Who has the potential to be the next Jet star?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, May 22, 2013.

?

Who do you believe will be the next Jet star?

1. Mo Wilkerson

71 vote(s)
    38.4%
  2. Sheldon Richardson

23 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Quinton Coples

24 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Dee Milliner

12 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Geno Smith

23 vote(s)
    12.4%
  6. Stephen Hill

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  7. Jeremy Kerley

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Chris Ivory

17 vote(s)
    9.2%
  9. Other (post who)

4 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Tommy Gunnz

Tommy Gunnz Member

Mo Wilk is already on his way to being a star

2. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Sheldon Richardson is going to beast mode. No problem with anyone on the list though.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Hill's blazing speed don't mean jackshit if he can't hold onto the ball. I want to see Hill be an every down reliable WR with SURE HANDS before people start tagging him a gamebreaker. Baby steps for Hill.

4. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Well he needs to be given the chance and health to do this so hopefully this year will pan out

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Hopefully he does pan out however he still needs to prove that he has reliable hands which is his biggest question mark coming into this year.

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

No, we can't.

I think Mo is the only one who will be anything good for us and in the league.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

In the minimal plays that Coples had we can already see the production he will have. He finished with 5.5 sacks last year (should have had 8.5 but 3 got taken back due to penalties (roughing the passer x1 and hands to the head x2). The kid is going to be a stud. Maximum of 3 years before our D-Line is one of, if not THE best in football. However, I did vote for Wilkerson has the one with the best potential to be the next Jet star.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

I like Wilkerson, and I think that he will be great, but I think that Coples has a shot to be the best player on this team. Wilkerson is almost there already, but I think Coples will battle him for it. Only reason I could see Coples struggling is because of the position change. If he continues to play as he did last year at this new position, then there's no reason why he won't be named one of the best in the league. Like someone else said, he had 5.5 sacks, which could of been 8 but he was penalized for them.

I could still remember Coples breaking through the line in the Jaguars game, got into Hennes face causing him to just throw it up and Lanksterbi believe picked it.

The guy is going to be a beast.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Its got to be Wilkerson, cause everybody else in that list is a big question mark, outside of kerley, I hope they all become good NFL players ??????

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Its got to be Wilkerson, cause everybody else in that list is a big question mark, outside of kerley, I hope they all become good NFL players

11. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

12. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

While Wilkerson is a great player, being a star = sacks and Wilkerson just isnt that kind of player.

13. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

kerley

he is gonna have some serious production in mornhinwegs offense

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I think the question was "who has the potential to be the next Jet star," not "who has the potential to be the next Jet whose average at best player that gets paid like a star."

Also Wilk is the clear pick here; he's already playing at a near-elite level and only needs to continue to develop and get some media attention to be considered a "star."

15. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Yeah, if he had a little more PR you could practically consider him a star right now. He's going to be a good one for a long while, regardless of if the Jets run a 4-3 or 3-4.

16. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

This is a tough question.

I really think Coples and Richardson can be Pro Bowlers.

I'm also big on Geno and Milliner.

#36 ajetsfan4ever, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  17. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

I voted for Wilkerson even though I think he's already a star. Coples has already flashed a lot of promise, so I wouldn't be surprised if he follows the same path as Wilkerson.
    But we need a star on offense. I doubt Kerley will be pro-bowl level but he is definitely a serviceable starter. Hill showed potential too, so he's got a good chance of being a star.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wilkerson is already a star. Ranked #2 amongst all DEs should qualify. Only thing that sucks is we're going to have to pay him in a couple years.

I'm rolling with Hill to have a breakout season this year.

19. 518

518 Member

Pro Football Focus ranked Mo Wilkerson the 2nd most productive 3-4 DE behind JJ Watt. That's fantastic. Very under the radar and shame on the Jets for not promoting his jersey sales. He alone will draw double teams making it easier for Coples, Richardson and even guys like Barnes to get sacks. The dude is for real.

20. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

I know this teams can change different defensive schemes, but lets be realistic and say that the Jets run 3-4 most of the time.

It's hard enough to get a sack as a 3-4 defensive lineman. Unless you happen to be JJ Watt. Sacks do not make a defensive lineman elite in general. That is not their responsibility in a 3-4!!!

The OLB is responsible for getting the sack in a 3-4. Plus, Wilkerson is good at getting to the QB.