I'm Just Sick and Tired....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm sorry but I need to rant. I'm getting sick and tired of the media making a mockery of the Jets. I get it, they don't think the Jets will be very good. And they are welcome to that opinion. But I'm just SICK and tired of the tongue in cheek chuckles and jokes. This is an NFL franchise whether they like it or not. And the level of professionalism shown across the entire media world is despicable.

If Geno Smith coughs on the sideline, an article hits that the Jets are completely mismanaging the QB situation and are a joke. If Rex makes a comment, which really isn't a huge deal, the media blows up and writes a 2 pager on how much of a joke the Jets are and how they are spinning perpetually into an abyss of mediocrity.

Media fatheads want to sit there and say 2 - 14 or 3 - 13 that's fine. Let them. Anyone actually doing their job would have no reason to predict less than 6 - 10 if not another win or 2. But that's beside the point here.

The general joke (literally) this team is being made out to be at each and every turn, combined with the nonsensical garbage being published is really pissing me off to a point that I felt the need to post about it.

I sincerely hope the Jets are using all of this as an "us against the world" thing because I'd love nothing more than for the Jets to win some games, and watch all these media windbags start to churn in their chairs and have to actually provide some semblance of analysis on the team.

This season is literally the definition of us against the world more than I've seen any franchise in any sport go through in my lifetime, and I have a sneaking suspicion the Jets are going to piss people off this year.

#1 TurkJetFan, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We as Jet fans need to completely ignore the media. Stop clicking on their links, un-follow them on Twitter do everything in our power.

Until this happens or we win a SB it won't change. The more attention we give them the more articles they create.

3. TurkJetFan

i'm talking national media....espn, the mainline networks. am i to stop watching sports center? we can ignore it, but it still pisses me off...and even if we ignore it they'll still do it.

the only way to stop it is for the jets to strike back and prove them wrong...if not, this will carry into next year in even stronger force.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I know. It's incredibly tiresome and frustrating. The biggest issue I have with all of the exaggerated, gloomy depictions is that they have an extremely tenuous historical basis supporting them. As has been pointed out repeatedly on this message board by myself and a host of others, the Jets have actually been an above-average franchise since Parcells took over in 1997. That's over 15 years of generally not sucking very much. The depictions of the Jets as this cursed franchise with nothing but futility in it's past is becoming a cartoonishly incomplete stretch of the truth. While we really haven't had the sustained success of a top franchise, we also have not been a consistent laughingstock in quite some time now. The reality is . . . we are somewhere in the middle.

5. Capt. Ace Nick

I like Jets AP beat reporter Dennis Waszak Jr. He always has good insight and never makes a mockery( Mehta, Cimini, Costello..etc) of the team. Just the facts maam...Just the facts.

6. TurkJetFan

1 guy who accurately reports on the team out of all regional and national reporters? not a good percentage.

BTW I have $100 bet with my friend the Jets go at least 8-8 with me thinking 8-8. I see no reason to believe the Jets can't win 2 more games over last year given the roster changes.

People can look at the schedule all they want and predict those 5 losses in a row. I'm willing to bet over those 5 games the Jets are capable of pulling the rug on one of those teams. In fact, I see the Jets being a team that will randomly beat teams thought to be far superior and be quite a pain in the ass.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i cant really pay attention to any sports media anymore cause of this shit

its bullshit and it needs to stop. hell even in the new madden when you play as the jets they gotta say shit about the buttfumble and the announcers chuckle

like im just sitting there trying to enjoy my new game and play with my favorite team and they gotta make fun of them? fuck madden

8. NewYorkEveryThing

If they are right..... Helllo johnny Football.

9. 101GangGreen101

It's really the only other way (to win), or Rex decapitates Manish and throws his head on Cimini's car hood.

Your fucking kidding me right? I wasn't planning on buying Madden, but this just confirms it.

I hate the media - I hope they rot in hell.

10. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

We're Daniel Bryan and the Media is Triple H.

We're gonna win in the end. Dont sweat it.

#10 BrooklynJet97, Aug 28, 2013
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At this point you just need to consider the source when you read something and if you don't like what you read stop giving the source hits. There's more than enough news about the Jets available at this point. That's what's driving a lot of the negativity.

The people publishing the griefer stuff are just looking for hits because they don't have anything else to sell in a thoroughly clogged media marketplace.

My rule of thumb at this point is that the Star Ledger is worth reading, the Post depends on the author (Costello is definitely worth reading) and the Daily News is basically unreadable.

In terms of national media ESPN alternates between worthwhile and garbage and the NFL Network is pretty hopeless with an occasional good story. Other national sources are just picking up stories written by the 5 sources above for the most part and there's little or no reason to give them clicks for recycled news.

This is going to be the state of affairs until the media market begins to shake itself out under the new revenue structures that are hammering it right now. The Jets could improve their position by winning a bunch of games but we're probably a year or two out from that possibility.

12. NewYorkEveryThing

I can't believe how out of control the media is . They called Gov. Christe fatso on the front page.

13. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

espn has been has been shit for quite some time i remember the final straw was when they did the "whos more now" segments (wtf does that even mean?). might want to give
    fox sports one a try

#13 biggundewayne63, Aug 28, 2013
  14. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Yes. There is nothing you get on Sportscenter that you can't get from a dozen places online, and in most cases, the online stuff is quicker and muchmuchmuch more thorough.

What does Sportscenter offer that's so great anyway? Certainly not in-depth analysis or box scores. Literally, the only thing change if you cut out ESPN is you might fall out of the loop on gossipy Sports Drama bullshit, I promise you.

15. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I only go to espn generally just to play fantasy football ... they recycle the same stories every 15 minutes.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YES! YES! :up:

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I never watch SportsCenter. The same replayed shit over and over and over again makes me sick just watching it. I'm extremely picky about my sports. I actually can only watch live sports. I know all about DVR and all that crap. However I only like to watch my sports as they happen real time. I admittedly also watch First Take and NFL Live and Countdown but never SC.

18. 101GangGreen101

I only watched BSPN for the NBA highlights anyway. I can watch NBA Highlights on NBATV. Same with NFL highlights for the NFLN - I see the highlights then change the channel. Just so I can watch more Breaking Bad!

19. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

as long as we drive the YEScalade!

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll bet it got them hits though.

Remember that the days of the media as some kind of overseer of the truth are over. Every major media source out there is part of a much larger corporate structure that has one interest in mind: make money any way you can.

It's one thing when a media structure is designed to promote a particular ideology or belief system. It's quite another when they're interested in chasing bucks and let nothing get in the way of that goal.

You know why Fox dumped Glenn Beck? Because despite his best efforts to promote the general anti-government ideology that underpins Fox he also offended many advertisers who refused to advertise on his show.

Bucks >>>>> Ideology. Every time.

Bucks >>>>> Truth. Every time.

Bucks >>>>> Democracy. Every time.

Bucks >>>>> Everything. Every time.