Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Leave Farley out of this. He won't be making the decision anyway.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

you may want to follow another sport, w/ such an asinine comment you show you have absolutely no clue.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The Sanchez supporters don't like when you compare Sanchez to players he is comparable to. They rather if you say Brees=Sanchez, Tom Brady=Sanchez, Montana=Sanchez.

5. nyjunc

we don't like when people spew nonsense that has no merit to it. If you think they are similar that tells us all we need to know about your football knowledge.

6. The 1985er

Sanchez doesn't hit his receivers in stride CONSISTENTLY. Aka leading your receivers. Singling out one isolated play doesn't prove your argument. I used to support Sanchez and was patient even through his struggles. Then after the Ravens game in 2011 on SNF I gave up on him. That game let me know everything I needed to know about Sanchez and unfortunately I was right.

I don't know what you're trying to argue but if you're entering your prime years and have to compete for your job that means you're not good. And for every Brees and Simms, you also have Grossman, Leaf, Harrington, Leinart etc that all failed.

7. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

You're right, that's an insult to Rex Grossman

8. nyjunc

so Brees and Simms weren't good, got it.

9. The 1985er

In Grossman's first full year as a starter this were his numbers.

262- completions
    480- attempts
    54.6- completion %
    3193 yards
    23- td's
    20- int's

Sanchez first season

196- completions
    364- attempts
    53.8- completion %
    2444- yards
    12- td's
    20- int's

Both these QB's have their issues and yes they are comparable whether you like it or not.

10. The 1985er

Your reading comprehension buttfumbled on that one.

11. nyjunc

well that proves it:rolleyes:

do any of you guys actually watch football?

12. G_know4Pres

G_know4Pres Banned

God I can't wait till Sanchez is off of this team and we can stop all this bickering.

13. nyjunc

Boy will you be disappointed, the players change but the bickering will never go away. In a year or 2 it will be people bashing your Geno and wanting the next flavor of the month.

14. The 1985er

Everybody else is wrong and nyjunc is "right". No one sees the game like nyjunc sees the game and if you don't agree with nyjunc then you're an "average fan". Why can't everybody understand the game like superfan nyjunc? When Sanchez double pumps and throws into triple coverage and getting picked off. I mean that's what it looks like on the surface but to superfan it's a "good punt". Even if you suck going to back to back AFC championship games gives you a lifetime immunity to criticism. Because you know the superfan says so. Lets ignore all Sanchez mental issues like ball security and accuracy and instead lets argue about if Eli was with the Jets what would happen as opposed to if Sanchez was with the Giants. I wish I was a superfan like nyjunc. Le sigh.

15. nyjunc

you know Eli has just 1 less TO than Mark since mark entered the league, right?

I am trying to help you, you won't accept it. So you will continue to look foolish comparing Mark to Grossman.

16. The 1985er

Eli had one less turnover than Mark so that means Eli Manning=Mark Sanchez. The almighty superfan has spoken again.

17. nyjunc

Yep that's what it means:rolleyes: You got me. Someday I hope I can post stats and evaluate like you.

Did you know Chad Pennington, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia are all better than Dan Marino? It's true, they have higher QB ratings!

18. The 1985er

That's good to know. Superfan. So next time instead of throwing out blanket statements like "you know Eli has just 1 less TO than Mark since mark entered the league, right" you could expound further on why that is relevant to the discussion.

As far as Sanchez and Grossman, I've seen Grossman play and he makes a lot of the mental mistakes that Sanchez makes/made throughout his career. This is just me watching both guys play.

Sanchez "27th ranked but top 10 best" season is comparable to Grossman's 2006 season as well. But you love to rant and rave about how great he was that year.

Whether you like it or not, until Sanchez steps up he is a bottom tier QB who is comparable to the likes of Grossman, Dilfer, etc. QB's you can win with but guys that you'd never ask to win games for you.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Instead of your usual bullshit, ie. talking down other posters, etc. Why don't you tell us why it's an asinine comment? or why Sanchez is better than Grossman?

I see a lot of similarities, and it's a fair comparison IMO.

They play similar styles, have similar size/build, etc. Both were high profile young players and had some early successes and playoff success by riding a great D and running game. Both struggle with turnovers, taking care of the football and field vision.
    -Their strengths are similar - they both throw a nice mid-range ball. Are good in the middle of the field, but struggle with the short passing game.

Even if you think Sanchez is better, he's not THAT much better than Grossman and it's a fair comparison - not asinine. For a guy who claims he just wants to talk football, I rarely see you actually TALK football when it comes to Sanchez - it's always very general blanketed responses, usually excuse-filled, usually lacking on substance and very arrogant.

20. nyjunc

It is not my intention to talk down to anyone but when you guys are so far beneath me that is the only way I can talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.