Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Compare Penningtons TD/INT s before, during,and after Schotty.

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

"Significant Difference is Throwing Velocity" seen in Day 1 of Camp.

Man, i can Smell it.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Schotty didn't 'fucked up Pennington'. Pennington was oft injured. Then the one time Schotty had a great QB it's because Favre told him to 'stfu'? ridiculous.

Pennington even under Schotty was still pretty good and is better than anything Sanchez ever did in a season.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

As a rookie and a sophomore he had a good team around him I agree - Cotchery and Edwards were good targets for Sanchez and they both left the team after the 2nd season. Team first players - that didn't start for another team after leaving the Jets. I don't think the team was truly tailored to fit Mark's game and skill-set. When you draft a QB in the first round, you HAVE to make adjustments to the offense and Schottenheimer failed to do so. I'm a big fan of having a good coach on the offensive side of the ball. You see the QBs that are young that are starting, they have someone they can lean on to ask questions. I doubt Mark had that from day 1.

Sparano didn't call the plays while he was HC of Miami. Chad could of done so much more here in NY, if he stayed healthy. I vividly remember the end of Chad's career here consisting of long pass plays that take time to develop. That's not Chad's game in my opinion.

Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and many other QBs would die to score 32 TDs or have a 17TD - 13 INT type season - Pennington could of done so much better here as a Jet - the FO again did not live up to their end of the bargain IMO. Same story different result different QB.

Football is more-so a mental game then a physical game. He's mentally fragile, he never strung together 3 good games in his career. Each time he takes a big hit he begins to play scared. Remember when he drove us down the field in 2012 against Pittsburgh early on? Woodley or whoever it was gave him a nice hit in the pocket and he played like a bitch the rest of the game. Physically he wasn't injured but mentally, he played scared.

This game is mental test each and every Sunday, it's not "psychbabble"bullshit.

5. Hobbes3259

No, he wasnt. Penny was +1 in each of twoyears under schotty, throwing more i ts in those two years, than ever. sanchez went +4,+8.

And yes, favre refused to run much of Schottys playbook, but hey dont let facts get in the way of your obviiousky well informed opinion.

6. Hobbes3259

JB...some context please?

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Stafford had Megatron, Ryan had Roddie White and Turner running for 1700 yards and have added Julio Jones and a Hall of Fame TE, Flacco had Mason (when he was good), and Ray Rice and added Boldin, hell even Kap had Gore, Crabtree and Davis. Cinncy had Benson then added AJ Green and now this year they've added Eifert and Bernard in the first 2 rounds this year. We draft DE, DT, CB etc.

Most every successful team with a young QB surrounds the QB with talent and then continues to add it.

Not us. We get rid of it.

_

8. The 1985er

What "adjustments" did Schotty not make in Mark's 3rd season? You think in 3 years under Schotty Sanchez never leaned on Brian for advice?

Why does Pennington throwing int's is an indictment against Schotty? That literally makes no sense.

Favre didn't "refuse" to play Schotty's system. Post up some credible source (not bleacher report) where Favre said he refuse to play Schotty's system. What happened was that they played a simpler version of the WCO a system Favre played in a majority of his career in Green Bay. Keep in mind Favre was brought in a month before the season started, so of course changes were made.

9. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

That point has been obliterated over and over yet you continue on with this nonsense.

If it is all Schottenheimer's fault can you explain to me why Schottenheimer's passing O was ranked higher every year but 1 which was when Pennington was injured for half the season? In 4 years Mark's best ranking compared to Schottenheimer's worst was only 4 spots higher than when Shotty had Kellen Clemons for most of the season. :breakdance:

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/Schottenheimer.html

Also, not the best source, but written at the time that all this was occurring:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/463348-brett-favre-proof-that-hes-the-best-new-york-jets-oc-since-1998

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is it too difficult to accept the fact that both Schotty and Sanchez blow?

12. The 1985er

13. The 1985er

You put any all time great offensive coach and give them Sanchez and lets see how good their system really is. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Schotty didn't have his faults. But he gets way more blame than he truly deserves. Players make the coach, not the other way around. You can have a great system but if you don't have the personnel to execute the system then it doesn't work.

14. xxedge72x

You just made a double negative, which means you agreed with me (I know you actually aren't, just nitpicking). :)

Also, nyjetscap.com is one of the best Jets websites out there, and is absolutely a credible source, and I think many would back me up on that one.

Bleacher report is NOT a credible source, however you can still read between the lines and see the events that were transpiring that caused them to write about it to begin with.

15. The 1985er

nyjetscap.com is a good website but I'm not the most astute stat guy. I just watch the games and use my eyes. Pennington played well in 2006, of course you can nitpick but it is what it is.

16. xxedge72x

The article I posted shows statistically how Schottenheimer has been a QB killer with the system he runs. It's a really great analysis, I recommend at least giving it a look with an open mind.

All I'll say is thank God Schotty is gone and that Morningwood is here. Geno at least has a chance where Sanchez never did under that buffoon.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They are just praising Sanchez to drive up any value this could generate in a trade.

18. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

Shotty isn't great but can we use a little common sense? Pennington was coming off of TWO shoulder surgeries within 6 months of each other and had his 3rd different OC in 3 years. The article can point out the increase in interceptions, but that was the first year ever that Pennington started all 16 games. He set career highs in completions, passing attempts, and passing yardage. He attempted 115 more passes that year than his most recent high in 2004.

Favre was signed during the preseason and hadn't been in a new system for 16 years. The scoring O finished ranked as high as it had been since 98 and Favre didn't play bad until the last 5 games of the season. He had a torn biceps and partial tear in his rotator cuff. You don't think that had anything to do with him throwing only 2 TDS and 8 interception the last 5 games of the season?

If it is all Shotty I will ask again, why has Schottenheimer's passing O ranked higher without Sanchez every year but 1 which was when Pennington was injured for half the season? In 4 years Mark's best ranking compared to Schottenheimer's worst was only 4 spots higher than when Shotty had Kellen Clemons for most of the season.

19. xxedge72x

Perhaps Sanchez being a rookie had something to do with it? Pennington was a vetted veteran and Favre at the twilight of a hall of fame career.

You can't make excuses for the rest of them and then not factor in that Sanchez had only played in 13 games ever prior to starting for the Jets.

20. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Let's plz remember schottys play calling against Pittsburgh. In the playoffs in the redzone, the guy calls 3 running plays up the gut, but not with S. Greene but Tomlinson!

That alone is fire worthy. Idk why how some fans blame Sanchez for that drive, makes zero sense.

Schotty did not make any qbs life easier whether you are a stats guy or a eyes guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.