Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Handcuffing Sanchez is just delaying the inevitable (see Alex Smith; Harbaugh).

Quarterbacks make mistakes and throw interceptions. Hell just looking at Broncos-Seahawks now...RB fumbles ball in endzone which is recovered by Hawks. Peyton looks absolutely furious. THAT'S what I want to see instead of Sanchez moping around and playing scared

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

While the giants do have an iffy secondary it's still better last year than the jags, which is all we have to base it on currently. But are a couple of big differences.

Giants defense was #3 in interceptions, the Jags were #32.
    The Giants were #22 in sacks, the Jags were #32.

So yes, the Giants were susceptible to the pass, but not nearly by the same degree as the Jags. The only thing the Jags allowed fewer of were TD's, which is good of course, well sort of anyways. More of a matter of the other team having a good lead and running the ball down the Jags throats to finish the game.

But here's the thing, Sanchez is a 5 year Vet, Geno is a rookie. Even if the two defenses were truly equally as bad if Geno does as good or better than Sanchez what would that say?

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

We don't have anyone better.

The problem with putting Geno out to start as a rookie, is you are going to turn him into Sanchez part deux. I'd rather deal with Sanchez under center this season than see Geno thrown to the wolves and be another casualty of FO mismanagement.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So what you're saying is that you want to see the Jets hamstrung by Sanchez all season, drafting in the top 10 again and probably taking a QB because if Geno Smith couldn't get by Mark Sanchez the Jets cannot pass up a prime QB next year if one is available on their pick?

That's what you are signing up for?

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Putting Smith out there won't make him Sanchez part 2

The Jets are under a new regime stop with the baseless comparison

Every QB we start from day 1 won't make them Sanchez reincarne

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster New Member

38 points?

If we had a real QB ..then maybe we score 60 points tonight.

Am I asking for too much?

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

As to the bolded: We don't know that. None of us has any idea how good Smith is or will be. We are all just guessing here. However, we all (well, the vast majority of us, anyway) realize that Sanchez is not the answer. He sucks. I'm tired of watching him play. I'm tired of watching that stupid, almost queasy, look he gets after throwing one of his moronic interceptions. I'm just tired of him. I don't want to look at him anymore.

I understand the argument that you are making regarding not "ruining" Smith by putting him out there before he is ready. However, personally, I've never bought the idea that teams ruin quarterbacks by rushing them along. I think good quarterbacks have "it" and bad ones don't. Historically, most rookie quarterbacks sat for several years before they were anointed as starters. You had your good ones and your bad ones. Nowadays, it has become quite popular to throw your promising young gun right into the fire. And guess what? You have your good quarterbacks and your bad quarterbacks. Nothing has really changed. If Smith were afforded the opportunity to play, I don't think it would hurt him . . . I just think it would change the timeline for when we discover whether he has "it" or not.

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

This competition has been pure bullshit

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

We will see if thats true with who they start vs the Giants. Sanchez has not cemented anything in stone yet so if they are serious about this being a fair competition, then they start Geno and play him for at least a half. Then Sanchez can play the rest of the game. If Sanchez starts, they clearly ended this so called "competition" based solely on the fact that Sanchez is the incumbent and they have no time.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Lots of rookies start nowadays and don't turn into Mark Sanchez.

11. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Geno deserves 3 quarters with the 1s

Mark has had 3 no interruptions, they let him sling it and play attacking football

Give Geno the same, hit the film, get into the classroom and make the decision

Play the 1s for a quarter week 4 and prepare for TB

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

No comparison, Sanchez when he entered the draft went against recommendations from his coaches and others saying he needed more experience. He came in to the league with just 1 year starting. Geno had more attempts in each of his last two seasons than Sanchez had in his entire college career. Geno had a track record of getting better each season, with Sanchez he was an unknown who had one season starting but, and this is big, had shown a penchant for throwing big interceptions, especially in his Sophomore year.

So that comparison is out the window. In today's pass happy NFL where all the rules encourage a high octane passing game Mark has floundered with bad decisions and bad reads. The same thing we've seen for his 4 years in the league, the 11 on 11's this preseason and in both pre-season games. In what, just over 5 Quarters of Football he's thrown 2 TD's, 2 interceptions, and been only marginally effective against the other teams first unit starters (It's important to remember against the Lions his redeeming drive came with many of the Lions 1st team no longer on the field.)

Even if you go back to sanchez's 32 touch down season you find that 80% of his touchdowns, and all but I think 1 of his redzone touchdowns in that season, came against teams ranked #20 or worse in passing defense in terms of points allowed. And even then he just had a 1.23 TD/turn over ratio. His Best season that supporters crow about was barely NFL average, if that.

I'm not rooting for Sanchez to fail if he starts, but I have very low expectations of him.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think if Geno has a strong week of practice, he should get the nod. We have seen what Sanchez has to offer.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

They can't cut him. They will take a $17m cap hit and be unable to field a team. This should be common knowledge to our fan base by now.

Let's see what Geno can do.

15. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I think they gave Mark Sanchez 3 quarters this preseason game because they want to give Geno the 1s next week... we'll see.

They have been babying Mark Sanchez while being more critical with Geno Smith. I don't know about you guys but I rather be criticized... It shows they care about you and you're development.

In Rex's press conference, he blamed Mark not knowing the clock before half on himself...WTF...

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

This is correct.

Rex is in self preservation mode.

He couldn't care less about the long term goals of the Jets.

He is in short term mode and that will make Sanchez the starter to get the most wins (meaningless) now...

Rex is coaching for a contract and can't experiment with Geno...Geno playing now is best for the franchise long term...

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Actually they can cut him if they would like. Cutting him would mean an extra 4.5 million salary cap hit this year with the remaining 4.5 million pushed to next year rather than 9 million next year if he stays on the team and is cut in 2014.

I believe the Jets have 11 million in cap room this year so they will have no problem cutting him if that is what they want to do.

If Geno wins the job it is certainly a possibility. The advantage to cutting him as it will allow McElroy to actually get much needed practice reps during the season rather than Sanchez. But they could also achieve the same result by making Sanchez third string. Which may happen eventually whenever Geno takes the job as at that point there is little point in letting Sanchez take practice reps from a QB that is more likely to be on the roster in 2014. Cutting him also gets him off the team if his presence as a non starter would be deemed a problem. Given his passive aggressive comments towards Geno and his implying that the QB competition would be rigged in Geno's favor prior to camp they might just want to get him out of the building if he is not going to start.

#14697 Noam, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^I'm unsure of that; if they could do that, that changes my stance. I don't think he's a bad teammate though, and he could just ride the pine without any problems. He might as well get used to it lol.

19. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Was at the game with some football newbs and explained they final play of the first half before it happened. "They can run a play here, but he's got to throw it quick to leave 1-2 seconds on the clock...." And then.....Sanchez gonna Sanchez.

He's been saying "I have to be better there..." when he makes another rookie mistake each week. Unreal how you blow a play that simple, 5 years into the league. Unreal.

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I stepped in some dog shit when I got out of my car today. That dog shit could play football better then Muck Sanchez. He is worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.