Kyle Wilson: Cut this guy already !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Aug 26, 2013.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

interesting, cause he didnt get worked by just "any" receiver last year

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree. He's an average corner who gets picked on in a defense that plays a ton of man-to-man. He provides good depth at a position where you can never have enough.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Rex also said Derrick Mason would catch 90 balls for us, He also praised Gholston on a daily baisis.It's just hot air

4. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

imo if the ball didnt got to the receiver the db who was covering him had impact on the play regardless of what he did, otherwise the wr would just run the route and catch it. wilson is average cb just not a shutdown. imo dee starts to worry me with his health issues tho

5. 518

518 Member

He is average at best. Absolutely not worth his draft value, however I don't think you can have enough depth at CB and he certainly is serviceable. Take a look around the league fells, not exactly 30 Revis' out there at the nickel position on other teams. Grass is always greener however I rarely see him absolutely burned for huge gains like some other teams.

6. lamont_jordan_rules

he needs to learn to turn his head

still will let his wr's get a bunch of catches ... just won't p*$$ me off quite as much

7. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

It goes beyond allowing completions. He's either flagged, or could be flagged for pass interference constantly. There are obviously times that he's not being throw at, but given the choice, he'd be my number one target if I were playing against him.

8. NewYorkEveryThing

Any facts on how great a "knickel" CB he is? I have never ,ever seen in my life a cb no matter what round he got picked in, play so bad that I close my eyes every time he gets a pass thrown his way.

I would have cut him right after eli picked on him to a point it was unfair . Looks like tarzan and plays like jane.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

i could do without his elaborate celebrations after a receiver drops a pass while he trails the play by 10 yards....not going to lie.

10. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

What specifically was wrong about Wilson's technique?

If this is the type of analysis you're bringing to the table, why even bother?

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I've been saying this since he was drafted. What he is that he is a cover 2 corner on a predominantly press man-to-man defense. He is good when the play is in front of him; where he reads and reacts quickly. That's why he doesn't look as bad in the slot. However, when he has to turn and run with wide receivers, he is putrid. How Tanny, Rex and our scouting department failed to see this is the biggest fail. l think this was a situation where they drafted a player based on rating/ranking and need versus rating/ranking, need and scheme fit.

What's funny is that Patrick Robinson, the next CB to be drafted in the first round just 3 picks later, is the reverse. He struggles when playing off or zone but excels in press and bump and run.

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

can you guys created a topic of wich players will turn free agent in 2014 wich the jets can sign with the cap clear asside from the draft picks?

13. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!