What would it take to restore your faith in Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, Aug 15, 2013.

?

Would something similar to this make you want to keep Sanchez?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. No

21.3%
  1. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Hypothetically, let's say this kid goes for over 4000 yards passing, 32 tds, 12 picks, and 2 fumbles (or something similiar to that), would you be alright with keeping him as the starter in 2014? As it stands right now, I feel no matter what he does it will be really hard to erase the memory of that 2012 season (especially that Titans game, at least for me). I would be alright with bringing him back again and using that top pick for some weapons. Hopefully Marty can fix him.

#1 DMarsh6, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Yes that Titans game last year was a killer for a lot of fans.I think if he does well and thrives under MM with a productive season,I would be all for keeping him.We really never did get to see him with a legit OC.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You cant restore faith when there was never faith. Sanchez has been hated since the moment he was drafted.

4. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

As much as I dislike Sanchez right now, it's easy to forget this. I mean Schotty was just beyond brutal at times (I'll never forget calling a slant at the half yard line vs Pitt in that AFCCG) and Sporano showed that it was possible to be more inept as a playcaller than Schotty. Boggles my mind it took em this long to get a veteran proven play caller.

5. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Ill take those numbers all day. I believe Sanchez will be the starter this year and will have his best season yet and Marty is the main reason behind my belief. Proven coordinator that will let him sling it around.

Health at the skilled positions will also play a key role. If we have a dismantled recieving corps like last year then my belief goes to shit. We can have new free agents signing a week before a game and have them playing significant time. I don't want to keep defending Sanchez but it makes it really hard when your #1 reciever goes down and then your #2 is a rookie who was also injured. Kerley was the only consistent target. I also believe Cumberland is going to step up this season and I'm hoping Winslow can give us something.

Schedule is looking really rough and I can see us being a 4-12 team by looking at opponents. I think we will be better then that but it is definitely realalistic

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Schottys history says enough, Pennington, Favre, Brees, Rivers all had some of there best years the season after Schotty left em.

Schottys going to ruin Tavon Austins career. As much as I despise Holmes, Schotty never utilized him correctly, I feel bad for Tavon TBH.

7. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

We had the worst QB in the league last year and still managed to win 6 games with a highly injury plagued O. If Hill and Sanchez both manage to step up (HUGE ifs), then I don't see how this team can't win 10 games.

8. Score points to win games.

Sanchez is turnover prone.It is what it is.

Luckily we have a defense capable of offsetting that notion.

But you can't consistently win turning the ball over if you aren't scoring points.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I want him to reduce critical mistakes that cause us the game by a bunch. If he reduces his turn overs by 60% and improve his screen passing he can be more than adequate.

10. max

max Active Member

2011 Alex smith numbers, a playoff win we can say he won (3 tds, high completion %, no turnovers and a game winning drive) and a mustache.

#10 max, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  11. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

It's hard to believe Schotty still has a job as an OC (and pretty respected around the league too) when you see what the QBs do after they get a different coordinator.

12. lightning

lightning Active Member

well with those numbers he'd be heavily in the running for league mvp so I think its safe to say that we'd all be back on the nacho banana boat

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Jets would be a powerhouse if Sanchez played like that.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Pretty much.

I still have some faith left in him - just help us win and nothing else will matter.

15. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

Just a good year.

Completing more passes
    Less than 2:1 TD / INT ratio

And finally

NO STUPID MISTAKES

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If this is what it takes for Idzik to get 2 first round pics for him then so be it.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Even if the past two OC's were horrid (which I agree with for sure), the fact that Sanchez has a turnover problem doesn't fall on them. He throws INT's in the most obscure and unbelievable places, and he fumbles quite often as well.

Say he throws for 30 touchdowns this season, what good is that if he neglects it with his fumbles and interceptions?

18. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

Most people were all in after the second AFC champ game.

It's been a two year bridge burning

19. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

Honestly if he had that season and we were able to get a first for him and Geno was able to step in that would be ideal IMO but the way you worded it gave me a good laugh lol

20. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

This is something that is a must. Does anyone remember the first pick of last year vs the Bills? That was mind numbing.