17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

La máquina de la Interceptación

You had to remind me?

"La máquina de la Interceptación" (The Interception Machine)

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

With whom as our RB? :sad:

5. championjets69

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

only the v code

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

put

9JiQ7YVP-xY

in between the youtube tags

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Best part of the vid is at 58 seconds, where El Guappo wipes his nose and obviously has snot on his fingers, and then he wipes it on his coach, no less, which coach Ryan sees as snot being wiped on him and questions his starting quarterback as if to say, "I saw that and WTF are you doing, man?"

This guy is a total Commiefornia asshole and I want him off the roster.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Haha. Suckchez never stops sucking :grin:

10. 17a_tailgater

[YOUTUBE]VTItm11tFj4[/YOUTUBE]

11. championjets69

Well you should be sending RR I luv U cards for his the person who approved him :sad:

12. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Tickets have started to ship out, I just received an email with the tracking number.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk HD

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Nithing yet for me

14. championjets69

Ooops they forgot to inform you that they banned all fans in denial like U :sad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is a real good article written by a fan. It not just about his poor dad, its about us, long time Jet fans. Worth reading

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2013/8/1/4579490/for-this-Jets-fan-the-chant-is-the-tie-that-binds

There's one tradition the New York Jets are known for, it's the signature J-E-T-S chant. With or without Ed Anzalone, the organization and its fans must make it a priority to see it continues.
    Tweet (34) Share (2) 10 Comments Rec (4)

Fathers and daughters share a special bond, and I will always be proud that the relationship my father and I have is somehow stronger than most because of a football team he raised me to love.

My father is the best Jets fan I know, but he was also diagnosed with Alzheimers last year. I’ve slowly seen little personal traditions I shared with him come to an end. His bright personality and excitement has already changed.

His ability to recall new information and concentration has decreased faster than I expected. He can't keep up with the team the way he used to. I miss not being able to pick up the phone after breaking Jets news and not even having to tell him why I’m calling. I miss sitting at the kitchen table with him discussing the current state of the team. I know things have changed when my attempts at having a Jets conversation with him just last week end with him asking me if Revis is leaving.

I thought my first post on GGN would be about some UDFA I have too high hopes for, or why the 2013 Jets defense has me more excited than the Geico talking camel on Hump Day.

But in all honesty, my excitement for all things green and white is there because of my experiences growing up as a fan, my recollections of Sundays with my father either at the stadium or in front of the television.

The J-E-T-S chant was one such memory.

Back in November, news of "Fireman" Ed Anzalone "leaving" brought up many discussions regarding his "super fan" status and what he represented to fans and the organization. Then on Wednesday the news came down that the Jets organization, nine months later, is still trying to come up with a way to keep the signature chant alive without Ed. That revelation kick-started the debate again and got me thinking even more about my father.

There’s no special story behind the J-E-T-S chant. No magical reason for why it exists. The fact is, it does and has for years.

We all know the story. It started back at Shea Stadium as a battle between upper level fans in opposite end zones, each with their own leader of the chant. It didn’t take long for it to become a staple at Jets home games, and to me, Fireman Ed just happened to be the guy that kept tradition alive as time moved on.

Every ounce of passion I have for this team stems from tradition. I grew up at Giants Stadium with my father by my side for every moment of it. But 2009 marked the end of many 20-plus year traditions for me. The J-E-T-S chant, however, was one of the few that survived when Giants Stadium was torn down.

The fact is I don’t care how the chant continues, but for me it must, with the same level of intensity it always had.

My Dad never actually did the J-E-T-S chant, but there was always a moment when he'd look at me with a huge smile beaming in pride as the the stadium roared it in unison.

Along with a fancy new stadium has come fancy new fans. Amongst new faces and a new atmosphere, the one thing that used to feel familiar week in and week out was hearing that chant. The Jets don’t have much that is uniquely theirs, but no matter how annoying or silly those seven syllables are, what they represent means a lot to me and to thousands like me.

I don’t consider Fireman Ed as the face of the fan base, or some fan I should look up to. I see him as a man who deserves respect from fans for keeping a long-standing tradition alive. The fact is, without Ed, the chant hasn’t been close to what it usually was, and the organization’s latest attempt to keep it going without him is guaranteed to fail.

The Jets don't have many well known traditions like other organizations do. While I appreciate the organization attempting to keep the chant alive, their attempts thus far are comical at best.

The idea that the Jets have to instruct us how to chant is an insult to all of us who value it's history.

I'm not sure what the answer is at this point, but it should be a priority for everyone associated with the team, officials, players and fans alike, to come up with something that works.

As we get older, tradition matters more. It's what binds us, be it in our home lives or in aspects of our social lives. I can still sit and remember moments when that chant was the loudest with my Dad, and it needs to live on so I can create those same moments in future years with my own family as well.

It's up to me to find a way to make new traditions and it's up to Jets fans to keep the ones we currently have alive, even if it means looking back at a guy wearing a fireman's hat and a Bruce Harper jersey and nodding approval, no matter how corny it may have appeared to the outsider.

He got it. The Jets need to do the same.

Or else they'll lose the part of them that makes them whole.

Just like what's happening with me and dad.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think the Jets need someone in each upper EZ to start the "back and forth" which is what I remember from Giants Stadium pre-Ed. It was sort of spontaneous, but there was probably one guy in a low row upstairs in each EZ who sort of kicked it off. At first, it could be an employee if no fan grabs the gauntlet.

I was at Shea too, from '79 to '83 and I have no recollection of the chant there. I sat in Loge, so maybe it wasn't apparent to me. However, I was very aware of the traded Upper EZ chants in the Meadowlands of the 80's and 90's pre-Ed.

Sorry about your Dad's condition.

17. no psls

no psls Banned

I sat in one of the sections that started the chant , Section 326 I think ; right behind the goal posts - klecko country . The guy with the klecko jersey and his friend who threw candy to the fans . AH , the good old days .
    There was also some jerk in our section who dressed in a Steelers jersey and helmet every home game .

18. 17a_tailgater

his name was Huey and he was joe klecko's cousin. we tailgated with them in 4K in the parking lot

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Woody and the clowns don't get there fan base. I knew they would try to come up with some gimmick to replace Ed instead of letting the fans figure it out naturally or not doing anything anymore. Its embarrassing and lame. Lets bring back the 18 year old boys with shorts to run out on the field with jet flags when we kick a field goal after 1st and goal on the 4 yard line. It gets harder and harder

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

haha, we used to call them "Flaggots"