2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Well.... you thought wrong

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that would make both of us, then, if you think otherwise.

3. JetBlue

what will get lost in all of this is the fact that LeBron was horrible at the end of the 4th quarter, missing shots, turning the ball over and whining to the refs, and had to be saved by his teammates. The Spurs hit one more free throw and the series is over, and everyone points to all of his turnovers.

4. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Usually I'm not for bailing a team out by calling a foul on the last play but.....
    Bosh pretty clearly committed a blatant foul on Green:
    [​IMG]

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Heat didn't win this game as much as the Spurs lost it. Key missed free throws, then they are up by 3 with under 20 seconds to play, WHY NOT FOUL? The Spurs did it all season long in similar situations, why abandon it when it matters most in the finals? Then in OT they are down a point with less than 24 seconds to play, why not call that time out there so you can regroup and get one final good shot instead of having Ginobili run the entire floor with Parker on the bench and force up a poor shot when you know refs never call those fouls in the clutch. They were lucky to get the ball back after that blunder. As good a coach as Popavich is, he has to take a lot of the the blame for this one. Miami got lucky as fuck. They should have been done.

#1865 Barcs, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The heat wouldn't have even gotten back in it without Lebron. He had a couple late turnovers, but they weren't really his fault. Lebron didn't fumble on that play, the defender knocked the ball loose. It was a good defensive play. Overall Lebron had a very good 4th quarter, he just wasn't the hero tonight, that was Ray Allen and Bosh.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

even with OT, Miami only used eight players. No Haslem or Cole.

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is what pisses me off. Miami has to be the luckiest fuckin team on this planet.

They play Chicago, Rose is out. They play Indiana, Granger is out. They play San Antonio, they basically lose and then get no fouls called on them on two blatant foul calls.

Makes me fuckin sick. San Antonio better come out tomorrow like a bat out of hell and leave everything on that court. They need contribution from Ginobili and Green to get Parker and Duncan going. If this series continues as it has been, Spurs will win tomorrow, but I don't know what's going to happen.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I fell asleep at 8:30 PM last night and missed the game. When I woke up, I was hoping for a Heat win so I could watch the Game 7.

Apparently Stern's refs also wanted a game 7. Sorry for Pop and Spurs. I hope they win on Thursday

#1869 Brook!, Jun 19, 2013
  10. JetBlue

the Heat wouldn't be in the Finals at all if it wasn't for LeBron. that's not the point. it isn't relevant whether he was the reason why they were even in the game. despite that, at the end of the game (because it is possible to make a very specific argument about that specific part of the game without negating his value to the entire season or the rest of the game), he was terrible and the reason why the Spurs were up 5 in the final 30 seconds.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im so deflated, this is just as bad as losing to the Steelers.

It just keeps replaying in my head, missed fts and no rebounds.

12. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

This loss rests firmly on Manus shoulders. Horrible shots, horrible choices and most importantly horrible turnovers. More turnovers than points? Thanks for nothing.

They had the game won and he runs down the courts and throws the ball into their hands. Then he goes crashing into the lane on the last real possession when he has sucked all game.

As big as he was in game 5, he was very bad last night.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont even think Spurs can win...It would have to be an anomaly for them to pull this out. They must be dejected

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Lebron had two bad possessions late, the turnover driving and then the air ball/failed lob to Bosh. He then missed a 3, made the 3, missed the 3. Before those two bad possessions he did hit the shot to put them up. Interesting stats that are all for last game. The series stats paint a similar story.

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 now
    Oh and Heat D-Rtg with LeBron + Wade on court: 112.2. Heat D-Rtg with LeBron + no Wade: 72.7

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 1m
    Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + Wade on court: 92.0. Heat O-Rtg with LeBron + no Wade: 143.3

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 4m
    7 restricted area shots in 16 w/o Wade minutes for LeBron. 3 in 33 minutes with Wade.

Jared Dubin ‏@JADubin5 6m
    LeBron was 5-17 with Wade on the floor. 6-9 with Wade off the floor. -19 in 33 mins with Wade. +18 in 16 mins w/o Wade.

#1874 displacedfan, Jun 19, 2013
  15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

What's also interesting

Tim Duncan scored 0 points in the 4th quarter and OT.

Need to see what the Heat did to slow him down because he was dominating Bosh in the 1st half

16. Falco21

I think the Spurs will pull it off. They just need better play from Ginobili. If Ginobili just had an average game, they would have been celebrating another championship this morning.

Spurs know how to stop or slow down Miami. They have been exceptionally good at away games. They lost last night because of free throws and turnovers. The basics. Fix those and they can win this thing.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Meh, bad calls aside, and there were many, the Spurs are on a plane ride home today if Kawhi Leonard makes both of his FTs at the end of the 4th.

Didn't want to see a game 7 but it will be worth it if they win, because I'll be able to see deathstar get his beating heart ripped out of his chest.

19. Falco21

20. Falco21

You think the Spurs will win it?

I do. People are worried saying that this game 6 drained San Antonio and they don't know if they can recover from it.