4 Laughable reasons as to why people are writing us off

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 27, 2013.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Please, stop trying to act like you have an understanding of this team, you don't.

The Dolphins are the true clowns of this division, we all know it, the only reason they do not get the headlines is because no one cares about the team. They've done nothing for people to care.

You see, the Dolphins right now truly have no clue what the fuck they are doing currently. At all. It's hilarious. They are clueless, so to come in here acting like the Dolphins are all of a sudden superior to the Jets is comical.

You must feel really good about your teams off-season, eh? lol

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Agreed. Anyone who thinks you can lose the best CB in the league and not suffer in pass coverage is deluding themselves. We were getting the snot kicked out of us last year. Teams built up comfortable leads and didn't need to pass in the later stages of games.

The only way we defend the pass nearly as effectively as we did with Revis is to put the QB on his back ... And without Rex's played out blitzes. We need to beat guys, helmet on helmet and get to QB consistently. It would be a nice change, and the key to us having a big time defense this season.

3. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Don't agree on Sanchez. He will be just as bad. He has already shown that this preseason.

4. IIMeanDeanII

The defense was off compared to the past but we still held a top 10 status on Defense. It is not as big of a deal as people are trying to make it to be. It's just not.

We will have a big time defense, just like we always do under, Rex. To question that is silly at this point, that is all we've seen from Rex.

Why question that?

5. IIMeanDeanII

No he hasn't, he's had a couple of dumb plays but has looked much better otherwise.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yep - all the recent changes have just made the QB position >>>>>>>> everything else - a good QB makes everyone on the team look better and the coach a genius (exhibit A: the Patriots) regardless of the reality of the situation.

sadly we have never had a great QB - I just keep praying that the law of averages means it has to be our turn at some point. doesn't it?

7. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you are confusing the picture the media have decided to paint with reality - there is nothing (at all) to suggest that there is any circus atmosphere within the Jets or that the coaches have lost control of the players - unless you can point to anything concrete that has happened recently?

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez has completed 65% of his passes and led the offense to 37 pts behind center so far this pre season -- at least that looks promising.

Hell i saw joe flacco make some ugly plays last week.

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I have five more reasons:
    Rex sucks as a HC!
    Who is our starting RB?
    Who are our starting WRs?
    Who is our starting TE?
    Our line is so bad we might start Vladimir Ducasse!

10. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Soxxxx...

Yes we didn't have Revis or Holmes for the vast majority of last season..

Yes we fuckin sucked last season...

So I don't see your argument there.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I hear you. My point was that if Geno isn't ready, we shouldn't start him unless we have to. If he's as ready as he'll ever be, let him loose to see what he can do. Above all else, we need to think long term and I worry that throwing Geno to the wolves before he's ready will kill his confidence. I would guess that by April 2014, we should know if he's the answer or not, and can draft accordingly.

12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Agreed on the first 3. I think you're underestimating what a shitshow the QB play is going to be. God bless you for your optimism but in all likelihood it's going to be pretty bad.

13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no one is writing us off for any of those reasons. well, maybe #4... but anyhow...

people are writing us off because we are one of the least talented teams in the league with one of the worst QB situations, and with 0 playmakers. offensively, it gets worse, but not much worse.

we have horrible qbs, a bad run game, inconsistent blocking and no playmakers.

defensively our pass rush is a work in progress, our linebackers are as weak a unit as you will find and our secondary while good is not elite.

you dont win games when you do nothing well. we do nothing well.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'm totally with you on (1) and (2) and mostly disagree with you on (3) and (4).

First of all, Holmes is a huge factor. Yes, it's true that "If we get more than 4 games from Holmes in 2013 then it will be an improvement from 2012", however, we don't just need a simple "improvement". Instead, we need a "major, monumental improvement." We need a true number 1 receiver to take the pressure off of the young, talented (but developing) receivers on our roster. Holmes is, by far, the closest thing approaching that. (Although, I don't think he's an ideal number 1)

Secondly, it is entirely reasonable to consider our current qb situation a major cause for concern until decisively proven otherwise. We irrefutably had one of the two or three worst quarterback performances in the league last season (and by far the worst among teams with tenured starters). This year, we are bringing our same troubled starter back along with a talented, but overtly raw, rookie who clearly isn't ready for prime time. I expect whoever plays to be considerably better than Sanchez was last year, but it is still an obviously tenuous, worrisome situation. The bottom line is, quarterback is the most important position on the field and we have yet to prove that we have a competent one.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think you hit some points but miss some that comes from not being a Jets fan or following them as closely as us:

QB is up in the air. But this whole drama thing bringing the team down, yeah right. This ties in distraction and Rex. Our most successful season under Rex:

Hard Knocks
    Everyone upset at Rex for cursing
    Revis holdout
    Revis injury
    Allegedly harrassing female reporter
    Rex Ryan feet thing
    Cromartie calling Brady an asshole
    Jets burying the football from 45-3 (not sure why this was a big story)

There's more I'm probably missing. Also don't buy the losing the locker room thing. If he lost the locker room, where's all the players talking about? Where's Mr. Anonymous Source? Why hasn't Mehta heard of this yet?

Agree on Tannebaum. Agree offensively. Right now they just have raw potential.

I agree playoffs are a long shot, but I don't see last in the division. I have the Jets in the 6-10 to 8-8 range and I see either the Bills or you guys being worse than us.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Let me ask you all this: Say Geno lights it up his first two games, will Rex go back to Sanchez when he is ready or will he stay with Geno? Assuming Geno starts the first couple of games.( I know only a 10% chance )

17. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

as sad as this is it made me laugh

18. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

to the average football fan it's

1) LOL BUTTFUMBLE HUR HUR
    2) LOL SANCHEZ HUR HUR

19. Ted

Ted Member

Sanchez' talent is not the issue. His inability to secure the ball is. He has had 3 turnovers in less then 3 games in the preseason to go along with those points.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

QB smarts is part of being a good QB. Sanchez has none what so ever. I would much rather have a QB with a weak arm (Chad Pennington) then someone who turns the ball over at least twice a game.