Jake Steinberg: RB Goodson arrested for drug/weapon possession

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, May 17, 2013.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i agree, except : didn't he already collect the signing bonus ( $ 1 million) ?:sad::mad::drunk:

2. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Actually, the Jets' catch phrase is "PLAY LIKE A JET".

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Still waiting.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think that's what he said at all. I think you need to reread the post. There is an element of truth to what he says. Now I wouldn't have used the words impovershed because I think it's very broad but in a lot of these cases that is the norm. I've seen it far too many times, way too many adults taking advantage of a young gifted athlete for their own benefit and in doing so they set no ground rules for the kid. In most cases it's a single parent home and the coach plays the role of "dad" until you can longer do anything for dad because the AAU coach is afraid the kid will go play with another AAU team, the high school coach worried about the kid transfering to the school next town over, the college coach afraid of being fired so they allow these kids to walk on water which does nothing to benefit the kid because it teaches him nothing about personal responsibility. Little Johnny failed math, oh no biggie here come the adminstrators to the rescue because that class is too hard, oh you're going to the NBA after your freshman year, ok you only need to make sure you stay eligable for one semester and after that I don't care if you ever show up for class. In the case of Steve Alford, you raped that girl...ok I'll intimidate her so she'll shut up. In the case of Dave Bliss, oh you killed your teammate, no biggie I'll attempt to cover it up so you can still play ball.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

how about we somehow compile a list of players in pro sports that have been charged with drugs/weapons.

6. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Did you clean your klan robes for the next big cross burning ?

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

I agree 100%. But since we can't change that for now, I'm posting what goes through my head about this situation, and only reason I post it is because like I said before, I'm still a High School kid but it seems like I'm way more mature than Mike Goodson.

8. typeOnegative13NY

ha,what a load of shit responce. like i said,compile the names and get back to me. dont skirt the fukin truth with this cop out shit

9. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Sad as it is, I have seen and heard plenty of white kids calling each other the " N " word. An I am talking kids from well to do families with quality educations.
    I have also seen young men such as a guy name Curtis Martin come from that same environment turn into a a fine art collector and others going on to productive wholesome lives.

Just don't judge a whole group of people by the actions of some young foolish one making poor choices.

10. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Isn't interesting that you, who wish to condone ignorance, could not compile a cohesive response without resorting to the use of foul language. Just saying...

11. typeOnegative13NY

i think i said it twice in this thread,it doesn't go for everyone. Curtis M is a rareity,unfortunately. But there are others like him. But lets not pretend that growing up in certain classes,and having your talents cover for the lack of teaching of how to conduct yourself in society does not play a role. Sometimes all you get are more wealthy gangsters. And i am sorry that it seems i am targeting one certain group of people,but there is a whole music genre that does not help by promoting the actions they end up in trouble for. If these people were made to actually be acountable for their education as well as their actions along their way,you would most likely never see them in a uniform. I am judging a group of people that gifted a life most of us could only dream of,and am disappointed that the gif could not outweigh the lack of what they missed while getting there. Someone brought up Ryan Leaf,yup trash comes from all angles. There are plenty of spoiled rich kids in schools across America raping girls,getting in drunken wrecks that someone will attempt to cover for too.

#191 typeOnegative13NY, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
  12. typeOnegative13NY

that is because your klan robe comment in my opinion warranted the words shit and fuck.

13. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

I know the arresting officer, Goodson isn't going to take the fall for this, his friend who was driving is. Goodson was passed out in the back of the car when this happened.

#193 21stAmendment, May 17, 2013
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i would imagine your friend the arresting officer would probably not be too happy about you telling US what he said.

i love white people.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Yep, he's going to tell some random guy on a message board sensitive details about a case.

16. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

1. I'm not "some random guy on a message board" I grew up with the guy.
    2. I didn't give you any "sensitive details". And most of what I was told has already been written and spoken.

#196 21stAmendment, May 17, 2013
  17. typeOnegative13NY

if thats the case,might want to pick better friends to hang out with if you have things to lose like an NFL career. I'm not doubting what you are saying,i just think it would be strange that the guy with the NFL career would magically be passed out and not at fault.

18. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

His friend is "his bodyguard". I also heard Goodson bailed out his friend, put down the money. And when I say passed out, I mean shit faced drunk and passed out.

19. mikey

mikey Active Member

What are the chances Bradshaw signs a contract similar to Goodson's? Also, will cutting Goodson affect the cap or does misbehavior give us the option without a cap hit?

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Bradshaw doesn't have the game breaking speed Goodson possesses