NFL Pre-season Pass

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJalltheway, Aug 8, 2013.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This is mainly for the out of state fans such as myself. I came across this little deal on nfl.com last night, and have been seriously considering it.

For $20, you can watch all the pre-season games in HD, whenever you want. In addition to that, there will be the pre-season games from prior years, screen in screen options, and 30 minute condensed games. That last one is great for me, because I'd like to see the other teams too, but not for 3 hours.

So I did a little research, and came across a $5 discount just by typing in the promo code directv. So really it's $15 to watch all the pre-season you want, whenever you want. For me stuck in WI, I'm 90% on board doing this, and I just want to share the option with other Jet fans.

#1 NYJalltheway, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

3. NYJalltheway

There is a thread on that actually, and I even posted about that deal back in June. (separate thread yet again)

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I wonder if I can use this streaming from my laptop to a Chromecast on my TV. That would totally make it worthwhile.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I got Sunday Ticket for $75 this year and also got another $10 off my monthly bill for the next six months just by calling and threatening to cancel. It's not hard.

So, basically, I got the Ticket for $15. Next year I'm going to see if I can figure out how I can get them to pay me to get it.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

HAHA! Awesome!! :beer:

7. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

THANK YOU!!! I ordered Madden and now I dont have to have a cheap stream off an online site!

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

they charge so much for the ticket, so the preseason games should be included at no extra charge.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I was just trying to figure out how I'm watching tomorrows game. I'm away on business and only have my iPad with me. Thanks for posting this dude, made my night.

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I hear Shonne Greene is running wild against the Redskins.

11. NYJalltheway

Np, glad to help :) Also, happy to help the other guy with the amazon thing. Nobody seemed to notice when I posted it in June, probably cuz it was in the video game forum.

12. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

This really is a great deal.. I bought this a few days ago.. Have it running on a Macbook Pro which is connected via HDMI to my LED TV... Quality is great... Just did a test with the Redskin vs Titans game. Can't wait till tomorrow.. Even if you can't hook it up to a TV, I would deff buy this package.. It is worth it!

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Does anyone know if the madden deal allows you to watch replays of games? I don't have Directv, so I will just be using the tablet/laptop streaming option

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Prolly not. I got NFL Replay last year for about $40. It has all the game since 2009. Its great quality but I wasnt able to use it much because my laptop crashed and only had a tablet.

15. NYJalltheway

Thanks, glad to hear it's a nice package. :) I'll be checking out all the games from tonight in a little bit. I hope the 30 minute games are as awesome as they sound. I just would like to hear some of the commentary, which is the only downside.

It doesn't allow you to. You can stream any game, and check out redzone channel, but the quality is not always the greatest. Maybe it depends on the internet speed, but it's not some perfect fantasy by any means. I wasn't going to buy it this year for once, but the amazon deal suckered me in. It was a no brainer.

#15 NYJalltheway, Aug 9, 2013
  16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You can watch Rewind on your tablet, no?

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Thank you again. Looks like I'm going to pair the Madden deal with NFL Rewind: favorite team since I do work most Sundays unfortunately. So ill be able to
    Watch games live with the Madden deal and then watch replays for
    The games where I work for $129.98 plus I get a copy of Madden, which I would have bought anyway. Good deal in my book :)

18. jetsforlife

jetsforlife New Member

Does anyone know how long they take to get up the 30 minute replays after the games end?

19. NYJalltheway

Isn't it though? I spent a solid hour, maybe 2 just reading all the fine print, because I thought it couldn't really be true, or they would some how weasel their way out of it. As long as you live in the US, and say you can't get DirecTV in your household, you can get the ticket. Other people in past years have posted a link for it, which has been I believe $350, and I think $250 last year. It's a burden for the low-middle class people, but if you're a die-hard like myself, you do it anyway. Well this year I was just going to deal with it (a saying I made a popular catchphrase of in my workplace long before that loser Howie Mandel), but then back in June I discovered that epic deal on Amazon.

So I posted about it in the Madden 25 thread, and all I got was crickets. Then Sox posted a thread about it about a week ago roughly, and it got a few replies, but not much notice once I chimed in with the citation to the Madden 25 thread. Now in this thread, here is Sox yet again trying to steal my thunder so to speak. :lol: It sounds stupid I understand this (and there are no hard feelings with the guy, and can already envision a Byz smart-ass, yet likely brilliant reply), but it sucks when something awesome you find goes completely unnoticed/unappreciated (for 2 months at that). Anyway, sorry, /rant. I'm very glad to have helped out a fellow fan. :beer: A simple thank you is all I wanted haha, mission accomplished.

#19 NYJalltheway, Aug 9, 2013
  20. NYJalltheway

I was hoping they would be up already, but I guess not...
    That's kind of annoying because I was really looking forward to watching those tonight.