grade, I took algebra.

I had always been a good math student: numbers, long-divisions, etc. But this new concept of formulas and cancelling out equations was tricky. I wasn't lost, but I kept coming up short. I just didn't 'get it.' For months, I struggled along, knowing I should be doing better but always doing just "OK." I was getting B-minuses, B's, and maybe B-plusses when all my other courses were A's or higher.

And then one day, the light bulb went on. Voilla !!

All of a sudden, it seemed ridiculously easy. I was getting A's and A-plusses. My GPA soared. I looked back on the tests from the Fall and wondered how I could have missed some of the questions. It was that easy.

The same thing can happen in sports. A baseball hitter can adjust and the baseball goes from a ping-pong ball to a grapefruit size or even bigger.

In football, the best example would be, ironically, Phil Simms and Drew Brees. In his 4th year with the Chargers, Brees suddenly developed after the Chargers drafted Rivers and had an outstanding year (we beat 'em in the playoffs). Simms, in 1983, LOST his starting job to Scott Brunner in Parcell's 1st year. So entering Year 6, he still had done NOTHING (he was hurt when the Giants made the playoffs in 1981).

In 1984, Simms 'got it' and had a great last 10 years.

I'm not saying Sanchez will suddenly get it but there's a good chance that at some point he will start seeing the field much more slowly....seeing more defenders....seeing more open WR's.....this happens to ALL veteran QB's.....think of how many MEDIOCRE and even BAD QB's nonetheless become competent backup QB's after they have been int he league 8-10 years (Bruce Gradkowski, Trent Green, etc.).

How did guys who were terrible in their early years suddenly become fan favorites 5-10 years later ?

They didn't become better throwers or suddenly get smarter...all of a sudden, like that day in January 1977 when algebra just 'clicked-in' for me, things became alot easier. That's what happened to Simms in 1984 and Brees in 2004 and lots of other players. For the veteran QB who has seen lots of defenses after 7-10 years of being in the NFL, they might not be good enough to start for a good team and get a QB Rating of 95-100 or more, but they can do a decent fill-in job on most teams with a rating in the mid-80's.

Sometimes it happens.

Sometimes it never does.

With Sanchez, it's quite possible he will be the far-left standard deviation outlier: a guy with smarts, decent physical skills, and a good work ethic who nonetheless never gets to even mediocre/average QB ratings consistently. The jury is still out.

But it's also possible that -- with or without the Jets -- this guy can go somewhere else, maybe with more talent, maybe with less, and suddenly you will see him on ESPN with 4,000 yards and a QB rating in the mid-90's saying "Why the hell couldn't he do that with US ???????!!!!!

We just don't know.

That is why there is always the deference and preference to go with the higher-ranked QB with the pedigree and talent than the up-and-coming guy who shows flashes (think Richard Todd vs. Matt Robinson). Same reason why, when taking a test, you should go with your initial answer when you're not sure: your 1st instincts are usually best. A 1st-round draft choice is usually gonna work out better than a 2nd or 3rd (not always, but usually).

I don't know when or if Mark will ever 'get it.' I don't know when he will suddenly stop and realize that a throw into the secondary is a likely pick instead of throwing it away or throwing it to a 2nd or 3rd option for less yardage. It's quite possible he will be in the NFL 10-12 years as a backup and sometime-starter and just be the rarity of a high-draft QB: someone who wasn't a 'bust' but who never achieved even decent status or greatness either.

A postscript: while I excelled at algebra, a few years later I reached my mathematical limits with calculus. Hated it and did lousy. So just as some people reach their limits in football in high school and others in college and others in the NFL, we are gonna have to wait and see if Mark Sanchez' best was at USC or in the NFL.

I sure do hope, however, if he finally does 'get it' in the NFL, that he is still on the NY Jets. OTOH, the threads in this forum should he 'get it' down the line elsewhere will be fascinating to read. I'll be sure to bookmark this post for a few years down the road if that happens. LOL

#15928 JetsKickAss, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  9. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

This is the EXACT opposite of what you want to do with sanchez. The last thing you want is him throwing short, low risk passes.

Ny far, his two BIGGEST flaws are:
    -short accurcy
    -decision making/reading quick underneath coverage

so you are going to ask him to frequently do both, with LOW reward? To me, this makes absolutely no sense. Sanchez has shown a few things in his 4 years:

1) he is going to consistently turn it over when he throws it 20+ times
    2) His short accuracy is really poor, especially one 3 step drop 1st read throws.
    3) his deep ball is pretty decent, and easily the ball he throws the best.

So if his BEST accuracy is on deeper routes, he is gonna turn it over a ton either way, why in the world wouldnt you throw MORE high risk/reward passes with him?

if he is gonna turn it over either way you may as well try and get some big plays to offset those a bit. Hell, the only time we have really had success with mark is when we ran it a ton, never let him throw, but when we did let him it was for deep shots and impact plays

10. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

LOL that sure would throw off TB... it's Mark Sanchez not Peyton Manning

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"oh no, they replaced their awful qb they were planning on starting with their other awful qb they said was gonna be injured. how will we ever compete without having prepared our DBs to catch passes that will hit them in the numbers?"

:sad:

12. JetsKickAss

Met Sanchez Tonite....!!! Nice guy, looks smaller than 6' 2". Sat near him at dinner, little chit-chat but mostly let him spend time with his gal-pal.

I can say he has a few more things hurting than the official explanation. Also got some other tidbits I'll keep to myself for now.

Told him I hope he gets better so I can take the Jets in my Survivor Pool -- he laughed.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha........sure.

14. JetsKickAss

Sure...what ?

15. feldspar

feldspar Member

Geno Smith over Mark Sanchez is Jets OC's preference

Allies remain in short supply for Mark Sanchez.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Friday on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" that Marty Mornhinweg will unequivocally side with rookie Geno Smith if the offensive coordinator has a vote in the New York Jets' starting quarterback competition. Mornhinweg is a big fan of Smith's potential and believes he's the better option, whether Sanchez is healthy or not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...mith-over-mark-sanchez-is-jets-ocs-preference

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

did he have her headband on?

17. JetsKickAss

No...but was wearing an UnderArmour hat which is why I had trouble ID'ing him when he first came in.

Overordered too much sushi, but what the hell, he can afford it. LOL

18. laxin

laxin Active Member

C'maaaaaaan man. That is like saying "I know something you dont know and wont tell you!" haha.

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

yet Despite having LT he broke 70% completion on screens 1 of the two years and barely broke 60% on short passes of 1-10 yards 1 time. In other words in both categories even in his BEST years he was woefully inadequate compared to the 80% normal completion rate or better on screens by most QB's and 70% on 1-10 yard passes by most of the average or better QB's in the league.

In other words even with a receiver that played in to that game Sanchez was inadequate.

Heck he even had 13 picks on throws 10 yards or less over that 2 year span....of his 31 Interceptions over those two years, almost half were on screen's or short slants. You know, the staples of a WCO.

#15939 1968jetsfan, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  20. JetsKickAss

Nothing major, trust me. But some things that I overheard that might make more sense later in the season or off-season. If they turn out to be something, I'll report back. If they turn out to be 100% BS, then you didn't miss anything.

Big thing was what I reported in the Jet Experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.