Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Great episode. Was also hoping Joffrey dies. I can't decide if I'd rather him learn he isn't the king and wed out of incest, or die. Gotta respect Tyrion

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The last two episodes have had examples of two of the worst blue balls ever.

3. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Tyrion is really slowly asserting himself and Joffrey is such a little punk who hides behind his power and if he gets into a fight he will get a whooping. The Lord of light lady I'm still trying to figure out what she is trying to do.

I know there is 2 episodes left but I really hope it doesnt take long for the show to return like it did this last time it ended. MWhy does it take like 6 months or more as in the case of this season it was like almost a year till the show returned

#1103 tanknyc, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I can't believe they're making us wait two weeks for the next episode!!

5. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

^ Memorial day weekend, that is why. This is the case with almost all shows.

6. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I like how in order to cut out a lot of filler they consolidated the role of Edric Storm into Gendry's character. Now they don't have to seige Storm's End and explain who Cortnay Penrose is and all of that.

They also did this Daario Naharis. They just made him a 2nd Son instead of a Storm Crow, consolidating 2 sell sword armies into just one. I hate that it takes a bit of drama out of the storyline but these are the moves they need to be making. Now they just need to stay on track and not insert their own filler scenes that make no sense.

7. akibud

akibud Active Member

Daenerys is banging and bad-ass! and I'm not usually into platinum blondes.

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

ehhhh, id take her to school but i still hope she gets put down hard in the end.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'd like to see him learn he is not the king, watch him cry about it, and then die

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Probably to give the slow-ass writer of the book series more time to finish the books, so that the HBO series doesn't catch up to it too quickly.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Some AWESOME shots of Dany's ass :) Everyone was waiting for that. I remember reading something somewhere that she's trying so hard to not be nude in any more scenes.

When the guy (don't remember his name) dropped all the heads on the floor, I was in shock. I hope Dany takes down the people of Yungki. I also really liked the scene with the Hound and Arriya. Returning her to the Starks for some serious $$$.

Wish we didn't have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode, but oh well. These last 2 episodes are definitely going to be awesome. Does anyone know how many seasons they are going to have? Its awesome that there are so many different storylines, it just sucks that the show is only an hour and there isn't enough time to explain all of them.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Can't believe no one has mentioned what I believe to be a major piece in the jigsaw, Samwell found what appears to be a spear head (flint) and its able to kill white walkers...

EDIT SPOILER ALERT....

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I'm pretty shocked too honestly. Though the show doesn't seem to put the same emphasis on the imposing doom of "the others" as the book does. These guys are not to be %#@&ed with.

Winter is coming.

Which is something else that havent really talked about too much on the show. Summers and winters last for years on end. I believe the summer that they are currently in has lasted 8 years.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

In the first season they did with old nan telling the story to Bran. That was a great scene, chilling. After that, they really haven't. There has been just too much bullshit. In a world that is suppose to be violent and challenging they just focus the show way too much on drama and lovey dovey bullshit; that in the grand scheme account for zero importance.

I have a feeling we will get wars in the next two episodes. Stannis, foreshadowed what he saw in the fire, a huge battle in the snow; and Dany has 10,000+ soldiers standing outside a city, so that should lead to something. The "Black water" battle scene was awesome though. It will be tough to top that.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Agree on both.

There are 2 episodes left this season? Maybe an unexpected death, plus the changing landscape because of a war for a cliffhanger. That would be my guess on how they try to leave this season hanging

16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I can't wait to see all of your reactions in these next 2 episodes...

It may seem that way, and don't get me wrong some of it just is BS. But there's also a lot of backstory information for plots that are currently taking place and foreshadowing of later events.

#1116 DarrelleRevis.Human?, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
  17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

No thrones today :(

I may have to sacrifice a few leeches in honor of my boy Stannis Baratheon to help me cope tonight lmao

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I can't wait for these next 2 episodes. Does anyone know how many seasons of this show there are going to be?

19. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Well the plan for the books is for 7 but if I were producing the series I would combine books 4 and 5 into one season. So figure 6 or 7 seasons probably.

20. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I don't think they'll be able to do that. Hell, book 3 is being split into two seasons. I think they'll probably take at least two and maybe three seasons for books 4 and 5, but run the story lines concurrently.