ESPN: Ex-Jet Schilens takes shot at Jets, Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

You're wrong

The media blamed Mark but within the organization we got rid of the OC, GM and kept Sanchez

Not once did the organization put pressure on Mark and even now he's got Rex in his pocket who's got Woody in his pocket

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Schilens sucks. Nobody cares about what this bitter douche has to say.

3. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

"Nothing good to say," Schilens said, "so I'm not going to say nothing."

So if he's not going to say nothing, what did he say?

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Schillens blows but at least he had the nuts to put his name on it.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd x 2

That avy was a request by me since piggy & smiley face piggy was a remnant of an old posters GF (search bullshit threads).

6. fozzi58

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Definitely Sanchez' fault.

/sarcasm

7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

This is nothing we don't know. Sanchez was the player that was holding back the team.

It was never Sanchez's fault... always only the OC's' or the WR's'.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy whiny cunts..... guys come with unnamed sources and the cunts whine, guys come with names and the cunts cry.

i take it this way, he has nothing to hide, he is probably correct and the fact that half of you were talking about how big and fast he was last year doesnt matter. nor does it matter that he ended up not being very good. just like he wasnt very good in oakland and probably wont be very good in detroit.

but last year everyone was all oh boy this guy has the measurables and now he sucks, is an asshole or your answer is who, if you dont know who he is you probably shouldnt be involved in typing on a jets message board and should spend the year reading and watching the games.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Dumb comments by a mostly irrelevant player, but at least he put his name on it.

And isn't that what we want from the reporters, to put people's names on it?

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The comments aren't dumb they're true

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The weird thing is I distinctly remember Schilens publicly defending Sanchez after the Miami loss, criticizing fans who boo'd him. I'm quite sure, but much too lazy to dig it up because ultimately Chaz Schilens' take on anything isn't worth the steam off our piss.... He is a Raiderjeaux prospect.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Pot meet Kettle.

13. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Schilens is telling the truth.

Rex just can't let his love for Sancho go.

14. Swedish Ale

Swedish Ale Member

No hard feelings - but just lol... for posting clips of two abnormalities and thinking you're showing something common.

If you think about it, I think you too realize what a massive sample size could be put together of Mark simply throwing inaccurate, in the end turning into dangerous throws, because the receiver still wants to make the play.

• How many times have we've seen Mark force the receiver to simply stop and over-extend, just to even swat the ball down to save the team from yet another Int?
    • Or how many times have we've seen Mark overthrow his target?
    • Or how many times have we've seen Mark miss a simple screen pass to a guy 5 yards away from him?
    Mark simply lacks consistent accuracy in basically all the throws except for the quick slant.

Schilenz sucking or not, my initial reaction when reading the comment was: sounds about right, from what we've heard before.

15. fozzi58

Agreed. The sampling size against Mark is much larger. But to blame a broken foot on a receiver because of an errant pass is just ridiculous. To say Sanchez can't throw a good ball at all is bullshit. Its hate - pure and simple.

You want to get the samples of his errant throws together, that great, but let me see what happened to the oline also.

When brady is in the pocket there's like a 10 foot radius around him and he's stood in there for 10 seconds and hardly has to scramble. Leaf could throw a good ball if he had Brady's pocket consistently. Sanchez didn't have the coinsistency. More times than not I remember him scrambling that sitting in a protected pocket. And while the OLine was very good in 09 + 10, they were more suited to the running game over the passing game (see Slaw, Woody, WF Hunter).

So if we are going to do an apples to oranges comparison, bring everything to the table.

We hung out hats on Chaz because we were desparate for someone to step up - or at least that's how I felt. But, Chaz still was bad for the Raiders, bad playing for us, and won't be any good for Detroit either.

16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^just post a clip of the AFC championship game against Pitt or @ Balt the following season AKA "The death of Sanchez". Wayne "The open door" Hunter was the worst.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The jet OL may not have been as good in 11 as in 09 and 10 but it was still one of the best in the league. The Jet OL gave up the 5th least QB hits and 12th least pressures in 2011. Unfortunately the line was undermined by Sanchez who took sacks at an alarming rate of 24% of the time he was pressured. Sanchez graded out by PFF as the worst of 39 QBs graded in 11 when under pressure. in 12 the Jets had the 4th ranked OL, 10th best running game again Sanchez took very few hits. In his 4 years he has been one of the least hit QBs in the league. The reason is he gives up on plays and would rather lie down then take a hit. Even rarer than a Sanchez pass that hits a receivers hands is Sanchez taking a hit in the pocket when throwing the ball. He won't do it as like Terrel Suggs said at the start of 2011 that Sanchez is "soft" and gives up on plays. Hit him once and he is done. Watch real NFL QBs like Stafford tonight who are willing to sacrifice their bodies for the team. This is something Sanchez is almost never willing to do. Although in all fairness there was a moment of progress last year for Sanchez. Briefly in the Pitt game and the 1st Miami game where he actually showed some toughness for essentially the 1st time in his career. But he quickly stopped that and went back to his old ways of panicking under pressure and running blindly in the pocket with his head down with no idea where he was going. I have said it before and I will say it again most of Sanchez's problems from accuracy to arm strength to making mistakes is because he plays scared all the time. If he could conquer that fear and learn to step up in the pocket (which he started to do for parts of a few games early last year) he could improve dramatically as a QB and possibly become become a top 25-35 QB.

The one big difference between 09-10 and 11-12 is Sanchez the last two years had to play in conditions more like that a normal QB has to play in. In his first two years his exposure to a pass rush was limited because when he was exposed to a rush he made mistakes and he had to be essentially "wrist banded." In passing situation we either ran the ball or had Sanckchez do a quick three step drop so he would not turn the ball over. Never has a QB had it easier than those 1st two years. Defenses dared him to throw knowing he could not hurt them. He routinely passed against 8 and 9 fronts designed to stop the run. He only threw in situations where defenses did not expect him to pass. It was basically touch football for him. What was shocking was how bad his stats were those two years when he was throwing in the most ideal situations a QB could pass in. Any bad QB playing in those conditions should have had 70%+ completion percentage.

Like many of us predicted on these boards in 2010 when Sanchez would have to play QB in conditions similar to what most NFL QBS play in he would self destruct. In 11-12 he has actually improved over his 1st two years but that is not saying much. Although the level of excuses for Sanchez has improved even more.

#57 Noam, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Schillens is a dbag. Like seriously, he has NOTHING good to say about Mark? Nothing? Not even a good teammate or a hard worker?

You don't have to like him as a player but to say he has nothing good to say is the sign of a bitter asshole.

19. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

This post is fantastic and spot on.

20. Explain to me how this isn't 100% self serving.

In 2009/2010 his accomplishments are diluted b/c of his surrounding cast Yet in 2011 & 2012 the blame falls on him despite a deteriorated surrounding class? How does that make sense?

2011 I will grant you was likely the most "normal" year personnel wise.But let's also remember Mark made a lot of plays that year. Look at the stats. I know you guys love to highlight the lousy numbers. Look at all the TDS he accounted for in 2011. The turnovers were lousy but otherwise he had a good year.

How was 2012 a "Normal qb year?" Do most QBs get stuck working w/ UDFA level talent w/ a couple week's worth of classroom time playing in a scheme requiring players to "beat their man" free of any smoke & mirrors? Maybe at one position for 1 week. But the amount of roster turnover at multiple positions resulting in lack of talent as well as lack of familiarity is excessive. How is that normal qb stuff? Why does this get overlooked?