Aaron Hernandez, dont drop the soap

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Not really sure what he thought breaking the phone was going to accomplish.. The police will be able to get all of his text transcripts and phone call history through his cell phone provider.. And if he had iCloud forget it. He better destroy everything Apple he owns.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Report: Hernandez neighbors heard gunshots early Monday

Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT

Getty Images
    It’s been a fluid situation over the past three days for Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez. The problem is that the fluid hasn’t been flowing in a positive direction for the player.

The latest development comes from FOX 25, which reports that neighbors heard gunshots early Monday morning. Per FOX 25, video shows Hernandez and two other men walking into his house “within minutes” after the shots were heard.

FOX 25 reports that the shots were heard by neighbors between 3:00 and 3:30 a.m. ET on Monday, but that they didn’t report the noise to police at the time.

Also, FOX 25 confirms that the hard drive attached to Hernandez’s video surveillance system was “heavily damaged” when police arrived at the home. ABC has reported that Hernandez’s cell phone and surveillance system had been damaged.

Earlier today, SI.com reported that Hernandez “likely” will be arrested. It’s unclear what he would be charged with at this point. Even if he’s not charged with killing 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, whose body was found Monday in an industrial park roughly a mile from Hernandez’s house, Hernandez could face a variety of potential charges, from accessory to obstruction of justice.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/20/report-hernandez-neighbors-heard-gunshots/related/

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I know junc will cry about it but I'd be pretty pumped going into week 2 with little prep time if the Pats are without Gronk and Hernandez. Although if we lose it will be even more embarassing.

:gpc:

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Big Ben got suspended for 6 games and never even had charges pressed against him for rape.

It doesnt matter in this league

And you comparing Goodson/Braylon to a guy affiliated with gangs accused of shooting a man in the face and helping murder another is RIDICULOUS

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We would still very likely lose. At the time we are playing them we can discuss the advantages of them playing w/o him but now when the murder is fresh it's sad people are worried about how it affects their team.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It was reduced to 4 and he had multiple offenses, he didn't just get accused then 3 days later was suspended. it was years in the making.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This Ahern thing will be a distraction all year for them

8. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Obviously you don't have to be charged with a crime to be suspended. Big Ben was given his suspension a week after prosecutors decided not to charge him. And Hernandez now has at least two incidents to worry about, the other obviously being the civil suit for shooting a man in the face.

9. Don

Yeah, and if they do charge him with murder the cap hit would be 10.5 mil to cut him. So they would probably have to carry him and I can just imagine what that publicity would be like.

10. Jay Bizniss

I am having problems understating this. I am pretty sure if I shot someone in the face it would be attempted murder not a damn civil suit. The guy lost his eye for christ sake.

11. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Based on the NFL's past history of dealing with players who commit felonies, Hernandez will probably be back in uniform by week three of the regular season.

Ray Lewis pled guilty to deliberately giving false testimony to Law Enforcement in a murder investigation. Lewis received no suspension at all.

Michael Vick was convicted of torturing and killing dogs.
    Vick was suspended for two days.

Commissioner Goodell talks tough, but when it comes to meting out punishment for players who commit felonies or players who repeatedly engage in dirty play on the field, even repeat offenders (Ndamukong Suh) he is amazingly lenient.

All of Goodell's talk about cracking down on dirty play and off field misconduct is just for public consumption.
    :breakdance:

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jets sign Tebow = Circus

Pats sign Tebow and have a potential murder in Aaron = Swept under the carpet and baaaaack to the Bruins.

13. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

If he goes to jail they wont have to pay him most/all of the money

The same way that if Goodson goes to jail we will get back most/all of his signing bonus

14. Don

haha..now it's back on.

11:21
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefterUpdate: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

15. Don

They already gave him a 12 mil signing bonus. But that is only if he goes to jail. No way that trial would be over by January unless he cops a plea.

16. Jay Bizniss

Lets place bets on when he will turn himself in. I give it till 5:00 PM tonight at the latest!

17. Don

I don't think he was ever charged.

18. Don

11:24
    Ian Rapoport@RapSheetCourt magistrate tells @nflnetwork 3 search warrants have been issued in Hernandez investigation. Will not give out locations, though.

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

It doesnt matter what they gave him, they can get most of the signing bonus back (I think over how its prorated?)

But you are right that they wouldnt be able to get anything back until he is convicted, which likely would take quite a while

Definitely interesting to see how that gets resolved

20. Jay Bizniss

"Aaron shot me in my eye on accident.. I won't be able to see anything on my right side for the rest of my life, but its all good. We should file a civil suit instead of charging this guy with attempted murder."

-__-