2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It makes total sense. Here's why:

- Dwyane Wade is old. Period. He has finally stepped it up this series, but he is old and hurt. His knees are wearing down and he is not the same player he once was. James is far exceeding his level of play, and frankly, James needs a guy who is young with fresh legs to help exploit his own talents.

- Kyrie Irving. He was an All Star this last season at only 21 years old. Lebron has said numerous times that he not only loved playing with him, but he is always watching him. He called him, "unbelievable", and that he has one hell of a future ahead of him. Hence, a great young weapon to help assist James.

- Like I said earlier, he wants to mend that relationship he once had with Cleveland. He left in a bad way and he wants to rid himself of that. What better way to do that then to end your career where you started and hopefully bring a couple championships to your home city? If he retires somewhere else, that will forever haunt him and forever taint his career. He knows it and we all know it.

- Last but not least, Cleveland has the number one overall pick, again, and they will most likely be drafting Nerlens Nole.

So you're talking James, Irving, and Nole all on one squad. James being the oldest amongst them and the veteran. He could take them both under his wing, be king of that city once again, and possibly win multiple championships.

Do I think Cleveland is the only place for him? No. At all. I just think that Cleveland is one hell of an option and he will have the team he needs to do something big. Young, fast, and hungry. Just like he was.

And I wouldn't say the Heat ARE going to win Game 6. It is highly likely, but not for sure. I wouldn't walk around saying anything is a for sure in these finals. San Antonio might come out and beat them like Dallas did. Don't count your chickens yet.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Lebron wants to work with proven players, not hopeful young picks that will eventually develop into stars. Sorry to be frank, but he could give a fuck less about mending ties with Cleveland or wanting to retire there. He wants to win as many titles as possible. He's not going to take the gamble on a scrub team with one good player. Draft picks are never guarantees. Lebron isn't going to want to start over again. Losing in the NBA finals isn't a bad thing in the least. He's not leaving Miami. I know you're hopeful as a Cavs fan, but it isn't very likely at all.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

sounds like you and LeBron have discussed this many times over coffee. I think we have to take your word for it.

4. Falco21

I'm not a Cavs fan at all. I am a Knick fan.

I just love Lebron and loved rooting for him since day one. I could care less where he ends up, I just think he will go back with Cleveland. I think you are overlooking his feelings on that whole Cavs move to Miami. It really put a damper on him and hurt him bad. If you just watch interviews with him about it, it really upsets him the way he went out. He has even said that he would love to get the opportunity to fix what he did.

You act like the Cavs are a young terrible team. They have a young All Star in Irving and are going to draft a potential super star. While I do agree that maybe he wants to go to a place with proven talent, I can also say that he most likely will not stay in Miami for the reasons you just stated. Miami is done after this year. Wade is old, Miller is old, Allen is old, Bosh is overpaid. The only bright spot there is Norris Cole. You act like Miami is a young talented team. They are very talented, but very old and expensive.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Kyrie Irving is 21 and is becoming a top 5 pg, and is getting better. Wade is 31 and getting worse.

The Cavs also have a better roster, and the #1 pick in this years draft. Lebron will need Kyrie Irving in 3 or 4 years because Irving will be 25 while Lebron is 32. That could work out very well to the point where when Lebron is 35, Irving will only be 28. And even deeper, when Lebron is say 37, Irving would be 30. Similar to Parker and Duncan.

Lebron needs youth not older vets.

6. JetBlue

considering the fact that James loves to be the facilitator of his team, havinga top 5 PG is why he wouldn't go to Cleveland. if he does he would have to give up the ball to Irving to be the facilitator and James would simply be the scorer, which isn't his game ta all.

7. Falco21

And what do you call Dwyane Wade? LOL

When Lebron went to Miami, Dwyane Wade was top 5 without a doubt.

8. JetBlue

Dwayne Wade was a top 5 PG? when?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

My mistake, I accidentally clicked on an ESPN channel while working from home today.

I hear this guy (Michael Eric Lebronsdickinmymouth Dyson) preaching like a religious man about Lebron, and the topic on the bottom of the screen is "Comparing Jordan and Lebron James".

This is what he says, verbatim:

"Lebron is a historian, as well as a philosopher of the game. His IQ is high. Jordan, Kobe and Lebron have extraordinary IQs.

But I think that the commitment to the team spectacle is what makes things different.

But I'll tell you this, in ending (sic), Lebron has benefited his boys, he didn't just hook em up, he says "let me put you in a position where I will teach you the game and the agency so that now you can take it forward, take advantage of what I have been able to give you and move forward.

That's a rather unique thing in this day and age and it needs to be celebrated."

Tim Duncan has mentored more players in the NBA than Lebron has actually played with.

What a handjob of an interview.

Yet this turd of an "expert" will soon run out and write a book on his expertise and understanding of a guy that speaks about nothing but himself during press conferences.

Shit like this makes me sick.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

11. JetBlue

it is sad that there is actually an audience that is drawn to dumbfuck cliches like this and think it is actually a meaningful perspective.

even worse that ESPN has devolved into this kind of nonsense.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Nothing obvious. The idea would be I suppose that San Antonio is too old and banged up and he should rest Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili so that they'll be fully fit in Game 7.

But the idea of tanking a playoff game is rather stupid.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That is the stupidest argument that I have ever seen. Why rest your most important players in a game that you can close out and win a championship???????

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Hey I was just relaying information from my anonymous source. And of course quotes from Lebron about wanting to win titles.

#1695 Barcs, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

San Antonio ends this tonight. Like Magic said, "Pat Riley told us to pack 1 of everything. There is no need for 2 sets of clothes because we are going home after tonight".

17. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I dunno. The Heat haven't lost back to back games in ages. I don't see it happening now.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well nothing last forever :)

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Heat will win tonight but lose on Thursday.

I don't see Spurs winning tonight.