Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Parcells could do that. Belichek can do that. Mangini tried that but it didn't end well. What was the difference? Superbowl wins. Body of work gives you a certain amount of cache with the media. You can treat the media anyway you want if you win. Not so much if you don't.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think he is capable of that. Since the day he was hired, he was focused and almost obsessed with the media.

Now he is getting his ass kicked by the same urchins that he used to inspire his players.

He is a loudmouth. That is true. But he was once a confident loudmouth.

Maybe the problem is that he is not confident in his ability to coach this team anymore.

It's not the media's fault that the guy looks like a broken man when Mehta fucks with him after a preseason game and he makes himself look like a jerk.

Sidenote: I'm finding that I pretty much disagree with every one of your opinions these days.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I disagree with this part of your post. I don't think the defeated look is because of a lack of extension is how most people in his position would behave. most highly successful type-A personality guys don't mope, they continue to strive for success.

4. Cman68

If there is a better example of a "A-type" personality than Rex Ryan, I'd like to see it. I didn't really think that Rex was moping per se. He's trying to adjust to the new reality that he must operate within.

The "old" Rex couldn't have co-existed with Idzik. The two personas are far too different. That's why I see Rex bending over backwards to toe the line so to speak. I don't think Idzik would be comfortable with a true "Alpha Male" working under him. In the end, Idzik is the boss now and he's not Tannenbaum. Rex has to learn how to deal with that IF he's to keep his job.

That's why IMO, we're seeing Rex 2.0. Rex must feel like there's still unfinished business to complete. Nothing else makes sense as to why he's going against his own personality trying to fit in with the new regime.

5. abyzmul

This is a great post. And I hate it.

Rex has been reading water while he tried to understand the HC position. He has pretty much detailed his struggle.

I really like the guy, and I love what he brings to the defense. But right now, as a guy that likes Rex, I really don't like what I see from his demeanor. Yeah, I know that what we see at a presser isn't what players see on the practice field or on the sideline, but it still worries me.

He is not confident in his proclamations, and he has always been a public coach. I really don't have a high level of confidence that Rex survives less than a 9 win season.

6. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

Then what do we do? Were a revolving door and why nothing of consitency is ever established. Ny is the most difficult place to build a winner. Look how quickly everyones fall from grace is? All the reasons we loved someone yesterday we hate them today. Rex was thelove of ny with his big mouth... Greatest thing to ever happen.now more than half want him gone.

I pesonaly don't think sanchez will ever recover from the damage the orginization has done to him. In 2 years there almost noone that has agood word to say about the kid. Gemo smith plays one game, show how unready he is and all of a sudden everyones up in arms about how rex could be so stupid and jeapordize sanchez in garbage minutes. Isn't there a 25689999 person thread on here on why sanchez sucks?

I'm guilty of it also. I hate john idzik and think he's awful and none of his plans will ever work. Lol

Were a shiztphrenic orginization, with circus like media coverage.. Its a no win situation for anyone coming in,unless the jets ever go back to having a parcells type boss. Someone has to be inchage top to bottom.

For all the bitching about everyone that's come before.. We now have a lame duck coach, a gm with no experiance, sanchez is still best qb on the roster. Geno smith will be destoryed same way sanchez was.

I don't blame rex ryan. This is woddy johnson fault top to bottom. Can't build everything when you tunover every few years. We chase all trends.. Pats winning.. We want mangini. Thatdidnt work, we want brash ex ryam, that didnt work now we have idzik. We need to establish ourown identiy once. Something the orginazation has rarely done.. The only cinsitent thing the jets do is go in the polar opposite direction every 3/4 years and pray.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you may very well be right that the change in leadership above him has him checking his bolster at the door, but it comes off as a guy that is running out of fight.

this is how I feel. he can cater to Idzik while being confident to the media. but that loss of bolster is disappointing.

and if we lose Rex because of Idzik, I will be pissed. but maybe I am just pissed at drafting Milliner.

8. Cman68

I'm thinking the bar might be even lower than that. Idzik had to take Ryan to get the job. Now Ryan has to take Idzik to keep the job. Ryan 2.0 may be a ghost of the old Rex, but you can't fault the man for doing what he has to do. I don't think Rex has enough cache just yet in the NFL to write his own ticket as a HC.

Rex is in a really bad situation with very few options at his disposal. His roster for the most part, is not at an serviceable level but he's expected to get at the very least, a serviceable performance from them. His new boss was forced to take him on but only for a year and that year is already gone. Woody has been silent thru all of this preseason so its clear he's letting his new GM call shots. This new GM is simply watching how the dominos fall in 2013. Kinda like knowing your company is going to downsize your department at the end of the FY. You can see it, you know its coming, and you have to deal with it. That probably doesn't make for a lot of joy and cheer in Rex's world right now.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I get the impression that Rex reports to Woody alone.

10. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

If you read Cimini he worships Parcells. Which is funny insofar as Parcells gave the media nothing . He was like Belicheck saying nothing except with a personality and he had credibility .

11. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Oh I think that's a very wrong impression. Idzik is in his nightly dreams.

12. abyzmul

You may be right.

But you know what?

Tables have apparently Turned

13. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

I think this should also be posted in this thread. Great stuff.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You are aware that Idzik was the 6th person offered the position after the 1st 5 turned Woody down :sad:

15. championjets69

Aw would U rather place a bet in Vegas that the NYJs win the SB or put your confidence in gold? :sad:

16. championjets69

What does record mean in pre season? Please expound on your theory on this :sad:

17. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

I'm really trying to be sensitive here because "firing" is serious at any level. But at some point even those fired have to admit, "Yeah, I deserved that."

So here's a question for Rex supporters: In your opinion what would it take for Ryan to get fired ... even he would have to admit it was the right call?

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I would say the percentage of people who want Rex to Stay verse having him fired is 60% who want him to stay 40 % who want him gone that's why this season is gonna be huge fo Rex

19. Ghost of 69

Ghost of 69 Guest

I don't want to see Rex get the boot, I've always liked defensive minded HC's. But scuttlebutt is saying that Idzik and Rex are already at odds. I hope the rumors aren't true, and the focus is doing the best with what we have.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please provide a source for this.