Adam Shefter:Sanchez impresses...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by onefanjet, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

2012.under Sparano. No holmes,no hill, no keller.

Wonder how Geno would have been without Austin.

2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Here comes junc and Hobbes....... You're looking at stats, you don't watch the game, average fan, scheme trouble, coach, surrounding talent, on and on and on.
    I hope sanchise does well but he looks a whole lot like a flop.
    If Geno gets it done, great! If McElroy gets it done, great! Just get it done, but Nacho has been more of a detriment to our team, which is not what u want in a Qb. Our defense is always above league average. Our offense has never been average.
    All the fabricated excuses that are brought up, prove that some people love players more than their team. Those will never get it, until they look at our team through unbiased eyes. It's a team game, and until those player fans can "see the game without Nacho glasses, they will never understand football!

3. Hobbes3259

Guess they havent found a cure for that extra chromosome yet.

4. tbruner12

Wow, but typical. I gave you an overall history of the jets with nacho in control, and you give that as a reply. You can't defend it, that nacho is a liability. Then and now. I hope he gets better and all, but your bias has blinded you.

5. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

2009 - Rookie with promise

2010 - Had some really clutch moments (Texans, Patriots, Colts)

2011 - I don't think this was as bad as people make it out to be. He still had I think 33 touchdowns. Turnovers could be cut down (This was with Plaxico who was useless between the 20's). If Shotty didn't have him throw 60 times during that giant game and the Miami meltdown never happened, we would probably have a diff. opinion of him.

2012 - No weapons basically the whole year, shotty O Line, No run game, Sparano as O Coordinator, Tebow

2013 - Proven offensive coordinator and QB coach, (hopefully) healthy WR corps and year 2 Hill should help a lot, decent running backs, decent line, and decent D.

I am not trying to make excuses for the kid, but the Jets really did everything possible to ruin his career (Got rid of Braylon, extension for no reason, trade for Tebow, roulette at WR, HC who cares nothing about O). I was as sick of Sanchez as everyone else last year (I still can't get over that Tennessee game), but I am not going to give up on him just yet. I know they say he impresses every year but I'm really rooting for the kid. How quickly people forget that he brought us to back to back AFCCG. I know you can point out the defense, but the kids numbers in the playoffs can't be denied. The kid can play, the Jets just need to help him. I think they're starting to realize that. If not, they were smart to get Geno in round 2. Looking forward to 2013!!!

6. Lehtonen

Lehtonen New Member

> "I'm not trying to make excuses for the kid"
    > makes excuses for the kid

[​IMG]

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The contract extension ruined Sanchez? Really?

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I could never figure out who the other 4 are...

9. tbruner12

2009 he kind of gets a pass for his below average play.
    2010 he played much better, but not consistent, too many turnovers, and did not lead the team.
    2011 he was good but absolutely choked down the stretch. Had yet to challenge an upper echelon defense. Plax was good for nacho, lets not start the no talent around him BS!
    2012 we all know he was the worst he could be.
    2013 nachos history leads to believe he is an over paid below average QB, starting over again.

#169 tbruner12, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  10. Hobbes3259

No. What you gave was ....here come junc and hobbes, so...i returned the favor.

Under Scotty, Sanchez, was a better QB rhan Penny. With a real OC...we might be aboe to win a game or fwo.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

All of the late games were disasters for different reasons. Against the Eagles Santonio Holmes all of a sudden became Captain Disastrous with a fumble and a tipped int on an easily catchable pass early on. Jets lost big.

Against the Giants Schotty couldn't just take what was there (the story of his career with the Jets) and Sanchez had a bad day.

Against the Fins Sanchez finally just crumbled and began throwing picks to the defensive line.

The collapse had been building for awhile though. Sanchez had no confidence at all in the second half of that year. After the loss to Denver his teammates made him wear a scarf to the post-game interview after he visibly flinched when a CB jumped at him when split out wide in the wild cat.

The game that destroyed Sanchez growth potential was much earlier in the season though. It was the Ravens game when Mangold was out and the Jets had Colin Baxter at Center against one of the best defensive fronts in the NFL. Sanchez looked around at that situation and suddenly realized it was all on him and he didn't have the goods. End of Franchise QB.

12. tbruner12

I understand that you hinge your hopes on this system change suddenly turning nacho into a middle of the pack QB. It may be a year or so before the defense and offense, currently being overhauled, show enough improvement to save his ass in NY.
    Your argument also implies that Nacho was better than Chad. You mean the one with a shitty throwing arm? Chads arm kept from being an excellent NFL QB. Not his brain and heart. Nacho has neither.
    And I'm the retarded person?

13. tbruner12

Maybe I'm a jackass but the ravens game is a factor in my loss of belief in him as a potential leader.
    When the roster is finished being changed, I don't think nacho will be part of it. He looks like a draft mistake, especially considering the money he got, for the production he has given the team.

14. Hobbes3259

The Ravens game?

Get in the ring, with Mike Tyson, then Ill question your manhood.Now, my calendar may differ from yiurs, but Insaw the guy get his ass beat in the first qtr of StL, four sacks, Chris Long...then go 15/20, and not need to throw the last 9 minutes of the game.

Yeah, he is mentally shot.

15. BleednGreen247

lol with tony sparano and those receivers no qb outside of the god manning would succeed

16. jack handy

jack handy Member

Lock him up long term NOW.......

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Yes…now would be the best financial time. Just ask nyjunc & hobbies! Both have compared him to the best and have said he is better than Flacco, Ryan & Eli…plus many others. He knows how to win BIG!!!

I’m thinking a contract just a little less than Payton…due it now before he gets away.

:lol:

18. Hobbes3259

Ummmmm....he's already locked up long term?

19. Hobbes3259

Yes. You are.

Nacho, wins more than Pennington. Who had a better OC,A HoF running back, Wayne Chrebet..coles...etc.

#179 Hobbes3259, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Sanchez couldn't be as accurate as Pennington if he walked up to the receiver and placed the ball in his hands.