The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. since83

since83 Member

How real is this, je je jeah!

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

This is such a non story

Media gon media

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is this new to you? Stop being amazed at this.

At what point are Jets fans going to stop being outraged at the pathetic attempts to trash this team and start having a sense of humor about it?

It has been going on for about the entire past decade.

Yeah... they will not give this team a fair shake.

Find some creativity in your response.

It's not going to change anytime soon.

4. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

They are both throwing to the same guys come this season. Im sure Sanchez has told Geno about it and invited him just like everyone else on offense. It will only benefit everyone on that field. I love the idea that these guys are building friendships and unity as an offensive unit. Sanchez will run the offense and Geno will run the offense. No labels, no coaches. Its probably a better environment for these guys.

Geno working alone doesn't do anything for him. If Geno has the opportunity to get acquainted with his offense, why not do it? Start early.

5. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I'm not sure what he's going to learn from Sanchez. To me, this is pretty much an organized party that is disguised as a workout. In theory, it works great and it's an amazing opportunity to take more time to work on plays. But with it's over-hyped aura around it, I think this is more marketing and BS than anything of substance.

I think of it as having very strict parents that control the kids, and then the older brother comes in, and volunteers to watch the younger brothers, but the kids really just go nuts and do whatever most of the time, but from the outside it atleast looks like the older brother is trying. Think Malcom in the Middle for those of you familiar with the show. It's more of a camaraderie thing, where they see Sanchez as the "cool" leader on the team, and they can sort of rally around him. Geno can't get this, if he goes or not, because it's still Sanchez's camp either way. The only other way is if he starts a Jets South camp in Miami and invites people over. I don't think I've ever felt that Sanchez holding this has ever led to on the field results, and I think since he started this thing, his stats have actually gone down.

Second, it makes no sense to go to a camp run by your main competition. Sort of like the democratic candidate going to a republican fundraiser. It's a competition that is going to be determined by the coaches in training camp and preseason. I'd rather have Geno be prepared for that, than trying to go compete with someone with the odds stacked against you because your competition controls the whole camp.

Third, I don't really want Geno to learn much from Sanchez, because Sanchez's main problem is mental. He has the tools physically to succeed, but he's just not good under pressure. So I'd rather he not spread his "wisdom" and Geno can work with his own people. I don't need Geno to learn how to lock into one WR and ignore the rest of the field while throwing into triple coverage. Or do enough pump fakes, that the description for the move on Madden has your picture on it.

The only incentive Geno had to go to the camp, was to gel with his teammates, but he would've also been almost conceding the competition because he was already setting the tone as being second fiddle under Sanchez by being at his camp as the guest while Sanchez runs the show.

As long as both show up for training camp, I'm fine with it. 3 days of camp, where most of the time is spent hanging out isn't going to make that much of a difference in the long run. Ofcourse, this will get blown out of proportion and be twisted in a way showing Geno as some kind of diva by not attending, when it really doesn't make sense for him to attend in the first place.

6. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Have the backup QBs attended JetsWest in previous years?

7. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Tim Tebow went last year to Jets West.

He then showed up in training camp, and coaches were shocked at how horrible he was at throwing the ball, much worse than they remember scouting him.

You connect the dots.

8. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Look all im saying is if Geno can get the work in with the WR then he should take that opportunity. It shows he doesnt care about how the media hypes it. Its an opportunity to get better for everyone. Geno isnt going into JetsWest with the mindset that he is #2. Even if Sanchez invited him. It works in Geno's favor too.

Get accustomed to the receivers, have some fun, establish friendships, and go to work. I really dont see a problem. No matter what has been said in the past, whether Jets West has worked or not. More opportunities, take em.

9. abyzmul

LOL!

You're really blaming Tebow throwing the ball terribly on Jets West???

What fucking planet do you live on?

The guy hasn't been a good passer since he exited the womb.

10. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

The friendship part I agree with, that is really the only incentive there for him. But by the same token, he's been with these same guys in camp already, so he should already have friendships with them by now. It's not like they don't know him or that he's restricted from hanging out with them until training camp opens.

I just think it didn't really make sense for Geno to go because he was in a competition. IF Sanchez was the clear starter by now, by all means it would've made sense to go. But, by going to the camp of the guy you are already trying to beat, what can you accomplish? I think it would strain relationships a bit more, if someone came to your camp and then tried to upstage you.

I wouldn't have had a problem if he went to be honest, I just don't think it would be any more or less beneficial. I think there will be less drama if he doesn't attend and they just compete when camp and preseason comes around.

11. abyzmul

tl;didnt waste my fucking time

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

not a big deal, but i think Geno should have gone.
    building some unity amongst the QB's, even if competing, is a good thing.
    and obviously, being the new guy, building some relationships with others on the team while working out couldn't hurt.

Competition or not, it's all one team, and the team needs to come first.

13. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I said he GOT WORSE than the horrible passer he was before the trade.

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/source-explains-coaches-inability-to-use-tebow/

I'm not saying Jets West made him suck, but it certainly didn't help him. The coaches thought he was worse than they expected him to be, so it wasn't like going to Jets West actually helped him improve anything at all.

14. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Thanks for wasting your fucking time in reporting this. Keep me updated.

15. abyzmul

Maybe you can expound on that? I mean, you seem to know what the scouting report they had on Tebow included... right?

Go ahead and give details.

The guy has always been a shitty passer. Always. Tell me how he regressed from what the details of the Jets' scouting report contained.

And the "article" that you quoted... please explain to me how it is evidence to support your stupid argument.

#1575 abyzmul, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  16. abyzmul

Always. Should I update you with a mushroom stamp?

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

It isn't an official team activity; so no big deal. How much
    has "Jets West" helped our passing game the last few seasons?
    Based on results, not much.

18. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Ok, I'll keep it simple then.

They trade for him to be the backup QB, thinking he's capable of being the backup QB.

He gets here, and he is the third string QB who they avoided like the plague when Sanchez was finally benched.

This means, he was worse than they thought he was going to be.

They didn't trade for him, thinking he'd be a great fit on punt protection. They traded him to be a back up QB and he was a failure in that aspect, which clearly means he regressed from the low level that he was already at. It's not that that hard to comprehend. It's also why, when he was released, pretty much every team ignored him as a QB prospect, and the only team that took a shot at him has a HOF QB and a 2nd string QB ahead of him as well.

The link provided a source at saying, they were surprised at how bad he was at practice. There are other links that mention the same idea about how bad he was. He went from a Shitty passer to an even more shitty passer that probably won't even be a backup in the league anymore, with his best case scenario being a 3rd string guy that can play ST.

Starter - Traded and Expected to be the primary back- Becomes 3rd string QB = Regression.

Interesting that you are so eager to engage in queer activities.

19. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Geno wants the job. Plain and simple. I doubt Andrew luck attended any of Dan Orlovsky's boondoggles last year either. Camaraderie or not.

Geno has zero obligation to attend and play student to a guy who is by far the worst starting QB in the NFL.

20. abyzmul

Is it ever that simple when you're talking about your binky?

They traded for a football player that they thought could help their team. Prove otherwise.

He gets here, and he still cannot throw the ball like a quarterback should. They stupidly put him in the game as a WC option, thinking he was the replacement for Brad Smith, and he couldn't even do that right.

Worse than what? A guy that had proven that he could a) only throw a football in the fourth quarter of any game in the preceding season or b) a guy that could only throw the ball like a mongo during 3 quarters of the rest of those games?

Is that you, Mike Tannenbaum? Thank you for your valuable insight.

This is undeniable proof that Mark Sanchez soiled the amazing progress that he had made as one of the league's worst passers in the previous season.

What could have been...
    The Patriots have a penchant for putting players into positions that they haven't normally played to try to trick opposing teams. Something a Jets fan will recognize instantly.

Stop pretending to be a Jets fan, fucknut. You are nothing but a man-groupie.

I just removed the rest of your worthless post because it was more of the same Tebow worship.

Did you dopes really get some kind of confidence about this guy because the Pats signed him? He will be less significant a player for New England than Flutie was.

I look forward to you coming back a year from now and telling Jets fans how Sanchez ruined him for his fourth team in the NFL during an upjumped workout in SoCal.

Now run along.

Hey look! Isn't this cute? The Tebots are working in tandem!

#1580 abyzmul, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013