Simms any chance of starting??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

If Sanchez is hurt, he probably won't be practicing or playing in game 4 anyway, lets see what we have in Simms.
    I didn't see Geno as bad as everyone else seems to have... Other than the picks. He moved the ball pretty well had a few dropped on him and a fumble lost. He might settle in after a few games.

2. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I heard on the FAN earlier, that the Jets are looking into Matt Leinart and some other scrubino. Terrific.

3. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Where is Joey Harrington? Marty already coached him.

4. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

I'm not that optimistic about Simms or McElroy (lots of second-string quality QBs look like All-Pros against third-stringers and future grocers). But at this stage I would like to see them get decent reps against the Eagles. It's not like the Jets have a lot to lose by evaluating them.

5. aboss4real7

aboss4real7 Banned

Cmon b REAL Geno is the man he made rookie mistakes like every rookie(Even ones that went on to become HOFrs)and the first int wasnt his fault he still threw a td and drove the jets down the field twice n once 4 a td .

GENO Is da Building Block keep him as qb add pieces around thats a superbowl in 3 years

6. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

imo this judging on geno over 1 game its ridiculous.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Hey aboss4real7, are you really Geno? Just asking since your posts suck as bad as his play did last night.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Should have signed Vince Young when nobody wanted him.

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

no wonder people outside say jets are a mess you cant even give a rookie a break over a game. He can ball with the right players around him its no tom brady or rodgers but can be effective if properly used.

10. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

1 word for YOU... WRECK!!!

11. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

That throw across his body was a pinpoint pass to his left, while he was still going right. That's a pro delivery that not too many QB's can make. I really liked what I saw..

This is the rebirth of an original "darksider" who hasn't posted any "Sanchez must go" messages, but I'm sick of him.

12. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

.....w....

13. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

have to say that out of the three QB's it was Simms who stood out the most. I would like to see him get some game time against some opposition 1's and see how he does. Those two laser passes for the TD's were a thing of beauty.

For Geno. He did some nice things, but also he looked off the pace of the game when receivers were in tight coverage. That safety was dumb, but he wont do that again, thats for sure.

14. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Are you Geno's dad?

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

brett Ratliff FEVER

16. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I don't know if Matt Simms is going to be any good, and in no way do I think he would be ready to start, but just because he played against 3rd/4th stringers doesn't mean you can't take away things about his game from the tape. Bottom line is that 40 yard pass he threw across his body on the run was a beautiful pass, and it doesn't matter if it was 1st string or 3rd string, that pass would have gone 40 yards down the field throwing across his body on the run. Would it have been completed? Maybe not, as the 1st string D may have had better coverage and been able to defend the pass, but none the less this guy showed off his arm strength. That TD pass was a solid bullet, and had ton of velocity, this guy easily displayed he has the best arm on the team probably, can't doubt that. It's just a question of does he have the accuracy to throw it into those tight windows you usually only see going against the 1st team defense as opposed to the 3rd/4th? We'll probably never find out. But to disregard everything he does just because he is playing against the 3rd/4th team D is unfair to this guy, a guy with a strong arm is a guy with a strong arm 1st team D or 3rd team D.

17. Josh86m

Josh86m Member

Zero. Absolutely no chance.