Your favorite Mark Sanchez moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, May 13, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Favorite moments:

2010-2011 vs Patriots in the playoffs
    2010-2011 vs Texans regular season. What a comeback
    2010-2011 vs Broncos. Stole the game because the Denver DB grabbed Santonio's facemask on 4th and long. Felt good to win a game where the other team made a bone crushing mistake late in the game

Whenever the hotdog game was.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This was when he lowered his shoulder on the DB/S at the goaline? Great play

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There are so many but I will narrow it down to my favorite plays

The redirection and dart down the sideline to Braylon in the '10 playoff game at NE. That play changed the game for us.

The perfect pass down the sideline to Braylon in the Hou comeback

The scramble and pass to Keller in the SD playoff game that gave us a lead we'd never lose

The 80 yd TD to Braylon in the '09 title game

The scramble and pass to Cotch in the Cle OT game, great play by Mark and even greater effort by an injured Cotch

laser to Holmes in OT at Detroit to set up GW FG

pass to Braylon to set up chip shot FG to win the '10 WC game at Indy

4. Denny

Denny Active Member

For me it had to be the Hotdog incident.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Heres why I disagree.

He came out of college way to green. In 2009, your statement would be true. If Favre never came here, and he sat until China Doll Chad got hurt again, hed be light years ahead.

However, 4 NFL seasons, has him roughly equivalent to a normal third year player.

Two bad OCs, horrendous personnel last year, Isee this coming year as the year its reasonable to expect his "3rd year" breakout season.

Hes seen everything there isto see, except a competent playcaller, and done much of whats been needed...(as I said, i think he played well enough to win 11 in 2011).

This year, he has the coach, the cast and experience enoughto improve on the 32 scores in 2011, and his turnovers, strictly by virtue of playcalling should go down, someone feaches him to keep two hands on the ball...even better.

If not..Rex will be ordering pizza from Geno's.

#85 Hobbes3259, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Sanchez has 4 years of experience under his belt with 2 years on playoff teams. The lack of experience is no longer an excuse. Secondly if Sanchez was really as good as you think he is he would overcome the perceived bad coaching and lack of personnel.

At this point he's not a starting caliber QB. We're looking for a QB that can do things Sanchez isn't physically capable of doing.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Did they score any points after that pass?

It's pretty strange you'd pick a moment from a game where the Jets asked Sanchez to do the bare minimum.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Those are some harsh words there Hobbesie, I'm not sure why you decided to be so hostile towards me but whatever.

You sound like Junc with your "context matters" argument. That's just a fancy way of saying "please add excuses"..

Either way I could careless about the rest of your points, there's not a chance in hell that relatively meaningless play is your favorite Sanchez moment.. You will probably forget about that play tommorrow, for shit's sake. A first down against the worst team in the league, really setting the bar high there eh hobbie?- GMAFB. This means - - give me a fucking break.

Anyway, I don't latch onto QBs like you, junc and the teboners so your Nagle bashes don't really resonate with me. Yes he was fucking terrible. Mark Sanchez is better, but he's closer to a Browning Nagle level QB than he is to a Pro Bowl level QB.. which is sad.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Browning Nagle took over a playoff team and won 4 games as a starter in his career, Mark took over a team that hadn't reached the playoffs in 3 years and won a playoff game in 5 years and won 4 playoff games. mark is much closer to a pro bowl level QB than he is to Nagle.

There are no excuses, you need context. use your eyes to judge not just stats w/o context. A TD when your team is down 30-3 in the 4th qtr is the same as a TD to win a game in the final minute in your world.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That game was a heart breaker. The score for Indy before the half was the writing on the wall. Sad is correct.

11. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

When he hit the bomb to Braylon Edwards against the Colts in the Playoffs

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The flea flicker play against the Bills in week 1.

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The 2010 playoffs against the Pats and the bomb to Edwards in the Texans 2010 game.

14. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

I liked the early Tennessee game at Giants Stadium, where he ran in for a TD head first...

15. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

Season opener 2012. He made me think that he had changed.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I went and looked at the box score in that game.

Wow.You said it..."one perfect play"...emphasis on "one"....and triple coverage? C'mon.

He barely broke 100 yrds. passing, fumbled away the ball and gave them 3 pts. The jets converted 4/13 3rd downs.

He didn't "ice" that game.
    Lankster did.

Now go back and pick another fave moment.
    That one sucks even by Sanchez Standards...

17. Hobbes3259

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but even Esiason said no qb could have been succesfull on the Jets last year and he doesnt like the guy. Overcoming last years debacle would have been impossible for Slingin Sammy Baugh.

Now..the year prior, he managed to get it in the end zone 32 times.....

Back to back championship games, the next year, 32 scores playing well enough to win 11.

(denver,miami,vagiants,one other escapes me at the moment) were defensive letdowns.
    Not to say, that he didnt have a hand in all the losses, but if defense gets all the coaching, and blue chip draft picks...they need to p,ay like it.

18. Hobbes3259

Yeah, you looked at the box score. Theres a reason they only put it up 19 times.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212090jax.htm

Some cast of hands.I like Cumberland and Kerley, but Gilyard?Rueland,Schillens?

How could they resist airing it out. ( and that list tells you why when Cumberland got his one catch, there were three guys there. No one is doubling any of those other guys.

Try watching the game.

Its 3rd and 8 from the 12 with 2:56 left. If they punt from there, its a whole different ball game.

Cumberland has a LB dropping underneath him, and two safeties bracketing him over the top

That play allows them to get theclock under two minutes, and force JVille to use all their time outs.

Punt. Touchback, 1:43 from the 20.

The defense allows 2 4th down conversions, including a 4th and 15, less than 20 seconds on the clock, ball around the 30.

Lankster hauls in a rainbow with 17 left, and no timeouts for JVille IF they catch it....and he iced the game.

Riggghhht.

So the defense trying to blow the lead, counts against the fuy that ut them (once again) in a position to close out an opponent.

I know..lif Sanchez scored a bazillion points, the defense doesnt matter.

The bottom line is, the play of the game. Was the third down throw.

And FWIW, at that point getting to 6-7 kept the season alive, if only for a week.

#98 Hobbes3259, May 15, 2013
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause the next week Sancho went 13 of 28 for 130 yds. and tossed up 4 ints.

Thanks Mark. FWIW? Not much.

If you want to take the trouble to search, I had stated here that Sanchez needed to sit for the rest of the season. Him continuing to start was pointless for numerous reasons. I believe he would have gotten more out of it. Those last 6 games did nothing for him.

I still think he can play for the Jets.

Oh...and I watched that game live.
    You really hate me that much to make me watch that crap again?

#99 Acad23, May 15, 2013
  20. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member