Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You must read the books. And you just told everyone that doesn't, that both of those characters survive until at least the end of book five.

Spoiler alert, you dummy.

2. abyzmul

"This video is private"

3. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I was also wondering what happened to the Starks Brother who got married they didnt show him being killed. And what is Sams roll in all of this? I think he will play a major factor in the whole picture being that he is the only one to kill a white walker.

4. abyzmul

I haven't watched much of the show, but at this point, if they are doing it right, you know that a) Sam is a pure of heart character that has courage where he thinks he does not, b) is a true scholar that seeks knowledge for the sake of knowledge and not for personal gain, and c) is a genuine human being, not a manipulator.

He's a very good character, and I hope that he has a real future in the end of the books, and the series as well. His chapters are enjoyable.

He was chosen by Aemon for good reasons.

Dammit, now I'm going to start reading the series again.

5. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Do you mean Catelyn's uncle, the Blackfish? He left to take a piss, so wasn't killed in the fighting. In the book he wasn't even there at the time.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Edmure and the Blackfish are Tullys, not Starks.

Odds are they weren't killed and will be taken as hostages. Pretty sure that's what happened to Edmure in the books. As someone said the Blackfish wasn't there in the book, he was still at Riverrun, not sure who (if anyone) was left behind to watch it. Also wouldn't be surprised if the Blackfish escaped somehow and is heading back to Riverrun just for future events to line up.

7. deerow84

Still lots of stuff from book three for next season, I don't think they will have a problem. For book four they may have a bit more trouble holding people's interest IMO. I guess there are a lot of new characters to introduce but the hard part is going to be that if it follows the same format of the book there are entire story lines that will be omitted for two seasons, people will forget everything by the time the first season of book five hits.

Note: not really a story spoiler but for those who haven't read the books the fourth one focuses solely on the south (i.e.Kingslanding and surrounding areas) and the fifth focuses a solely on the north and across the seas (i.e. the wall and I don't remember the name of the other continent).

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The logical thing for them to do is to take books 4 & 5 together and address them chronologically, more or less.

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I also think they can cut out a LOT of book 4... honestly the first 800 pages of book 4 are probably the most boring read of the entire Ice and Fire series. It was necessary in order for things later to make sense, but from a tv standpoint I'm sure they can find a way to give the highlights without ruining the momentum of the series.

10. abyzmul

You're probably right, now that I think about it. From what I understand, they have cut enough meaningful stuff out of the first few seasons that it would be easy to prune a few dull characters completely out of AFFC.

11. xxedge72x

Not to mention, I don't think even HBO will go so far as to have a dirty old man sitting in his chair watching a bunch of naked kids running around.

12. abyzmul

He always did strike me as a total pedo. It's no wonder that his daughter turned into a total whore.

#1212 abyzmul, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  13. deerow84

Yeah I guess but over four seasons with so many characters it will feel like zero progress is being made in any, unless they cut out some plot lines.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Don't forget that there is a huge chunk of ASOS that hasn't been done yet. I think the next season is 80% from ASOS and stories such as Brienne and Theon will be a bit ahead.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hmmm underwhelming finale. I really thought they were going to show a particular part of the book tonight...I guess next season

16. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

It wasn't an epic finale as I hoped it to be but it did pave the way for what's to come. Maybe they should of ended the season off last weeks show that was more dramatic. But Tyrion is a funny guy "But you put the king to bed without supper" LOL that had to be the line of the show.

I do love how one minute you hate a character then the next you start to love them its shows good writing......

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

How can you not love Davos. Great character.

18. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Always felt like Davos was just another way of bringing Eddard back into the story. He is almost exactly the same. Not a bad thing though.

19. xxedge72x

I'd say they are different, however they both do what they feel is right. The difference is that Ned's honor defined him, while Davos believes he has no honor.

20. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Yeah. Davos is driven by loyalty and duty.