Brandon Moore Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 7, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Both Moore and Woody retired shortly after leaving the team. They didn't have much if anything left in the tank.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

clearly one of the few A grades on bradways report card.

3. He's gotta be among the best guards in Jets history when considering time w/ the franchise.

His play really fell off though. He was not very good last year & showed his age. Retiring was likely the right call.

4. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

This all reminds me, anyone hear anything about William Campbell? It'd be really nice to have a guy follow in Moore's path.

5. I mentioned in the OL position battle thread a tidbit about Campbell from the scrimmage.

He's very rough around the edges w/ his technique. Needs to work on pad level & squaring his shoulders out of his stance.

That said he displayed very fluid movement, strength at the point of attack his size goes w/o saying. Give him a year on the practice squad & he maybe able to compete at a near starter's level.

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Thank you Brandon Moore.

[​IMG]

@ Byz - Glad you took my advice. I opened the thread and started cracking up immediately!

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I loved Brandon Moore. He was a starter for us at RG for NINE years! That's quite an accomplishment and rarely did we ever complain about him.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Moore was a solid player for a long time. I'll be very interested if he does a book on the NFL trenches. Find a good ghost writer and let it all hang out. Very few linemen in history have had the experience of playing alongside two guys as good as Kevin Mawae and Nick Mangold.

Edit: and no chapter about the Butt Fumble. That one was on Mark Sanchez not Brandon Moore. Write the book about playing guard in the NFL not about something that didn't really involve you.

9. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

Faneca - Mangold - Moore

That was a near perfect interior offensive line.

10. Section316

Section316 Active Member

I initially read Faneca as Francessa, and you know what, you would still be right.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Francesa would be the perfect left guard. If a DT got past the fat man, they would still have to climb over a mountain of empty soda bottles and half-eaten donuts to get to the QB.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Moore retired today or yesterday - almost signed with Dallas.

Same with Woody - maybe it was my impression. Woody didn't seem like he wanted to call it quits. It was more or less the franchise forcing him to leave. [I am sure there is a reference to that somewhere in this board.]

And the point wasn't about them staying - rather, it was clear that the team had three aging OL members back in 2009, and instead of restocking the OL depth, Tannenbaum traded the picks away. Once Ducasse fails, that will show the whole picture.

Of course, and there is this salary cap structure that you cannot ignore either. I don't see that many 10M OL in this league, but I find two along Jets OL. [Usually there is one per franchise, if that many.]

#32 Zach, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Moore did see a lot. The Pennington Years, Brett Favre, Young Sanchez, Mawae, Mangold, etc. I would read that book.

14. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

He was the best kind of O-lineman - the one noone talks about. He made us feel good about our RG position for 9 years, great accomplishment.

Glad he got his appeciation around the League, when he made that probowl.

#34 German Jets Fan, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'm positive Moore played RG. LG was manned by Slauson till last season, and Faneca before.

16. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I've always been a fan of B Moore from his time in NFL Europe where he was allocated by the Jets in 2003, in their hope that the playing time over her would help him get his technique together in making the switch from DT to OG. In my opinion that created a good base for him and was clearly linked to his making the PS for the Jets in 2003 before getting to the roster in the 2004 season when he got starts late in that season.

Very solid player who was always good in run blocking and after some shakiness his pass protection came on. I can remember there being quite a bit of doubt on this board about his ability when Faneca came given the O-line was essentially first round picks other than him.

You heard his name called very little in games - always a good sign and he was very durable. He had worn down and the hip injury requiring surgery in 2011 in my view was the beginning of the end

It saddens me that the "buttfumble" came instantly to the media hacks when his retirement was announced and is a cheap way of recalling a great career as a Jet - his only team. Thanks for your play through the years and all the best for your future

17. andi15ro

andi15ro New Member

One of the best modern era Jets!

18. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Sorry, my Bad.

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Moore was a great Jet, and played at a high level (often underappreciated) through several eras of the Jets.

On a side note, i'd rather him for depth this season than Peterman, who i'm not yet sold on. He could mentor Campbell for sure, and even Winters.
    Either way he should retire a Jet, even if ceremoniously.

20. murksauce

murksauce Member

Thank you brandon Moore for your wonderful services to the NY Jets organization. Your play has made us all proud!