Ian Rapoport : David Garrard No Longer a Jet?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DMarsh6, May 15, 2013.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Panic setting on OMG Mark may start. Mark will start and for one very important reason Rex wants to win. Just because the media think the Jets will suck does not mean the jets think they will.

Yes folks Mark gives the jets the best chance to win until he does not anymore.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Stop using fantasy stats and watch sanchez throw terrible pass after terrible pass on screen plays or backs still in or just swinging out of the backfield. It's possibly his biggest weakness behind being retarded.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No it's not..Sanchez started as a rookie and Sanchez is now dead to the Jets..nobody on earth is expecting the Jets to compete this year so it doesn't matter..they can say there is a competition but unless he gets hurt Smith will be the starter.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You're shocked that Garrard couldn't stay healthy?

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Wait until TC lol people are going to go nuts on this board. Geno is raw the man needs time, he's got alot of potential rather not see that wasted because we rushed him onto the field.

Let Mark take the bumps and bruises. He's certainly better than any of the other QB options on the market.

Btw Mark is awful at screen passes. I think that can be coached up tho.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Sanchez probably has about a 50 percent chance of starting the season at this point. It's going to come down to how quickly geno can absorb the offense.

7. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

It was a pipe dream to think that Garrard was going to be healthy all year this year, but I didn't expect him to go down in training camp. Sad day, I always liked Garrard, even if he was just plainly mediocre

8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Funny how Sanchez didn't have problems with screen passes or short passes 2 years ago with the veteran L. Tomlinson. I don't buy he can't throw screens and shortpasses that makes absolutely zero sense.

I can buy we didn't have the system and personnel for short passes. The amount of hate Sanchez gets is def overboard, but someone has got to be the scapegoat. Plus its easy to hate the guy always ob tv with the ball on every play.

A NFL qb can't make short passes???

lmao!!?

Are we seriously writing this stuff, & believing it?

Believe or not Sanchez is a NFL Qb and CAN make ALL the throws, the real problem is CONSISTENCY.

#208 azhar80, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

If Sanchez does start having a better offensive line and running game should help him somewhat.

10. Don

It's a new offense to Sanchez too so he will have the same learning curve that Smith does and I still think Smith gets the nod.

11. Don

Do you watch the games? Have you not seen the many short passes he either throws into the ground, 5 yards in front or behind the receiver or over the receiver's head and into the defense's hands? There is a reason he had 24 turnovers two years in a row.

12. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I've hit a 300 yard drive, stuck a 7 iron within a few inches, and had rounds of golf where I've putted fantastic. Never all in the same round though. Just because you have the ability to do things once, doesn't mean you're good at it.

I don't think all the blame is on Sanchez for why he failed. But he did. Period.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

You, are not watching the games.

He put 91 on players out of the backfield in 2011, while scoring 32 times.

Ps he was second in the NFL in red zone efficiency in 2011.

14. azhar80

Tomlinson, past his prime, alone had 450 yards receiving in his last year with the Jets.

How many receiving yards did our stallions Greene and Powell get less than 300!

Hard to say it's Sanchez who can't passwhen his rbs or the game plan is amateur at best.

15. Hobbes3259

Failed how?

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

me thinks woody wood like nothing better than to start the shiny new rookie against tampa - if the preseason performances/stats are close.

OR what if sanchez does get the nod and shits the bed in week 1 - do u throw smith at the pats in week 2.

oh i can see it now - sanchez pulls a 10 for 26 with 3 ints (2 to revis) against the bucs at home. man the fans will be calling for smith by the 3rd quarter.

#216 jilozzo, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  17. azhar80

Funny how facts get in the way of hate when is convenient.

I am no Sanchez lover but our offense sucked from top to bottom and the injuries did not help.

Sanchez deserves to prove himself with a competent oc and if he sucks cut him, simple. I have a feeling Sanchez will have a great year in this system.

Lets get Braylon and another Te.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hobbes - off topic here but gotta say that avatar is looking better and better these days....dontcha think??

lol

19. Hobbes3259

Dude, Sanchez has been the day one starter, since Idzik got here.

There was a bevy of young healthy QBs to sign, including Matt Flynn (hot garbage).

Garrard was not brought here to play, he was brought here to whitewash Sanchez for the fan base. There was no possible scenario of Garrard starting. I said that from the day they signed him.

He was never getting on the field, and...while I love the idea of him mentoring Smith(i think the jets should keep him as the 3 with the clipboard)

The Jets arent looking for Smith to supplant Sanchez. If they were Milliner isnt a Jet. Richardson goes at 9, Smith goes at 13.

At 39....Smith is...a value pick.

20. Hobbes3259

Yes, Irs scandals, benghazi cover ups...hey, hes fucking up the government so much, no one is even paying attention to his lavish party and vacation agenda.:rofl2: