The Green Room

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Win4ever, May 8, 2013.

1. Green_Blood

Green_Blood New Member

The draft is what it is.

2. Green_Blood

Green_Blood New Member

But I agree, how could you not want to be there?

3. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I don't know if I equate it to graduation as much though. Graduation for most of us, is the end of our academic career, and we move onto real jobs and careers. It's the end of the lifestyle as we know it, and it's the last celebration for it. For these guys, this is sort of like graduating high school more or less for the rest of us. Just moving onto a bigger stage to continue the same path. And then throw in the fact, would you show up to your high school graduation, if there were only say 10 out of 300 that were invited, with the chance that you could get embarrassed if you weren't picked to graduate as high as you thought you would? Say there is an academic elite section for graduation, and the people invited as set to receive the highest accolades. But how would you react, if you have the shot to be sitting there the whole time, while others not even invited get better accolades, while you stick out three alone like a sore thumb? Also, the graduation idea skews the viewpoint a little, because in college, and HS, EVERYONE attends the graduation. What the green room equates to is having like a special box seats on stage, and the risk that you are the only one sitting there, while people sitting in the "regular" crowd is getting picked.

I think it's really a matter of, is the exposure worth the possible negative downfall? Pretty much everyone gets a good amount of exposure at this point, with all these pre-draft shows, highlight reels, scouting reports, that I don't think it makes THAT much of a difference to be there in person, when you could get very similar results and exposure if you just stay at home. As much as you remember RGIII at the draft, you also remember Russel Wilson celebrating with his family at home.