I'm Just Sick and Tired....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

That and the fact that social media has given a lot of unqualified people a misplaced merit of journalism where gossip usurps truth and glitz is more valued than substance

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Well said!

I cant wait when the Jets make the playoffs and all those media fucks ragging on them and putting Rex under the microscope have to eat their words.

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Hang in there Turk!
    i feel the same way.

One note of solace....literally every win we have this year will piss off our local media, national media, and the cocky fan base of the team who lost to the Jets.

It's not much, but at least each hard earned win this year will be satisfying (even if the record isn't overall winning).

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The guys doing that are the losers who never played football past high school (if they played at all) and are bitter towards and jealous of anyone who did. So they went and got a journalism degree, kissed the right asses and now they get to cover an NFL team but they never learned enough about the game to be able to speak or write intelligibly about it. Instead of putting in time, being respectful towards the guys who know way more than them, and learning about the game, they choose to take the easy way, the TMZ approach to covering the sport. It's pathetic, but it's popular because there are so many guys like this covering the sport.

So at the end of the day, look at these people for what they are. If you can do that, you can disregard all of them and realize that the joke is on them for trying to be something they're not and spending a lot of their time embarrassing themselves trying to get closer to an environment where they know (but will never admit) they don't belong.

5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good lord. Another thread whining about how mistreated the Jets are by the media. Gird your balls already. Worse things are going to happen to the Jets on the field.

And I'm also concerned for your safety.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

:lol: Put Cimini and Mehta in a bodybag!

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I think Landry will be good!

:grin:

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Turk I couldn't agree with you more. Forgive me if I pile it on but I need to vent too. Is hard not get get angry at the negative biases the media has displayed towards the Jets. It's not even close.

Funny how the Patriots with a murderer in their midst and the Steelers with a sex predator as a QB received Less press, but playing your starting QB in the fourth quarter is reason for dismissal of the coach. Now that is clearly loosing control of your personnel, but nothing wrong with the selection process behind those two stellar aforementioned citizens.

Tebow is now heralded as a man that deserves his place amongst the 53, there is no circus there. Only with the Jets is every story twisted to shit.

Somewhere along the line the American game of football grew into a multi billion dollar a year industry, attracting with it the parasite media that feeds their interest and the frenzy that wants to keep people's attention 24/7.
    Winning in this league is everything, all else is forgotten and life moves on.

Today, for every serious sports journalist there is a ton of hot garbage hacks and wanna be analysts that steer the pot to sell prime time. They feed on each other. Once you are targeted there is no mercy. It takes talent to come up with original and insightful new stories. But any moron can pile on the shit that sells air time.
    Somewhere between the Tebow move, the more introspective Rex and the butt fumble we became the new target of opportunity. It starts in NY with the proliferation of incompetent writers like the Daily Shit with Metha the brain dead liar.

Only a major run of victories will change that. Then after a SB ring or two, you can tell each of them to go fuck off and they will kiss your ass for ever more.

I hope this is the beginning of Jets against the world and play every game like the Hunger Games. It's win and kill the media or die by the shit media.

Fire away

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I understand your frustration but fuck the media. There a bunch of clowns.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

So are we.....:)

11. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I've learned YEARS ago not to let the print, A/V & digital media sources negative "reporting" of the Jets anger me any more (Jet game-play does that for me on occasion :grin:). I'd rather Jet player-personnel use "it" for added extra motivation to straight show & prove while to me, it's nothing more than "entertainment"! Screw 'em!

Come game-time, it's all about what the Jet's put forth on the field;
    Pay no attention to those media clowns who are nothing more than Jet haterz!

(....for some reason, I believe the Jets will have a decent season....just this certain "feeling" I have inside me....)

12. LNDRYER

LNDRYER Member

Just win

The media needs something to write about, all they have now is off season assumptions, and side bar stories to write. The answer to the media criticism is WIN! While I don't think this team is going to go 16 -0, but if they go 8-8 and are in the ones they lose, the media will quiet down....and hopefully Rex will return to being himself. I liked the boastful Rex, this toned down one not so much.

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Rex should be wallpapering the locker room with this media shit.

Rex's next PC should be one statement and then walk away:

"It's the fucking NY Jets against the world and I say, fuck the world".

14. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Followed by......"Now let's go eat a got-d@mn snack....!!":up:

15. Sixto

Sixto Member

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I think we have a true shot at the playoffs. Hell, with Mark out the MVP of the teams we face is out as well.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm confident that the Jets will do better than expected, and there will be LOTS of angry people who pretty much banked on the Jets failing. They are trying to make the Jets look worse than they are. There are plenty of teams with similar question marks and they aren't constantly belittled like the Jets. I think the Jets should just do the bare required minimum with the media and that's it. Boycott them and give 1 word answers. Don't give them a single quotable. Anti-jets sells right now I guess. The Jets are better when portrayed as underdogs, all we need for for people to stop clicking on those articles and giving them hits.

#37 Barcs, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  18. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

its annoying but a lot of it theyve bought on themselves, particularly rex and nacho

19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sadly this is true.

Having said that, the media are loaded with a bunch of hacks. Every so often there is a sprinkling of sanity in there but not often. I've seen a couple decent reporters mentioned but the best, in my mind, is Pat Kirwan. You will never see him screwing with this kind of stuff. He's strictly a football reporting man. I will always read his column. Not much else out there really.

You know...back in the day...waaaaayyyyy back in the day I wrestled to stay in shape for football. I could wrestle all year round except for football season. I had a mean son of a bitch for a wrestling coach but he said something that I'm sure all of you who've played sports has heard...it's stuck with me all my life.

"Son, if you do not want to hear the criticism and the boos...go out on that mat and DESTROY your opponent!" "That will shut them up!" That is what I did...I went undefeated and won a state title that year.

That is really the only way this gets fixed...the Jets need to go out there and destroy every team they face. And the teams they don't beat...they'd better be competitive. THAT is how this gets fixed.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they say that you reap what you sow... and rex ryan talked alot of shit when he came in. then the whole thing turned into a circus and now the jets are trying to keep it quieter. this is a recipe for disaster... people love to kick the brash bravado having guy in the balls when he is down. rex should know that. then they gave them all this access and all these undercover stories to break.... and then pettine and tannenbaumer were told to hit the bricks. so now the jets and the jets fanbase is paying for the deeds that have been done.