Vlad Ducasse 1st String/Peterman cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFL, Aug 21, 2013.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

actual what i do is form my own opinions based on logic,intelect and....

nevermind you probaly won't understand

2. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

The Peterman cut

Does this come as a surprise to anyone? I was not watching the position that closely in the preseason bc I though Peterman was pretty much a lock to start. According to the depth chart they have Vlad backed up by Winters. Is Vlad finally ready to take this over or maybe they have confidence in Winters. Who is going to back up Mangold? According to the depth chart it is eric cook, who's he?

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Peterman wasn't looking all the competent at LG. I think the Jets just decided to go with the young guys if all the choices were failing to light it up at the same time. That's what a rebuilding team does.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

PEterman sucked at RG for the Lions last year. I think by mid-season Winters will start at LG... for the time being let's get Sanchez or a rookie killed by Ducasse's ineptness.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm happy with Ducasse starting until Winters can take his spot, or eventually Colon's spot. Either way I haven't been this hyped about the oline since 2009. It's refreshing. Geno had all day to throw on some of those passes against the Giants. This will make a huge difference for Sanchez down the road. Oddly enough I see this team very similar to 2009 except with an offense that actually moves the ball and avoids 3 and outs. Peterman scared me in a WFH type way. Colon & Vlad are both monsters and they could do good things together up front with big Nick!

#125 Barcs, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought both of them were cut.

7. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

Makes no sense to keep vet stopgaps over youth in rebuild phase when lvl of play is fairly close. Same for Braylon....

Every decision of this nature is an investment in the future. The more we sacrifice now the bigger the payoff down the road. Ie playing kids, grooming qb, developing offense and securing the #1 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft. Amen

#127 ncjetfan, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the difference is likely not even a rounding error in the Woodman's petty cash drawer. I doubt the reason(s) 4 not matching Chi was/were purely financial.

9. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

RE <#9 Cooper/Warmack - #13 J. Jones>

My picks were Warmack at 9 and Eifert at 13 ...

10. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

The other thing is I think they thought Slauson was a media source .. they are trying to seal the loose lips in the locker room. Vlad on the other hand can barely talk.

11. lamont_jordan_rules

hahahaahahhahaa ... worst possible choice

12. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Let's see .. Simms plays great but gets sacked like 7 times. Running game stinks. And guess what, Vlad ain't starting because Jets coaches recognize (even if their boot licking fans in this thread don't) that he stinks. Winters better be ready. Jets needed O'line and help for the QB for their west coast offense so a two way TE would have helped. Meanwhile, Milliner can't get on the field.

13. DanR

DanR Active Member

How do we feel about Vlad in week 3?

We all complaining about penalties. But wasnt Vlad the biggest offender today? Those holding calls really hurt. Too many 1st and 20's. This is counterproductive when trying to build a rookie QB.

14. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

I thought it was one hold and one false start back to back? There wasn't anything else was there? He turnstiled again on the one pass but Geno got it off in time for one of the 50 yard completions. Other than that he didn't look too bad to me live but I wasn't focusing on him much. His run blocking was obviously good again since they had so much success running left.