For my fellow cricket fans (the sport, not the bug)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

[​IMG]

I think the 50 over game is on the way out. Twenty/20 is just so damn exciting. We had 30,000 to a domestic game this summer. It's smash and bash all over in three hours. The kids don't get bored so it's a great family night out.

The IPL had a great first season and I think the only thing that can stop that from continuing would be interference from terrorists. It seems to be the major concern at the moment.

2. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

I strongly believe that if you took 100 cleanskins* to a great game of baseball and also a great game of twenty/20 cricket you would end up with at least 90 new cricket fans

*someone who had never seen either sport

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Would you leave all three of them alone.

4. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

I always laughed at people who used to argue about the popularity of cricket with me in comparison to other sports like basketball. Cricket has India, game over.

Anyway, saw the innings. Fantastic batting and very well deserved for him to be the first person to do it.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

the more impressive thing is he did against South Africa...not any of these junk teams like Bangladesh, Zimbabwe or West Indies (sadly they suck nowadays)

6. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Thought i drag this up to talk about the Ashes . Yesterday when Australia were on the ropes against England the last batsman came in ( the last few batsman are in the team as bowlers)A 19 year old debutant Ashton Agar. Agar with the support of a recognized batsmen went bezerk . He was out at 98, 2 runs short of 100( a .significant score for recognized batsman)He scored the runs in 101 balls which is amazing run rate for anyone. He broke many records, highest score by a number 11 batsman ever in test and many others. He and and his partner scored record last wicket partnership in test cricket.
    He is a new hero in Australia because his efforts in the situation were incredible
    My 6 degrees of seperation a work colleague is from his local cricket club and knows his dad:)

7. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

Holy cow, I'm the same age as him. His innings was nothing but class. Needless to say, I'm rooting for the Aussies. England's pushing their lead, though.

8. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Oh...
    I thought this thread was about that creepy talking doll from the 80s

[​IMG]