ESPN: Holmes could be 'close' to returning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

A Lisfranc injury occurs when the 5 main bones that form the arch separate from the rest of the foot.

This usually occurs in high speed car crashes or when a heavy weight is dropped on the top of ones foot.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Holmes suffered a grade 4 injury, which is the worst. The joints where all 5 foot bones attach to the heel became dislocated and torn apart. His foot basically needed to be reconstructed with pins and screws to hold it together.

Post surgery required ZERO pressure/weight for the first 6 weeks to 2 months.

Dudes lucky to be walking.

#21 Footballgod214, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  2. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

So is he going to be significantly slower? I mean he was known for his quick cuts and bursts of speed. Hes been on the shelf for a long time. He might not be the same player anymore. Thats what im worried about the most.

3. Footballgod214

Actually even if he's down he's not 'down' until touched by an opposing player. The ball was live.

They say the ground can't cause a fumble, but I guess having your foot torn in two can!

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

According to Manish, he said that Holmes was running pretty damn fast when he was warming up with Geno Saturday night..

Guy has the best doctors in the world at his fingertips and I am sure that thing will be healed 100%. Won't matter one bit though if he doesn't trust his foot to make those cuts and run that fast.. Mental game at this point.

5. Footballgod214

My thinking relative to him tossing the ball away is that he KNEW he was severely injured, the play was still 'live', and did whatever he had to to avoid a 220lb safety from pile driving him.

Just one of those things your brains does in a split second without consulting you first.

Just my guess.

You can actually see him flinging it away as if to say "here....go fetch...just leave me alone"

#25 Footballgod214, Aug 19, 2013
  6. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Holmes has partaked in massive trolling of the media this offseason. He deserves more credit for it.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Question I have is, will Holmes suddenly turn brittle and start playing that way. He seems more like the guy that will start jumping out of bounds very, very quickly instead of going for the extra yard. Time will tell..

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Funny when RG3 hurt his knee he fumbled as well and made no attempt whatsoever to stop it. Yet people aren't calling him a cancer. What a joke this post is. Talk to me when you are in excruciating pain after pretty much snapping your foot in half. Yeah I'm sure your priorities will totally be on an athletic GAME at the time.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Posts like this baffle me. Because Holmes totally is an asshole that only cares about money. Yeah he was gonna sit out this season to make sure he's healthy for a big contract next year. Ask the haters a week ago, and they knew this was happening! Let's pretend Holmes didn't spend a lot of time working with the young receivers last camp or that he's been working hard and doing and saying all the right things since struggling down the stretch in 2011. Keep dwelling on the past. OMG HE DRANK LIQUOR AFTER GETTING HIS CONTRACT DURING THE OFF SEASON! HOW DARE HE!!!

#29 Barcs, Aug 19, 2013
  10. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

Congratulations, you're one of a handful of Jet fans that's a Holmes supporter. Just listen to the guy talk. He literally could not care any less than he does. It's not like he had one outburst at the end of a lost season that gave him this reputation. He was the number one playmaker of a Super Bowl Champion team that got run out of town because the Steelers are an organization with enough balls to not stand for the bullshit. I'm sorry that I root for higher character players rather than for some primadonna like Holmes.

11. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

You're an idiot. The fact that he needed to take a picture of himself "celebrating" his new paycheck and then tweet it out to a billion people to see says it all. Me me me. There's plenty of athletes that are selfish and in it for just the money. But Holmes does nothing to even hide it. For crying out loud, humor me a little bit, say that winning means something to you.

12. Jollygreenjet

Jollygreenjet Moderator

Sandbagging, I think it's funny. As much as the media screws with this organization they deserve as little info as possible, especially when they use everything and anything against us. At least he didn't set us up by being unable to fulfill a specific time frame. I will just be happy to see him on the field sooner than later!

13. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

This was a serious injury .. he will not have the same speed even if he does come back and chance of re-injury is high

14. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

Unfortunately most Jet fans don't take winning seriously enough and actually defend the organization that is screwing them as fans. Instead they blame the media for doing their job.

15. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

<Holmes suffered a grade 4 injury, which is the worst. The joints where all 5 foot bones attach to the heel became dislocated and torn apart. His foot basically needed to be reconstructed with pins and screws to hold it together.

Post surgery required ZERO pressure/weight for the first 6 weeks to 2 months.

Dudes lucky to be walking. >

Exactly right. I am not a Holmes fan at all (quite the opposite) but this was a horrible injury.

#35 Rex Must Go, Aug 19, 2013
  16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I hope Holmes can get back on the field ASAP and that he has no slow-down. He has been an ass at times in the past, but he is a Jet and we need him. I'm not going to run out and buy his jersey, but I want him to succeed.

I can understand flipping the ball away on the fumble - anyone who blames him for that needs to have their foot shredded at their place of work. If it happened to me at work and I was holding a coffee cup, that shit would go flying, even if it landed on a brand new TPS report. I think most of my workers would understand.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

co-signed

good post.

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea but fumbling that coffee cup wouldn't give your company a loss.

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He sucks. You guys should keep rooting for him though :up:

I'll be glad when his nonsense is gone next season. And I won't be surprised when nobody signs him or he gets a veteran peanuts deal.

In his 3 years with us he had one, 100yd game. Awesome, pay this man like a #1, so we can fuck a real player over in #24; and name this man Captain of the NY Jets.

20. Footballgod214

Barc....you're delusional. HE TORE HIS FRICKEN FOOT IN HALF!

You act like his name is Abraham and he sat out a playoff game to avoid injury in a contract year!!!!

Yes. He is 'self centered, me me me', but ALL the great ones are.

Apparently you weren't a fan when Keyshawn was wearing green and tearing up the NFL or Randy Moss was setting the NFL TD receiving record. Not every star can be named Curtis Martin.

Personally I don't mind a bit of "I'm better than you, you, and you over there" swagger from my super star players.