NYDN: QB Competition Rigged (Per Mr Mehta)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

MOST of us thought this was an above board fair competition, and yeah this is from Manish but I've been having this gut feeling for a while now....

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They are discussing on WFAN right now.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Mehta's butthole is rigged with C4, and the stress is starting to show.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Manish sounds like incarcerated bob with a degree. He also loves penis.

5. lamont_jordan_rules

mark had a chance against the jags to show he'd improved on his turnover tendencies ... unfortunately he played the same as he had the last 2 years.

if geno is able to play better than that he should start ... IF ... MM decides that he is mature enough to handle the responsibility week 1

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I have troubling believing this story TBH, i guess we will find out if Manish is credible or not real soon.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have no idea if the facts are true or not, but the tone of that story was so unprofessional it's amazing.

If any of you youngsters out there would like to see how it's possible to be professional while still definitely giving opinions in your sports columns, go out and find a copy of The Red Smith Reader, a collection of columns by the late great Red Smith.

8. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Rigged? Sanchez was given an opportunity to perform, and in roughly 3 quarters, has thrown 2 interceptions. Idzik didn't use his telekinetic powers to make Sanchez throw those interceptions. This is a bullshit article by Mehta who is just trying to grab attention, now that he doesn't have Pettine leaking the Jets dirty laundry to him.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fuck off Mehta. I absolutely loathe this piece of scum.

Also, I thought it was rigged for Sanchez to win? What gives?

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a load of garbage to me. It makes sense that Idzik would be pushing for Geno but that doesn't mean that there wasn't an open competition. If Sanchez was playing lights out and Geno was fumbling every snap they weren't going to go with Geno anyway just because they drafted him recently.

If Geno is the starter it's because of one of three reasons:
    1) he earned
    2) Sanchez proved he didn't deserve to start
    3) a combination of both 1 & 2

11. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Exactly, too many writers in the NYC market are of the TMZ mold ist's not even funny. Just becasue you can peice togther some sentences a writer does not make...He dosent even deserve to have me type his name; HACK

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's been obvious from the beginning and I don't think it is a bad thing. The new GM drafted a QB he wants to play, if he is ready to start opening day he will and that has never changed. The only way for mark to start and keep hi job is if Geno flops this week then mark takes off in the reg season.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

are you for real? this dude lost his credibility eons ago.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

^ This

Me too. I guess the media flip-floppers are in full force with the last meaningful pre-season game coming up.

15. BleedingGangGreen

For myself personally if it's true that Geno Smith has earned a chance to start over Sanchez dating back to day one of the offseason, then so be it. That's the coaching staff and/or front office decision.

But lets not ride on a single preseason game in order to decide our starting quarterback. I believe that'll be a coaching staff mistake. I believe it's an awful job to tell Geno Smith that, as long as you don't turn the ball over against this Giants defense that you'll be the opening day starter. To me, that doesn't make any sense. I don't believe this mans story any longer. So if Geno Smith has earned the starting role and/or is pretty much currently tied with Sanchez, if Geno Smith goes 18/21, 260 yards, 2 TD's/1 INT... He wouldn't be the opening day starter against Tampa Bay come week one all because of a single turnover during a preseason game?

I just don't believe that's a way to judge a quarterback competition and I don't believe our coaching staff does either. That to me, would be a knee jerk reaction. I just wanna see what Geno Smith has on the football field as of right now. It's the preseason. I wanna see Geno strike with 4 WR's and 1 RB/TE. Out of shot gun. Under center. Play actions. Roll outs. Handoffs. Hurry ups. The playbook can be vanilla but that's why I wanna see. I wanna see Geno being Geno. Not Geno being scared to turn the ball over because of Sanchez lurking from the sidelines.

I personally don't believe Mehta's story the more I think about it. I'm pretty sure our coaching staff and front office have decided by now and/or will decide on who's our starting QB on a lot of other aspects outside of a preseason game during week three. Especially to ride all on 1 turnover or not? Seems made up to sell a meal ticket.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Manish Mehta is Bleacher Report but for an actual publication. The guy has no credibility and he writes like he's putting together a portfolio for an eventual move over to TMZ.

I'd love to see that guy try to do any one of the things he attempts to critique players about.

17. nyjunc

Manish is 100% correct, he went about it the wrong way spinning it as a negative but he is correct. Geno was always going to start if he proved he as ready, he didn't have to have a spectacular camp, he didn't have to beat out mark he had to show he was ready and b/c of the injury it will come down to showing that this week. he doesn't have to be great, he just has to show he has a command of the offense and he will be our week 1 starter.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I guess 4 playoff wins don't matter much after all.

19. nyjunc

The GM has no connection to those 4 playoff wins, he didn't get to choose a coach so you better believe he wants to choose his QB.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex, Morningwood and Idzik are just average fans.