Your favorite Mark Sanchez moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, May 13, 2013.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And regardless of the psychobabble bullshit about his confidence being shot, thethrow to cumberland in Jacksonvill to pit that game away, says hes still that guy.

They need a coach that can call the p,ays to bring that out week in and week out.

For the last several months, ive been pointing out that Simms is always saying they dont give him enough easy throws (under Schotty)....watching the 2010 Pitt game, SCHOTTY said it too!

I think MM is going to be like a bag of Miraclle Gro, for this guy.

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think so to but the psychobabble is because the way he played in AZ and Tennessee. I am still amazed at the piling on from fans and media. He is only two years removed from an AFCC appearance.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I have to second that - beating the Pats in the playoffs was sweet! Sanchez played really well.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think a combination of things. The WR revolving door. Wayne Fucking Hunter, Schotty's wacky frankenstein OC system. 2011 was his best statistical year and the team went 8-8. Sparano was Rex's clusterfuck - agin not a real OC. A drop in talent around Mark.

Bray & Cotch in 09, then adding Holmes in '10. Those 3 should have remained the core WR set for Mark. Drop in RB talent and no RBs with talent in '12. Thomas Jones was a young 29 when we let him walk - but he was a bruiser. We needed a young LT and an upgrade on the OLine.

Our top 10 D has dropped the ball a handful of times. That doesn't exonerate Mark's inconsistency but there are games where Mark played well and the D collapsed - e.g. Bears game.

That being said - the D held up their end in a few games and the offense collapsed. The Packers game comes to mind - Jets D holds Aaron Rodgers to 9 points and we lost.

And then there are the Sanchez clusterfucks - '09 Bills game with 5 Ints; '10 Miami; '12 SF shutout.

#64 fozzi58, May 14, 2013
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  5. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

The day he is cut from this team

6. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

the hot dog on the sideline. I knew he was not a grownup.

7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right Hobbes, but he's not going to get a couple of years to pick up this new system. He'll have TC to win the job and maybe two loses before he's gone for good.
    When he is on his game, I think he's as good as any QB playing, but he has to play at a high level all game, every game. We have actual talent behind him now, no more free passes.

8. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

My favorite specific moment was the TD pass to Keller that put us up 14-6 with only 5 minutes left in the first half of the 2009 AFCG. For a brief moment, I thought we might finally be heading to a SB. When we recovered a fumble on the Colt 29 yard line three plays later, I really started feeling it. So sad.

9. Hobbes3259

Mark had much help from the officials in the Green Bay game.

I think thats the most irked Ive ever been because of a game, when douchebag Aaron Rodgers in the post game said "I didnt see anything special in the Jets defense"

Classless fucking douchebag.

You never want to see a player get hurt, but if that scumbag got his knee blown out.Id throw a party.

Odd, how the reporter disnt follow up with, "then how did you only score 9 points"

10. Hobbes3259

Two quick points.

The first four years, he wasked to run outdated offensive systems predicated on the worst throws in football.

Second, MM plays mich closer to what he did in college, and has a rep for playing to his players stregnths, something Schotty never did.

Watching the 2010 Pitt game, the announcers said in the pregame meeting, that Schotty admitted he didnt have enough easy throws in his plan.

11. Hobbes3259

Please..that was borderline hilarious.

The resulting furor over it sounded like it was written by the Baseball Writers of America, the big bunch of queers that they are.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

how dare u even to have that brief moment.....

13. Hobbes3259

For all the great moments, the (according to the media, and some misguided souls here) worst starter ever has had....right now, my favorite is the 3rd and 8 toCumberland to ice the JVille game, because it shows...that despite the shit storm the anti Jet media has heaped on him, and being benched in the prior game, the guy we thought we were drafting is still there.

3rd and 8, from about the 10, game on the line....stick money throw into triple coverage.

Balls,brain,arm..one perfect play. As a long time fan, i think the hatred is misplaced, solely because for a guy that has given you huge moments, wouldnt it be interesting to see what he could dowith decent coaching?

#73 Hobbes3259, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yea Ok. haha.

Your "favorite moment" isn't a random pickup on 3rd down against the worst team in the NFL in a lost season. We're not dumb

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Has to be the 2010 playoff game (those were the days #edithandarchie):

[​IMG]

16. Hobbes3259

We're not. You are.

Ironic coming from a guy whose monniker was a supposed to be, but never was good enough to be a has been.

Context matters. Brutal season, no OC, all starting recevers injured...benched...game on the line.

The fact that hes done it countless times in meaningful games is great...but as you pointed out..this game meant little.

You could take the hits to Braylon in 2010. The amazing play to holmes in NE, that looked like his SB catch.

The point, since you seem to be the short bus student, was that its an unnoticed play, that interrupts the media narrative, that half the assholes have adopted about him being mentally shot.

Other wise, id have probably said the backpeddling redirect of Edwards in NE.

Context is your friend.

And speaking of context..Nagle was never as good or talented as Sanchez.

Just sayin.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Too bad those plays were few and far between.

18. Hobbes3259

No arguing that. Thats why I finished the post the way I did.

Id like to see what a good OC can do.

19. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I was at this game.

They showed the look on the faces of the people who had left the stadium. It was amazing. One of my friends had run across the entire row which was empty from people leaving and leapt into my arms screaming when Holmes made that catch. Definitely one of my top 5 experiences in life.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I've said this numerous times already and you may not agree with this. But I think that if Sanchez wants to have a future in the NFL he needs to spend at least 2 seasons at minimum as a backup to an established veteran. He needs to go to an organization that has a no nonsense, winning culture, so he can watch and learn behind that vet (Brady, Mannings, Big Ben, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Flacco) then if one of those vets happen to get hurt, his experience would be valuable. In 2 or 3 seasons being a backup I guarantee he'll come out of it being a much better QB. Then he can sign with a team as a veteran stopgap QB and help groom a young QB in the process. He can have a career resurgence down the road ala Kurt Warner in 08 and Cunningham in 98.