Mangini Vs. Belichick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsfan119, Sep 14, 2006.

1. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Wow, never realized how much of a crybaby Belichick is! If he was the one making all the plays and Mangini had nothing to do with his success why was he so against him coming to the NYJ? Just because he doesnt like Woody. I hate Belichick, he seems like a little snot. Screw him and his rings, his time will come and im guessing its this weekend when the Jets rip him and his baby boys a new hole. Lets go Mangini, Sunday is time for you to make a statement and when you dont have to act like the bigger person and say the right things, if we win, dont even greet the ***hole at the 50 Yardline.

LETS GO JETS! :jets:

2. Chadwick747

Chadwick747 New Member

Didn't know about the changing of the locks at Foxboro and the withholding of some of Mangini's stuff. That's low class.

3. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

waaaah! Our coach wasn't allowed back in after he became the coach of a rival team, waaah!

Get over it. This is a billion dollar league, not the local Y. :lol:

#3 Dirtywater, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Holy cow, it is amazing what amounts to a story these days. I couldn't give a shit about the relationship between Mangini & Belicheck.. With a huge AFC east battle coming up, this is the best they could come up with??

5. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

THANK YOU!!! I agree 100%.

6. themantda

themantda New Member

I Love Seeing New England Sports On The Downfall!!!!!

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

My sentiments exactly. The media is making way too big a deal over nothing.

8. Attackett

Wait so I'm not the only one who doesn't care that they haven't talked on the phone for awhile?? Cool..:grin:

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

they need drama, storylines, soap opera characters and plots. why? i don't know. i guess it sells better to people who care less about the actual sport.

i have to admit though, Belichick comes off as a sore sport. nonetheless, who cares?

10. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

Irrelevent to Sunday's game but a good read nonetheless. Sounds like more of a high school girlfriend/boyfriend relationship more than it does a relationship between two professionals. Just let Belichick keep the box of teddy bears and love notes and focus on Sunday's game.

11. Attackett

Sure he does but can you really blame him.. this is a guy that he has been grooming for the last 12 or so years to become the next great HC. Then Mangini takes all that knowledge & wisdom he learned from BB over the years and becomes the HC of his biggest rival. It is only natural that there will be some animosity between the two. If they are really as good friends as it has been made out to be than in time it will pass over with time. I just find it hard to fathom that with the game this weekend, this writer doesn't have a more important story.

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

The fact of the matter is that the media is dealing with two coaches who completely avoid the media and comes to a point where they avoid their players as well. Since they can't get any info from the coaches or the team why not dig out the past. The media should go stick it up their asses because 90% of what you read is complete nonsense! I bet you Bill and Eric are amused about this to be totally honest with you.

13. Denny

Denny Active Member

In time this could be part of a great story. If Mangini were to achieve greatness in New York like B.B. this rivalry would become greater, dare I say, Jets and Miami. (I will always hate the Dolphins by the way) How many teams when talking about matchups do you include the coach's names as if the players were merely pieces on a game board and it was more about the scheme and tactics of the coach. Like a chess match. Not many. B.P. vs Gibbs/ Chuck Knoll vs Landry/ maybe a few others.

In this game I am very intrigued by how both will try to outcoach eachother. Mangini has yet to create a reputation like the aforementioned but has been prematurely placed as such because of the coaching lineage he is from. He's like a 1st round draft pick who hasn't played a down but is touted as such because of past performances in lower levels of play among his peers and his work ethic.

Him getting locked out of the office symbolizes being banished from his tribe. Maybe B.B. felt betrayed. Maybe Mangini was to be his successor? Who knows, but it's great to speculate. The article does try and stretch what little info there is but you have to feel that there is a tension there.

B.B. wants this game bad and so does Mangini. It will be personal.

#13 Denny, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  14. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I'm not defending the media. But not everyone follows the Jets or Pats like we do. The casual fan probably doesn't know this story, and isn't as much interested in who the inactives will be or whether the Jets will open up in 3-4 vs. 4-3.

That being said, I can't really say Belichick isn't justified in locking Mangini out. I know that you're not getting past our guard desk if you don't work for the company. It could even be viewed as a compliment to Mangini, in that Belichick has enough respect for the guy's ability that he doesn't want him taking information that could be leveraged by Mangini to beat the Pats.

Belichick could have given Herm the Pats playbook and still kicked the Jets' ass.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I think BB just wants to fantasize about the half eaten Mallow Cup on Mangini's desk when he left.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Do jets fans post on patriots boards? Just curious.

17. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

If Belichik is upset because Mangini left him and the Patriots…maybe he should look in the mirror and remember how he ran off on Parcells and the Jets for the Patriots. What goes around comes around.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

How very true............the day he did that, I was totally shocked, and he sounded like he was ready for the padded cell at Bellview.

19. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

might be a billion dollar league but there is still a thing called professional courtesy. You still extend your respect to fellow coaches and players because at the end of the day you all belong to a greater entity: the NFL. This is why teams don't root for injuries or career ending injuries...with the exception of maybe that lunatic BB. What a fucking creep and wierdo. I would hate to have to play under someone who is so bitter and paranoid that they have to LOCK out a D-Coordinator just because he took another job.

hell I would hate to have to root for him too.

20. Sean_in_titletown

All of these sub plots and side stories are going to seem so ridiculous on Monday morning after Belichick and Brady take the Jets out behind the woodshed and remind them that they have a long way to go. Let's not forget that the Jets just beat the Titans, a team without a single playmaker on either side of the ball.... At least Buffalo can say they have guys like MacGahee and Schoebel, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Terence McGee returning kicks.