Dustin Keller Injured

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 34miami23, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That could be his career..not just this year.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Keller seemed like a really likeable guy. He never complained or talked shit, just wanted to win and seemed to always leave it all on the field. I'm not saying he was some great TE, but I liked him as a Jet and feel bad for him.

3. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 11m
    RT @AdamSchefter Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and dislocated his knee. #nyj

damn

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I also read that the Dolphins think he may have nerve damage also.

5. Banjo

Banjo Banned

Golly. Forget about playing. I hope Keller will be able to walk right and run again

6. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Damn. I hate to see things like that, no matter who the player might be.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was pissed at him for leaving the Jets for the Dolphins, but I never wanted to see him get injured. That really sucks.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

That's really a shame. Shredded his knee, 3 of 4 ligaments torn. He may never be able to to run again. With good rehab and hard work hopefully we'll see him on the field again.

9. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

his career is over after that

he was a terrible player but never wanna see a guy go out like that

10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

His career is probably over...

11. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Its a shame. He showed a lot of promise catching the football and taking it upfield for big plays. I was also sad he left us in favor of taking the big fish payday, but I cant blame him for that.

Get well soon.

12. dannymac910

dannymac910 Member

Screw em. Dude's been over since 2010.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

you're a douche

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That really sucks. Every time I get worked up about some self-entitled athlete acting like the world revolves around him I have to remember there are a hundred guys for each of the jerks who would give anything for just one more year on the field and they're not going to get it.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yeah...if he comes back next year, he should automatically win CPOY. That's just a scary injury

16. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

That is a real shame. I always respected him as a player. If he only had more consistent quaterback play he could have been special. But probably career is over

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have a serious problem with the bolded. hitting a guy who is not looking at you in the knees is a complete and total cunt move, it was always dealt with in the locker room and on the field in the past. if a guy hit someone in the knee and knocked them out they really felt terribly about it.

i can remember freeman mcneil i believe going low on a blitzing lb from the colts years ago and even though it was a legal block he was beside himself about injuring a guy by taking out his knee.

it was viewed as cheap and cuntish.

now this fucking tool says well its because i dont want to get a fine? fuck you bro, thats a cunt move.

but on the other hand this is what you get when you institute complete bullshit rules on the game.

Miami Dolphins tight end Dustin Keller will miss the entire 2013 season due to a serious right knee injury he suffered Saturday night against the Houston Texans, a source confirmed to ESPN.

The news was earlier reported by FoxSports.com.

Dustin Keller, who signed a one-year contract with the Dolphins this offseason, will miss the entire 2013 season after injuring his right knee Saturday.
    Keller tore his ACL, MCL and PCL and also dislocated his knee, a source familiar with the injury told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Dolphins haven't provided any official word on Keller's injury.

Keller's leg bent unnaturally when he was tackled on the right knee by D.J. Swearinger on an incomplete pass Saturday night. He immediately grabbed his right knee and was soon carted off the field.

"With the rules in this era you've got to hit low," Swearinger told ESPN.com's Tania Ganguli after Saturday night's game against the Dolphins. "If I would have hit him high, I would have gotten a fine. So I think I made the smartest play. I'm sorry it happened and I pray he has a speedy recovery. ... Right now it's just instinct. You see somebody come across the middle, you gotta go low. You're going to cost your team 15 yards. You've got to play within the rules."

The rookie safety said he knew he had to change his playing style after being penalized for high hits in college.

"My senior year I had like three helmet-to-helmet [penalties]," Swearinger told ESPN.com. "I knew I had to change my style of play and start targeting low."

Swearinger also tweeted get-well wishes to Keller, although he identified him incorrectly as "Justin."

Walker: Next Up For Dolphins?
    ESPN.com's James Walker looks at the candidates to start at tight end with Dustin Keller now out for the season. Blog

Keller spent his first five seasons with the New York Jets before signing a $4.25 million, one-year contract with the Dolphins in the offseason in hopes of proving that he's deserving of a long-term extension. He has 17 career touchdown receptions, but he played in only eight games in 2012 because of hamstring and ankle injuries.

He had one reception for 14 yards on Saturday.

His injury represents a significant setback for the Dolphins, who signed Keller to replace tight end Anthony Fasano and help second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Keller and Tannehill had clicked in training camp and connected on a 22-yard touchdown pass in the second exhibition game.

Rookie Dion Sims, Michael Egnew, Charles Clay and Kyle Miller are among tight ends on the Dolphins' roster that will now compete to help try to fill the void left by Keller's injury.

Clay took to Twitter to wish Keller a quick recovery.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Holy shit. I was hoping he'd suck this season, but I had high hopes for him when he was drafted and he played above my expectations in 2008.

This is a terrible injury. Sounds like it could end his career. That sucks. Really sucks.

And anyone trying to make light of this can go ahead and shut the fuck up.

#38 abyzmul, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

For anybody saying DK is injury prone so they figure something like this would happen...I'm pretty certain this particular type of injury would sideline ANYBODY.

Career-ending injuries are something u never poke fun at.

Didn't really care he signed with the Dolphins but he'll always be a Jet to me. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ouch that must be so painful...Keller should have taken the bigger deal in this league, who does he think he is? Wes Welker? A young guy who hasnt been healthy enough takes a gamble and now probably wont be the same again.