Predict the Jets wins and losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Jul 30, 2013.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this assessment. My expected best case is 9-7
    Small chance if they play lights out it could be 10-6 by beating the Ravens
    Larger downside is probably 8-8 by loosing to Buffalo away or 7-9 by also loosing to the Pats twice

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I start whoever wins the competition, if Geno shows he can handle it I think we'll be moving on to him. Either way if the run game is vastly improved we'll get much better QB play from either one.

I am expecting 5-6 wins or so, if things break right we could be a playoff contender.

3. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

At best, we go 10-6. Worst 7-9.

Min 6 losses: Pats at home (they blow us out second game), Saints, Falcons (LOL we're not winning that one), Ravens, Miami, Bengals

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Vs The Bucs - W
    At The Patriots - L
    Vs The Bills - W
    At The Titans - W
    At The Falcons - W
    Vs The Steelers - W
    Vs The Patriots - W
    At The Bengals - L
    Vs The Saints - L
    At The Bills - W
    At The Ravens - L
    Vs The Dolphins - W
    Vs The Raiders - W
    At The Panthers - W
    Vs The Browns - W
    At The Dolphins - L

11-5. Okay that seems a little generous, but it's not unattainable. It's still too early to tell. More likely we'll lose one or two of those games we shouldn't and end up 9-7. Yeah, I believe we'll beat the over rated Falcons on MNF. This Jets team won't even come close to resembling the disaster from last season.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Vs The Bucs - W - Revis hasn't played in a year...it's going to take him a couple weeks to get up to speed making him negligible for this game...Bucs open on the road...I like our odds.
    At The Patriots -W - I can't believe a number of you have the Pats winning this game. Brady has waaaayyyy too many new moving parts on offense to have gelled this early in the season. In reality I almost expect this to be a thumping
    Vs The Bills -W - I need to see E.J. (he will win the job) but this game is how much confidence I have in the Jets defense. On top of that we'll be home...this is the first in what I feel will be a sweep of a less talented Bills team.
    At The Titans - L - Tennessee is like the Jets...more talented than what they are given credit for. We're on the road...this will be a let down game.
    At The Falcons - L - Our Secondary better be ready. Cromartie will take out whomever he has...Milliner is going to get schooled in this game by the entire Falcons receiving corps. We COULD get hammered in this one.
    Vs The Steelers - W - Pittsburg is vulnerable. People don't see it but all the running around and beatings that Big Ben have taken over the years is starting to creep up. I can't believe the Steelers extended him for as long as they did. Some forget he's been around for a decade. Jets win a close low scoring one here.
    Vs The Patriots - L - Brady comes in, having finally gelled with his new offensive weapons as well as Gronk is now back (I don't have him returning to the field until game 2 or 3). The Pats exact some revenge. Now, if Geno started the season he could be getting comfortable and this could go the other way...but I don't see it.
    At The Bengals - L - This is going to be more of a slobber knocker type game...Jets lose this one on the road.
    Vs The Saints - W - This goes either way...if the Jets continue to gel on offense and we have a guy or two that have stepped up (Gates/Hill) then we can hang with the Sants. We have the better defense no doubt. I think the Saints are getting a whole lot of love because Payton is back but, personally, I don't think it helps.
    At The Bills - W - I honestly do not see a split...break out the brooms as I see a sweep. Considering how much the Bills are going to rely on Spiller this year...he doesn't make it to this game and that will be their offense gone.
    At The Ravens - W - The Ravens are going to have a CLASSIC let down year. As in BIG let down. In fact, I will not be shocked if they are battling with Pittsburg and Cleveland for the cellar of the AFCN this year. Bolden is gone which will drastically affect Torrey. Pita is gone for the season will affect everyone but, more importantly, Rice. No, this is going to be an ugly year for the Ravens...remember you read it here first.
    Vs The Dolphins - L - You know, I HATE to say it...hate, hate, hate, hate it!! But, I smell a sweep coming on here...again. I don't think the Dolphins are going to be nearly as good this year as everyone thinks they will. Just look at the Eagle 2 years ago after a big offseason spending spree...but, for some odd reason they outplay their talent against the Jets and I think the Jets, being a young team, are going to come in too cocky and get their blocks knocked off.
    Vs The Raiders - W - Face it...the Raiders are less talented across the board and their a year or two away. On the road, across the country, the Jets take this.
    At The Panthers - W - The Panthers just do not have enough offense. They certainly do not have the defense. Again, they are a year away...they didn't do enough in the off season to get Cam more weapons and he can't do it all by himself against the better defenses and I personally feel the Jets will be top 5...if not top 1 or 2 this year.
    Vs The Browns - W - The Browns, much like the Raiders, are a year or so away. They are gaining talent but just do not have the horses to pull this off, on the road. There is a bit of revenge factor here though...After Santonio stabbed them in the heart a couple years back so well see...
    At The Dolphins - L - And here we go...we come into this game with 9 wins. Depending upon how the Patriots gel, looking at either the division or a WC spot. The Dolphins would like nothing more than to make sure we either go out on a losing note or cost us a WC spot...etc...etc...needless to say there will be serious motivation on their part. This game will tell us how far the Jets have matured as a team. Will they go against past Jets teams and rise up and pound the Dolphins or will they shit the bed and play down to the competition with a possible post season berth on the line? Unfortunately, with youngsters across the board we shit the bed. Depending upon how the rest of the AFC is doing determines whether or not we are a WC. (that also depends upon how we shake out in the division)

I have us going 10-6 and either winning the division and/or a playoff spot.

Listen, the Jets were a better team than last year's 6-10 team...by a long shot. Crap QB play and a couple of defensive breakdowns were DIRECTLY responsible for 3-4 losses. The Defense is going to be light years better than last season...mark my words...Rex Ryan will make certain of that.

The offense simply has to be good this year. Anything better than that and it's gravy. The early word out of camp on Gates, as well as Hill holding on to the ball, is very promising. I am in the group of folks who believes that Santonio Holmes doesn't play a down this year and is probably on the bubble to ever play again in a Jets uniform. I think Braylon is going to have a MONSTER year and Winslow as well. Just a feeling. Our Tandem of running backs will do just enough...just enough for our offense to be GOOD. Not great but GOOD...which is all we'll need.

Couple that with the Dolphins over spending with cohesion problem, which we've all seen doesn't work; The Patriots having UNPRECEDENTED turmoil this off season and key injuries giving them a real shot of having a very poor start to the season; and Buffalo being at least a year away...(it never ceases to amaze me how the Jets get reported as having crap for skill players yet the Bills always seem to fly under the media radar)...the Jets could be in an ideal position! Especially considering everyone thinks they suck AND not having to fight through a bloody NFC schedule. (Thank god we're not playing the NFC West THIS year...that would be a 1-3 run)

And THAT ladies and gentleman is my NON-Green Glasses version. I've spent a great deal of time and research for this thread...been looking forward to it since the draft!! Thoughts and comments welcomed!!!

#45 mezzavo, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Geno starts from day 1
    11-5, #1 Defense, Geno, Hill, Edwards, Winslow surprise.

I guess I'm a glass if full kind of guy.

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Love to see a lot of 10-6 predictions +

We will probably go 8-8 with this offense and young defense. Should have at least a competitive shot for the playoffs.

Make it to the playoffs anything can happen.

8. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I got tickets to that Jets @ Falcons game . . .

I'm hoping for a big W!

9. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

Lots of people predicting loss to Ravens. Remind yourselves who they just lost. Flacco is good, but he isn't good enough to carry this team alone.

Losing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed is HUGE. D will take a big step backwards.

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Vs The Bucs 32-17 Jets
    At The Patriots 21-10 Jets
    Vs The Bills 23-14 Jets
    At The Titans 21-10 Titans
    At The Falcons 38-14 Falcons
    Vs The Steelers 21 - 17 Steelers
    Vs The Patriots 28-14 Pats
    At The Bengals - 14-10 Jets
    Vs The Saints 34-16 Saints
    At The Bills 17-7 Jets
    At The Ravens 21-10 Jets
    Vs The Dolphins 24 - 13 Jets
    Vs The Raiders 14 - 3 Jets
    At The Panthers 27-14 Panthers
    Vs The Browns - 14-10 Browns
    At The Dolphins 28-14 Jets

Good for a 9-7 record and a wild card birth.

Geno, OL, run game and west coast offense will carry the load offensively.

On D is where this team will thrive! Rex is focused on the D again and has plenty of new toys that are very talented.

Wilkerson will be a pro bowler, Ellis, Coples, Richardson and Pace will make a very potent line. Harris and Davis will be solid in the middle. Our secondary is going to be very tough and physical with Cro, Milliner, and Landry.

Love the way this team is shaping up.

11. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

While I did predict, I do agree it is a bit early to make solid predictions. We have to see how our brand new safety tandem plays, along with whether Goodson plays or not. Another thing is we will have to see which Mark shows up to play this season.

12. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

well at the very least we dont have dustin keller anymore so i think the new TE is not going to shy away from contact when ray lewis comes rushing in...hopefully

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I Got to 11 figuring a middleof the pack offense.

So, it appears the consensus hovers around 10.

14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

6-10 at worst.

8-8 at best.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

mezz, I like the optimism, and hope you are correct...... but at this point the offense even being GOOD is a stretch given some personnel and the shitshow we witnessed last year. I will say it will definitely be better...... getting rid of that jackass of an OC was the 1st addition by subtraction.

the rest remains to be seen......:metal:

16. mezzavo

I feel you. Sparano was a shit sandwich with a topping of ass crack. Hell, I'm thinking Marty might be worth 2 whole wins by himself!!

17. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

We have so many question marks on this team right now it is hard to make a prediction.

I think we can win 5 to 8 games at best.

I think the Ravens will take a step back especially with Pitta out for the season. They did sign a couple of guys like Elvis Dumervil and Michael Huff that will help soften the blow of losing Lewis and Ed Reed. The Ravens have had our number for a long time and I don't see that changing this year.

#57 Testaverde, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  18. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

I think realistically we are looking at 5 or 6 win team. If everything goes right and breaks in our favor, 8 and 8 is probably the ceiling. I just want to see the young players produce and get better. This is not a quick fix. Not a win-now team in 2013.

19. mezzavo

A lot of you guys are focused entirely too much on only the Jets. You need to take a good solid look at the teams we are playing:

The Bucs...eh
    The Panthers...eh
    The Saints...eh

That's half the wins some of you have us getting. And, honestly, who REALLY thinks the Patriots come out guns blazing the first handful of games this year. I don't. That IS reality. Also reality is we will have a top 5 defense. On THAT I have faith.

20. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If Sanchez starts, 6-10. If geno starts and plays half-decent I think we have a shot at 9-7.