Can't wait for Rex to be fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Aug 20, 2013.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The sooner the jets move on from the Rex Ryan era, the better. Yes, the jets are in rebuilding mode, but whoever rebuilds with a coach that TOOK the team from contender to needing a rebuild? A series of bad decisions by Rex and Tanny GOT us here--If there is EVER a team that needed a man with a new approach/fresh look at coach, it is the jets. Consider:

1. He has the defense totally screwed up. The jets constantly use high draft picks on DL. Most teams that invest heavily in DL play a base 4-3, which maximizes athletic DL. Rex insists on playing a base 3-4 which should require only marginal DL to basically "block" for athletic linebackers. Of course Rex doesn't see it that way and then moves quality DL like Coples out of their natural position to try to play OLB. Wonder why he got hurt--who ever heard of a 290 pound LB? If I'm wrong, then tell why superstar Blaine Gabbert and the might Jags moved up and down the field at will against Rex 's first team 3-4 defense at home. Get used to seeing that this year. The sooner we get a coach who develops a system around his talent, not the reverse, the better. I'm sure someone will write back and claim "Rex plays a hybrid 3-4 and a 4-3." Then why was Coples moved to OLB then? He looked about as lost in space as any other athlete who spent his career on the DL until Rex the wonder dog figured out a better position for him.

2. The very fact that he is even considering Sanchez for a starting job speaks volumes about his stupidity. ANY OTHER COACH who watched butt fumble's performance the last two seasons would move on to anyone else. Of course Sanchez's red zone INT and ignoring a WIDE OPEN Gates right in front of him against the Jags was not Sanchez's fault, according to Rex. Mark gives us the best chance to win, except that we rarely do with him. I would take Smith, Simms, or anyone else over Sanchez eight days of the week.

3. He has no clue how to handle players. He picks Holmes as a team captain and Holmes promptly has a meltdown on the field...that is real leadership. Rex spent almost an entire press conference yesterday telling the world that backup LB Garrett McIntyre (Coples replacement) is the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. I never thought a backup linebacker cut by so many other teams could sound so good. Yet last week Rex did all he could to tell the world how "brutal" (his words) Geno Smith looked in one day of practice . Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be SO ADAMANT that my potential future at QB (Smith) is a piece of crap, and a few days later make an all pro out of a journeyman LB. While most coaches take an honest critique of all their players, Rex loves to point out when Coples (weight room), Milner, and Smith stumble, but brags up Sanchez ("Mark gives us the best chance to win!") and Garrett McIntyre of all people like they're the second coming of Christ. I'm sure it really helped Geno Smith's confidence for his head coach to shake his head and go ON AND ON about how "brutal" Geno looked on a bad ankle one day in practice--hey Rex, there are those that COULD FIT the words "brutal" and "Mark Sanchez" into the same sentence when reviewing tape of the last two years. But that is not consistent with Rex' s Sanchez tattoo. Go figure...the sooner Idzik gets rid of Rex, Sanchez, and Holmes, the better.

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I value opposing viewpoints so I started to read the thread.

Then I got to item 1 and your summation of Ryan's is completely wrong. So I choose not to read the rest.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I hope you're wearing your flame retardant clothes today Tom. The Rexaholics will surely be lining up with molotov's aflame. :)

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hope we can get Bruce Coslet or Rich Kotite back, that would make our "spoiled" fanbase appreciate Rex.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Rex needs a top notch oc to be effective, and it seems they've found one in Mornhinweg. I'm looking forward to seeing what this duo can put together.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

6. Justone

Justone New Member

Tom you sound like Cimini. Not who you want to be compared to. What did he say about Smith I have missed that in every article Rich has written. The Butt fumble? Read that. Cmon next thread please

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

"We're on our way to having a hell of a franchise."

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

looking forward to Mangini 2.0 :rolleyes:

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

+1

Rex certainly has his faults but I couldn't get past your first issue.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

worst thread ever

11. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad for creating it.

1) I don't think you understand the defense Rex tries to run.
    2) maybe...but Rex knows a lot more about football than us so I have to defer to him on subjective calls
    3) derp

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Point #1 is fuckin dumb. We run a hybrid D, genius.

I hope Rex gets an extension.

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Couldn't get past how awful point 1 is to keep reading. You blame Rex for Coples getting hurt? You complain about him being moved around? Did you not see him playing great in game 1 and 2? Coples isn't a strict OLB he's being moved all over. You completely dont understand the concept of what Rex does on D. Theres a million things to criticize him about and you pick basically the 1 thing that he's done a great job with.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I won't go over the observations point by point... but I think one thing a agree with is Rex's propensity to say shit about his players to the media that just seem inappropriate.

What good can come from calling out Geno for a bad practice, and Coples for his workouts? That stuff should be handled in-house face to face. I just don't see how saying that stuff in press conferences has any positive affect at all.

15. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Please think before you post. If there is any hope I have for this season, it is because Rex is our coach.

1. We finally are seeing a pass rush from our front 7, and do you not realize we are running vanilla plays? Coples has played like a beast, and Adalius Thomas was a heavy outside linebacker for Rex during his Ravens day....he was an all-pro twice.

2 and 3. You lost my attention at 1.

16. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

rex threw away any chance we have because of his loyalty to sanchez last season. for me, there is no way to redeem himself. great coordinator, great motivator, poor head coach. i hope he is canned midseason

17. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

You're an idiot. Nuff said.

18. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Really this fanbase amuses me....we are like a revolving door of coaches. How about we ground ourselves and keep familiar faces around to see what we can build. I think the correct tools are in place now for us to be successful (at a coaching level, player level still needs to be addressed). Constant change will never get us anywhere!

19. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

This guy has been a Jet fan for 5 minutes. Ignore.

20. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

As noted, this was a terrible post. I'd like to focus on one ridiculous thing that stood out to me:

Did you see how he hurt his ankle? He was recovering what he thought was a fumble when he knocked it away from the QB. What does being a LB have to do with that? D-Lineman don't sack the QB? Coples should never try to get a sack because he might get hurt?

Woof.