4th quarter overall

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by curtisstaysforever28, Sep 11, 2006.

1. curtisstaysforever28

i dont know what the hell happend to our defense but it seemed like they just decided to stop playing. i've seen sooooo many threads on how wonderful we were yesterday but i'm still concerned. if our defense just decides to stop playing in the 4th quarter every week then we wont win another game.

2. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

You have to remember 1 of those TDs was from giving up the ball on our 1-yd line.

And they did ultimately stop them on the last drive.

What did annoy me was giving up two straight 2-pt conversions

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i think we fell into a prevent defense in the fourth....also known as "if your gonna score, its gonna eat up the clock" type of defense...we gave them the points pretty much....i dont agree with the call, but then again im not the coach

4. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The defense was just on the field too much. We tried to run it and went 3 and out everytime. The defense was very very solid yesterday.

5. Chadwick747

Chadwick747 New Member

SonofDinger: Definitely right with the fumble, so we shouldn't lay the responsibility totally on the defense.

But I think it's a fair criticism of this defense saying that we didn't finish the game really well. It's something to be concerned about. We let them run on us for a bunch of yards, so maybe not having that big presence in the middle is creeping up on us? I'd have to watch the game back again to know for sure.

Yes, Nugent should have done his job and put the Titans away when he had to, but considering the situation we were in, our defense should have had a bigger presence in the 4th than they did.

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

What are the odds of allowing 2 2-point conversions in the same game? That bugged me too. But everyone gives a cushion late in the game. Problem is, they usually tackle the receiver where he catches the ball. Our guys were in another zip code or just missing tackles. They will clean that up. Bottom line--defense really only allowed one score. I am somewhat optimistic

7. curtisstaysforever28

ya ya i'm optimistic too but i was just saying like that cant go on every week. cuz unlike kerry collins and the not so special titans, tom brady and the pats will most definitely take advantage of the lack of effort or w/e u want to call it that the jets defense showed in the 4th quarter on sunday.