2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You obviously want it or you wouldn't say such outlandish things.

My posts are generally not put under a microscope because I'm careful to avoid outrageous statements.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its not just this board, every forum ive gone to since 2005 ive been like a magnet, everyone feels the urge to read and critique me and label me. Cant even have a conversation without someone questioning me....

=/

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Most of "your" posts smack of trolling. The fact that now, under this username, you are trying to go legit...

The only thing it means to me is that your primary account was banned.

All I have to do is scan your post history to know that this post is horse shit.

4. abyzmul

That halftime take was a pile of crap.

My eyeballs were falling out by halftime considering how the Spurs were doing. Memphis typically figures out how to close off the inside lanes against the Spurs without leaving perimeter shooters open.

This game seems more to me as an anomaly than what to expect in this series.

This was my nightmare matchup for the Spurs.

Still not sure they can advance.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This is my primary account, what are you talking about?

6. abyzmul

Your existence on this forum. It sort of changed. From the laughable posts that started it to the pseudo-serious ones that define it now.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Agreed on all points.

I expect a very competitive series, it was surprising that Game 1 was so one sided.

I don't think any Spurs fan could've been elated by the matchup, given the other options. I would've rather faced any of the other four teams (taking out the two the Spurs beat, as well as Memphis and San Antonio themselves).

So to say that this was a dream matchup for the Spurs is just foolish.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It changed because I was under constant attack from guys like 624 who quoted every last post I made.

9. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Spurs vs Heat ...and the heat are gonna win 4-2

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

^I think it's a coin flip...

The Spurs bums almost beat our starters...Good lord was that embarrassing...

And now Wade is injured...

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ive been saying it to a lot of people, I think Heat vs Spurs is destiny now. After the Spurs got fined 500k for benching their starters against the Heat, I felt like the basketball gods were up to something. It reminds me of the Giants-Patriots. I think the Spurs getting fined 500k was a foreshadow of the inevitable finals, add the fact its an odd year (2013) i got more suspicious. Spurs have only gone to the finals in the odd years which adds to the fuel.

Also could you imagine the hype? The Spurs usually get ignored in their past finals, but now if they go against the hype team in the Heat, people will be watching no matter who the Heat play. Lebron going for the repeat, Duncan and Pop going for the 5th title, both of whom are undefeated in the finals. Then you got big 3 vs big 3.

Im getting to ahead though, lets see how this plays out.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Uhh the Spurs were not ignored in their past finals appearance. It was Lebron's first finals appearance, there was so much hype around it and whether one player can beat a team.

And Wade is seriously hurt, or the same injury?

13. abyzmul

Very clever. Not really, though.

14. abyzmul

Isn't Wade always hurt?

15. displacedfan

^^ Fair point. That's why I was clarifying. Is it the knee that needs taping or another injury that's new? I can't keep track

16. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

They (media) say its a bone bruise on his right knee that he keeps tweaking...

I think its structural once again...

He was healthy during that winning streak but the team decided that streak was important (fucking idiots) and Wade played too hard during it and cause the injury...

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ratings wise it was horrible. The series with the Pistons and Nets were also not exactly rating monsters either.

#597 soxxx, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  18. displacedfan

Oh yeah that seems like it randomly doesn't hurt him or impacts his game. Like game 5 against CHI was a roller coaster for him, playing terrible and looking like the knee slowed him down, the the 4th quarter he seemed better and flying around like the old Wade. That's a wild card going forward

Ratings have suffered dramatically after the finals switch from NBC to ABC. ABC/ESPN also struggled to promote the finals compared to NBC when the switch initially occurred so that explains 2003 partially.

2005, the first 4 games were blowouts. More on the games than the teams, the winning margins were:
    15, 21, 17, 31. Then ratings rose for the 1, 7, 7 point games. Longer the series and closer the game, usually the higher ratings. The Spurs last finals series was over quick and the one before that had 4 straight blowouts. I don't think you can lump all ratings suffering on just it being the Spurs. It had a lot of extra factors like the actual games not being close or the series not being competitive.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Agreed but lets be serious the Spurs arent the most attractive team... We dont get many national games during the season and I cant even remember the last time we played on Christmas, its been years, and xmas is supposed to be for the premier teams yet the Spurs dont get put on because they know other teams will draw more attention.

Also look at the local teams, the Spurs games are easy to get into.I got into MSG for 20 bucks to see San Antonio, while a team like the Cavaliers at the time would run for like 100 at the cheapest.

#599 soxxx, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  20. displacedfan

They're not the most attractive, but there are a ton of other circumstance why the ratings aren't high besides themselves.

Where do you get tickets for 20 bucks? I went to the Spurs/Knicks game at MSG this year and stubhub at the cheapest at $140-180 range.