Welcome to the 'Lion's Den' - Shelden Richardson Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Aug 25, 2013.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Kyle Wilson's problem is ball awareness, hes usually in position but he just never seems to turn his head around and look for the ball. In the NFL that will get you PI 99.9% of the time. It's a little bit worrisome that he still hasn't developed the ball awareness and a shame because he can cover.

2. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I watched the play again, great job by Wilkerson forcing a double team, allowing Richardson to blow right by him.

[​IMG]

Even before that he got a really good push. I think these two will help each other a lot. Add Coples to the mix, and that's a solid core of young players that can get to the QB.

3. NFL

NFL Active Member

Our DLine played great last night. The 3 young guys in Mo, Sheldon, and Damon where really good. Richardson couldn't be stopped all night, he really did play great. I think that Damon Harrison had the best night though. He was all over the backfield. I remember one play of his, 3rd or 4th and 1 Andre Brown gets the run up the middle, Damon sheds the block and stops him before the 1st down. Great play.

He had the best night because he's been posting on Twitter on how he's been having consistency issues, and last night, he put it all together and should have won the NT job IMO.

4. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

Sheldon looks Greak wilkerson ELLIS LOOKS great Looks Great n coples looked great wen he played , hopefully hes back quick

this the best dline jets have had since that 09 season

demario davis is 1 of the fastest lbs in the lg and he can tackle n has gud pass coverage
    Mcintyre is a hell of a pass rusher n a real gud tackler David harris 1 of best mlbs in lg imo

DEE Crom laundry allen in the secondary , this defense is set , Once they get a offense that can produce points this is a automatic sb contender

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ellis didn't play last night.

6. Thank you to the original poster for insight that has nothing to do w/ Quarterback OR being overly pessimistic.Breath of fresh air.

Hoping Richardson can be a force for years to come.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Very happy to see his production this preseason. When he was drafted, there was so many negative comments on most boards/media-outlets. His success so far is giving me some faith in Idzik's drafting abilities.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Kid is going to be a monster

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

No doubt. Don't want to jinx it, but he could be special.

10. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Fly back to Ireland in the morning having stopped in ny to go to
    that game and im taking a richardson jersey back with me.
    Kid is a monster and I know its very premature but come the
    end of season I expect him to be in the running for the defensive
    rookie of the year award

11. BleedingGangGreen

Our defensive line is going to be deadly this up coming season. Especially once Coples returns we're set at both 3-4 and 4-3 when in regards to our defensive front. Wilkerson, Ellis and Richardson when running a 3-4 along with Wilkerson, Ellis, Richardson and Coples when running a 4-3. Love the way coach Ryan has (completely) re-vamped our entore defensive line with nothing but young talent since taking over back in 09. Harrison also looks like he's going to provide us with outstanding depth. But yes I agree, Sheldon Richardson plays like an animal out there.

12. BleednGreen247

We haven't even seen millner yet

Sheldon
    Q
    Wilk
    Dee

Loving that young talent

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

His speed and power are just off the scale. I think what we are seeing in preseason will easily translate into regular season.
    Funny, when we first drafted him, I read that he would go largely un-noticed giving the plaudits to others around him, very glad to say this isn't the case.
    I would be very happy to see him get 5 sacks this year, but have a funny feeling it will be more.
    I give it 2 - 3 games before teams will have to game plan for him, or am I over hyping him now?

14. BleedingGangGreen

Ellis, Allen, Bush, Davis, Harrison etc. All 24 years of age or younger outside of Ellis (25). We just may have the youngest defense around. Potantial is unlimited being coached up by Ryan.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Man what a monster Shelden...We need you big time for Brady this Thursday...Pretty much why we got him.

16. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

Haven't signed in in a while so wanted this to be my
    claim to fame.
    Clueless Irish guy calls Shelden as droy before the season started

74, JetLifeLo, Vahncase and 7 others like this.
  17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'd bump all the old threads that I was right in, but it would leave the front page very crowded.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good job lad. Lets go drink some stout!

GreenWhiteandGold likes this.
  19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Damn I was right...He was easily the best of the picks this year...Actually the BEST DAMN PICK IN THE NFL DRAFT of 2013

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Don't get carried away dude. He may have been (arguably) the most productive rookie but there is lots of time left. Don't get me wrong, I like the pick and what he's done and I'm expecting a bright future, but there were 254 picks in that draft who have a lot of ball to play before crowning him the best pick.