Verizon giving phone records to NSA

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Jetfanmack, Jun 6, 2013.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I'm a rainy cloud today so I'll just leave it at this.

I believe it is more "competitive" today than it has ever been. Be smart and don't put yourself in unnecessary financial holes like going to a private university (on your own dime) or going after that Masters Degree. If you're a guy learn a trade and if you're a lady get into management, finance or fashion. Minimize student loans; get in the field, learn and make money.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The current administration isn't Liberal by any definition of the term. Obama spent his entire first term squirming to the right, including passing the Republicans proposed national health care plan almost intact.

The fact that the Republicans raced rightward faster than he did and came out against their own plan doesn't change the fact that what passed was extremely moderate in its overall effect.

The last two Democratic Presidents have been portrayed as Liberal by the disloyal opposition but the fact is that neither one would have been even close to the center of the Democratic party from 1968 to 1988. They'd both have been way out on the right, like Scoop Jackson.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In this case the law is worse. Obama is obeying the law as written by the Gestapo voted in by Libertarians. You can't bitch about the President obeying the law if you are voting in legislators who are drafting laws like the Patriot act.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The world war two generation is dead. They were classic liberals who saw real tyranny and despised it. I'm afraid that era is behind us.

5. Br4d

Most of the trades are accessible to women also. The Norwich Technical School is one of the best trade schools in the country and it has close to a 50/50 enrollment male/female.

I know a couple of girls who went there as aspiring electricians.

6. Br4d

The redistribution of wealth is what has largely stopped in this era. It's a transition. By 2050 we'll be redistributing again just as strongly as we were in the 1950's. That'll be in the aftermath of WWIII - which is going to leave the world largely unlivable for the average person in the absence of that redistribution.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

8. wexy

wexy Member

I was wondering why President Obama called me up this morning and said "Rich, How was The National concert at Barclays last night?" "Good, Mr. President but how did you know I was there.?" "You used your Verizon phone to tell Amanda where to meet before the show."

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm glad I have AT&T. They'll never know about my illustrious plots to take over the world.

10. Br4d

AT&T is probably the worst offender among the major communications companies.

It isn't the government's business to know who everybody is talking too. If they have a suspicion about somebody then they can go get a warrant to wiretap them and at that point they'll wind up getting other people dragged in also. It's not the government's business to sweep everybody's communication links up for further use. It just isn't.

The founding fathers would have been horrified if anybody proposed keeping a ledger of who was mailing who that encompassed all letters mailed. They'd have seen that as an outright assault on the Constitution. And they were fighting for their freedom on a constant basis for two generations against a hostile world power with known sympathizers living in the US.

11. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Sadly the American Dream died with WWII. After that we developed into a nation of crybabies and everything needs to be fair pussies. I blame the baby boomers, fucking hippies. All their bullshit from the 60's haunting us today. They've turned into anything worse than their parents and your and my generation are going to be even worse.

13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

If you have nothing to hide, you don't have anything to fear.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The government has no business knowing who I call and when. Ayfkm?

What if they decide to use the info they're collecting to punish people who they believe are against their political views? I can't believe anyone would find this acceptable.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that kind of yellow belly meek response is what they count on... oh well if i am nto doing anything wrong it doesnt mean anything to me...

ugh i want to punch a kitten just reading that shit.

16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

totally agree here. Most people have no idea how many things they dod that they can be "punished" for. My accountant pointed out things to me,and i thought i was the biggest do gooder on earth when it came to taxes.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its just so frustrating to see people give away rights, rights that people fought very fucking hard for. that people died for and have continued to die for protecting and these fucking pansies say oh well im not doing anything wrong so it doesnt bother me.

until they decide you ass raping yourself with a wire hanger isnt cool anymore and they take the cameras you let them put in your bedroom as evidence and convict you of being a dipshit.

and on fucking d day of all days to say some retarded shit like that.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

April 25th this year, hmm wonder if the request was tied to the Boston Marathon bombings. I would guess it is.

Am I reading this correctly, they have all the data but not the actual conversations of phone calls? Wonder how easily or if this is already being done for text messages.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're guessing that they didn't have any data before that. This is just the first one that has gone public.

And Verizon is the one that had an exec willing to sell information.

Maybe he's from somewhere else. Like Syria.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LOL. Are you ever going to stray outside the realm of typical, boring and predictable doofus?

You're one of those guys that uses cliches to sound witty.

When you are laying on the floor with a boot on your neck, you will be thinking "at least I have clean underpants on".

Go watch American Idol while your brain dies inside your head.