Moffat: New York Jets Quarterback Situation Getting Worse

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by onefanjet, May 25, 2013.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Deschain takes it up the ass, do-dah, do-dah...

Buffalo, New York .... Buffalo, New York .... Buffalo, New York .... Buffalo, New York ....

I'm sorry, what was it again you were trying to say? .....

2. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Nope. If Geno sucks with the Jets, I'll be one of the first to call him out for it. I don't make excuses...

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Maybe the Bills should have traded for Revis....

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Any teammate who wants Sanchez under center can leave with him

He's a bum and we won't win anything with him at QB

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I fucking hate the offseason.

6. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

Regardless whether a "story" has been reported about "unnamed" Jet player(s)
    claiming a majority of Jet team-mates feel it's time for a new qb; Regardless that this is ONLY May and the 1st rd of OTA's; the fact remains that Mark came in and threw 3 INTS during a freakin' PRACTICE SESSION!!
    So what that Hill & Holmes were not in the line-up; shouldn't he at the LEAST have LEARNED that if it's not available either eat the ball or throw the pass away!!?? These mistakes, especially when you're fighting for your NFL "life" should and MUST be avoided at ALL COSTS!! Mark, your @ss is on the line so quit the insanity.
    Before any-1 lumps me in with the "It's only the 1st OTA so chill", "It's only May"
    blah-blah-blah, I've been a Jet-Junkie since '67 & have SEEN IT ALL from my JETS! Like I have stated in a prev thread, I like Mark & would luv nothing more than for him to succeed, but if he can't maintain any semblance of a efficient qb than F#CK him...he's gotta be shelved! Don't care if it's the 1st OTA, 1st preseason game or 1st game vs Lord Revis & the Bucs; He's been in the game long enuff to know what NEEDS to be done!

'Nuff said!

7. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Sanchez knows this is his last shot he's not a rookie anymore Geno is allowed growing pains Mark is not

8. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much Geno can learn watching

He needs to be groomed and molded

I've never seen a team have a quarterback competition and go far

You find your guy and you mold him you coax him into what you want him to be

MM and Idzik need to do whatever it takes to make Geno successful and it starts with building the offense around his strengths like Seattle did with Wilson, Washington did with Griffin and San Francisco did with Kaepernick

I feel like we're going to make a huge mistake pitting Sanchez at the forefront of this team with a potential packed kid in Geno who can be our franchise QB

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm a Jets fan first, a fan of the players second. Sanchez had 4 seasons to prove he was an average or better QB, or at least show substantial improvement across the board, especially in taking care of the ball. But instead his baseline has been consistant over the 4 years, yes he had a spike in a category or two that provided hope. But they appear to have been statistical anomalies and this is reinforced by the fact that the anomalies occured in different seasons with the previous anomalies returning to his baseline.

I don't hate Sanchez, I'm disappointed, but I don't hate him. I rooted for Al Woodal back in the day, I was disappointed when he didn't work out after Namath...(sometimes I think Namath roots for Sanchez in hopes that he'll break Namath's career Interception record). But as a fan of the team I just realize that the odd's of Sanchez being the guy have dropped to less than 1-30, probably 1-50 at this point in time.

People like to blame Schotty, but fact is Schotty with the jets and an accurate but not strong armed QB were top 10 in passing twice, would have been 3 times if Penny hadn't gone done and Kellen had half a season of miserable (but remarkably similar to Sanchez's numbers) football. Schotty also had 3 top 15 offenses, or was it 2 top 10 offenses and one top 18? anyways. That season that Penny went down show's the impact that "Fantasy stats" have on a team. Penny was replaced by a sub 55% high turn over QB and the teams offense tanked.
    Shame because I had high hopes for Kellen, reasonably strong arm, no accuracy.

It's not whether the team is winning or losing this year, or last, but whether there is confidence that the QB can truly lead the team. 4 year leader, or near leader, in turnovers and bottom of the pack in every measurable, including having the 3rd or 4th longest pocket time of any QB in the league, just doesn't cut it.

Maybe Geno is the guy, maybe he's not. But the odds at this point are better that Geno is more likely than Sanchez to be the guy.

10. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

If you have a problem with the city, take some time and write a letter to Albany.

11. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

Thats why we wet and stole from your defensive coaching staff.

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

to the Jets or prison?

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Wait... theres a difference?

*insert drum sting*

14. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

It's the 80/20 rule.