17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's it. Ticket prices are already reflecting a 3-13 season. If we were to start off at 5-3 (not saying it's going to happen) but IF we did, you'd see ticket prices bouncing back.

I wonder what the tune from a lot of naysayers would be if we get to an AFC Championship Home Game at some point? Do you think the guys who bailed on UD Primes will be kicking themselves at that point? I do.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Ticket prices seem pretty damn high to me. Granted I am not a season ticket holder nor do I go to Jet games often since I live in Florida, but I just paid $630 for two tickets... Not too cheap compared to other stadiums in the NFL.

3. Section 227. Row 5

For $630 you'd better be sitting next to Jesus Christ himself.

4. Jay Bizniss

Section 213 Row 5..

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

bro you just got owned

6. Jay Bizniss

How do you figure that?

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You over paid by a lot. Not only did you not get a steep near-game discount, but you paid over face. Those tickets are $295 each. You should have waited until a few days before the game, there won't be any shortage of tickets

8. Jay Bizniss

I only paid 20 bucks over face.. $315 a pop.. And the reason I bought them so early is because I am coming from Tampa and wanted to get airfare and tickets for the game locked up so I am not worrying about it a week before.

If I lived in the Tri-State area, I would have waited until that week to purchase tickets. I figured these were really good seats though and I wanted to snatch them up.

What do you think they would go down to? $250?

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I still remember 2002 when the Jets lost to the Bears in week 15, I think, and the playoffs were a long shot. And playoff ticket invoices when out in the mail that week and many STHs didn't buy the tickets. Then came that great day in week 17 when the Pats came back and beat the Dolphins and the Jets kicked the Packers asses and the Jets end up winning the division and hosting the Colts the following week in a playoff game. I bought the playoff tickets and many of the people around me did not and they were sick to their stomachs that they would not be at a home playoff game the following week.

10. Section 227. Row 5

I did the same thing and I couldn't figure out why people would not pay for the tickets. I think I remember something about you would get a credit (and not a refund) if the game wasn't played, but I said the hell with it, I've got to do it. People were kicking themselves in the ass.

11. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

If I was coming from a distance I would have done the same thing. Many fans do the same, just to have the tickets locked up. Enjoy the seats. The couple of dollars either way is not going to make/ break you

Opening day , Revis may be healthy by then, the price may go up.

No matter, you have nice seats, have fun!

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I agree. If this is a one-shot deal what's the difference. Now, paying those kind of prices if you live near the stadium is another story. At least he knows he's got legit seats.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I suspect having been a NYJ STHer since 65 that by game day they will be worth in the $50.00/100.00 range per seat :sad:

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

I remember that the invoices were sent out late that year. I sent mine in before the Bears game. I remember after the game debating putting a stop payment on my check but decided against it. I was one of the few people who had seats for that game. Everyone else lined up at the ticketmaster outlets Monday morning.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was one of those people lined up at ticketmaster on Monday morning. At least I got in, I would have been pissed at myself if I had to watch at home. It turned out great, we wound up getting 10 tickets and invited a bunch of people and all sat together.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Guys

Besides Craigslist, where can I find secondhand PSL's for Chase/Lexus club seats? Jets are charging 5K and over per seat and I can afford only 2K per PSL'S as I am looking for 3 PSL's

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

Ebay and also seasonticketrights.com

18. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

Another one is stadiumpsl.com

Their buyer fees are less than seasonticketrights.com

There are some good buys out there. Just keep in mind, if there is a game you can't go to, the club seat prices per ticket are kind of steep,and may make it harder to sell.

#17818 ralphbaker, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks guys.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I didn't send in the playoff invoice money, felt sick about it, went to Ticketmaster the Monday they went on sale, and wound up with better seats than my season tickets anyway.

So, you never know. At least I was there, and the 41-0 trouncing of the Colts remains an all-time great Jets memory.