17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO U R again allowing your heart to be your guiding force instead of your brain when it comes to the NYJs. :sad:

2. jetbo

jetbo Member

CJ69, I totally disagree with you. Even though Woody J like the Wilpons have not brought us a championship, we still root for the uniform through thick and thin. I've had jets season tickets for 33 years, and actually saw SB III when I was in my teens, and have been waiting a very long time for another. I refused to buy the PSL's, because I definitely did not consider them an investment, but just because people choose to actually go to games and root for the green and white, it is their emotional and financial choice, to not stay at home and "protest" bad management. I bleed green and always will!! The FEW, the PROUD, the GREEN, Let's Go Jets!!! Regards, JETBO

3. championjets69

Well U R a newbie on the STHer front cause I am now on my 48th year of having STs. On all the rest U 2 R allow your heart to rule your brain sorry to say which is MHO :sad:

4. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

Yeah, but you are a NYJ STH in name only. You don't go to the games. I bet you don't speak to the person who buys the tickets about the NYJ the same way as you do here :(

5. championjets69

Bzz wrong I watch all the games nice & comfy on my big screen HDTV thanks to DTV Sunday Ticket :sad:

I tried every thing in my power to dissuade the leaser of the tix NOT to renew them & allow me to drop them :sad:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The hilarious thing about your posts is, I think you actually believe them yourself while no one else here does.

What do you mean your "leaser" "allowing" you to drop them? As if your lessee (not leaser) has any say in it whatsoever! If you really wanted to drop them you just would have, period. And then you tell your lessee that you no longer own them. What absolute hogwash, and you really believe this shit and think that we believe it too. It's absolutely hilarious.

"I tried everything in my power to dissuade the leaser....." ..... Hahahahahahaaaaa....ahahahahahhaaaaaaa OMG. You're too FF.

7. championjets69

This was sent to the renter on 01/31/13

Just a alert that there are tons of NYJ tix on the market at cut rate prices. This may be the time for you to secure tix in your own name

CJ69

BTW ESPN is reporting 52 % of the fans now rather watch the games on TV FYI :sad:

#17907 championjets69, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If I can't sit in the lower bowl or mezz lower rows there's no point in going to the game. I can have a tailgate party elsewhere or watch at a bar and actually enjoy the game. Or I can watch at home.

Also, $100 is about the tops I'll pay for a regular season game. For preseason, you'd have to give the tickets to me for free to consider, and even then I probably wouldn't use them

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

There is only one real tailgate and that's in the lot. Where to sit and what to pay is up to the individual, tailgating has to be within site of the stadium and around thousands of others. Its kinda of the point.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i never really got into the whole tailgate thing. i guess its one of those things where older guys are trying to get away from their wives for a little while as i have heard that mentioned a number of times but the tailgate really doesnt make the experience for me.

sure its cool to hang out and drink some beers and eat some food but its definitely not why you should be going to games in my opinion.

i also never get tanked at a game, whats the point of watching a football game if you cant even watch it cause you are tanked?

not that you are one of those guys and that post really wasnt directed at you, your post just set off the little things in my brain that made me think about how i dont really care for tailgating. :)

11. championjets69

Yes I agree with U 100%. I to never TGed & always thought that the tailgaters wanted a excuse to get out of the house as early as possible just as U posted. Oh yes I never drank in front of my kids as I felt if I did I would be a very poor role model :sad:

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Half the tailgaters I see have the wives right there with them

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I dont' bring the wife and I never get that drunk, not with all the food I eat. . It is an escape but its still about the game and winning, usually with the Jets, its all downhill once the game starts and the tailgate is the best thing all day. Sometimes when walking into the stadium, I feel like I am being led to slaughter.

#17913 sec314, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha thats a very good point! at least you dont get beaten at the tailgate.

gordon i was just saying that because i have heard alot of guys say its their time to escape from the old lady.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well alleycat it is too bad we had not met a few years ago as I would have gladly had you over at our tailgate ! It WAS lots of fun ,,always 20 to 30 people ,,we brought the wives girlfriends kids and ate like champs,,no burgers or dogs they were more like catered affairs :up:
    We did lots of crazy things,,,,one story ,,I remember the jaguar playoff game like it was yesterday,,I'm driving into the lot and ,I see these guys hanging signs and banners all of a u haul truck and I say to my buddy look at these characters,,,turns out it was my friends , they rented a u haul had couches in the thing ,,,brought heaters,,,,it was cold that day,,,,we drank :beer: and ate like kings,,,,surf and turf and lots of other stuff,,,we had so many lobster tails ( my buddy in the fish business gave me oceans of tails to bring to that game ) we could not even eat them all,,,,,oh and the jets won that game ! Great times back then,,,,,now u could not bring that truck in or have half that fun because almost all my buddies no longer have tix :sad:

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I have to disagree with previous posters and agree with Gordon.

Bringing the wives, kids and now grandkids, is what it's all about.

Screw the "old days." The Smoke on the stairways, the Coke on the Spiral, the Tit Display at Gate D. Fuck that.

I don't like this new fucking place, make no mistake about it. And if you're my age, you don't want those old devices. But if you're going to the new stadium, bring your wife now. And bring the grandkids. What the hell would you want to get away from your spouse for?

Ask yourself that question.... really.

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my wife and kids love going and especially love tailgating. now my wife isn't a fan of 5 hours of tailgating but doesnt like hanging in the parking lot.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't bring my wife because she does want to hang with me and my buddies. I don't go to escape from my family, I go to escape from everything and hang with my Jet family. As I get older, and my kids have kids, you damm sure I will take my grand kid to the game and train them to be a loser like there grand dad. Don't want them to be Giant or Pat fans

19. championjets69

H'mm it would appear that TGers think that the most rewarding thing is to TG probably even better then finding 10 gold bricks :sad:

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my wife comes to 1 game a year.she picks the game and she brings her friend.my oldest son went to 3 games last year. this year will be 3-4 depending on flex games and his football team