Your favorite Mark Sanchez moment

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, May 13, 2013.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Absofreakinlutley

I remember that game fondly, I believe it was my first at Metlife stadium. I remember my father and I being so pissed after the last interception that we headed for the gate. i was steaming over the prospect of being 7-3 on the way out. then the comeback started to happen on the screens they have outside the stadium. Most of us on the way out stayed for a spell as we watched the game unfold.

After Toni's touchdown there was some (presumably) fairly drunk guy shouting Santonio!!! over and over while on the phone. with that the game was etched into memory. a bad day turned to a good one right quick for a lot of us that had already left the venue for the most part.

Listening to the radio back home Rex had some line about thanking fans for staying put, which i and my father only scoffed at considering that must have been hundreds watching at the center gate with us let alone those that were on the way out already.

Still that was a good day, sad things got worse some time after that.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Another one that doesnt understand what a June 1 cut is.

Its an accounting date. Not a curring date.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah yeah I did see you listed that game, we are prob the only two to bring it up. Yeah fucking Jay Cutler took a dump on us with those big plays. In the beginning the defense was doing work with pick 6. All of a sudden Johnny Knox and Forte were wide the hell open each play.

That game in hindsight really screwed our playoff position. We did clinch a playoff spot after the game, but we should of won that one. I just remember Mark with plenty of zip just making quick decisions play after play. He only had 1 TD, but he could of easily had 3.

4. Hobbes3259

Dude, in 2011 he tossed 28 TDs, rushed for six more, and lead the offense to second in the NFL in red zone efficiency. The defense. Ost us at least three games that season, turning 11-5, into 8-8.

Granted his 18 picks were high, but the rest of the package, i,ho, get lost because of the 8-8.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well the TC has a countdown over in the other topic which is why I made that post. I won't start the conversation here, but he needs to best Garrard in TC if he wants to continue to be a Jet (which idk y he would)

6. Hobbes3259

Watch the St Louis game, or Week one from last year.

That Guy is still here.....

Someone needs to get around to putting the system in place for him to be that guy, week in and week out.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I can't just pick one moment. The whole 2010 season was amazing.

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The second week of June when the Jets send warehouses full of Sanchez apparel to
    3rd world countries. Seeing kids get some much needed clothes would be a good moment involving Sanchez.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

2010 was awesome. Sanchez's back corner TD to Santonio @NE playoffs is my moment: perfect throw, perfect catch, chowder crowd left completely fuckin stunned.

10. Cynic

Cynic New Member

6 interception game vs the Bills. Truly an abomination.

11. How bout his first ever pass as a pro? Preseason against the Rams 1st stringers. Jets were backed up on their own 10 or so. He drops back with the whole world watching & launches a 50 year bomb to David Clowney.

It was only 1 play but it showed swagger. I thought we finally had our franchise QB.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Haven't forgotten, the problem with Mark has always been for every 1 game he has where you say "the kid has it" he has two awful games and 1 or 2 medicore games. He is probably the most inconsistant QB I've ever watched play. He can be very good on occasion, but he's bad far more often than he's good.

13. xSxPxHx

xSxPxHx New Member

Butt fumble

14. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

One not mentioned yet for me is the 2010 game at Pittsburgh. We just came off the Monday Night Massacre 45-3 game in NE and a terrible loss at home vs Miami, and needed that game badly. Jets never won in Pittsburgh, but they pulled off the upset started by Brad Smith's KO TD return. Sanchez had that nice QB keeper on 4th and goal for a TD and also made some tight throws to Braylon over the middle.....Schotty called a great game that day as well.

Another favorite moment of Sanchez and the Rex Ryan era in general is the final game at the Meadowlands against Cinncy in 09 where it was a "win and your in" Sunday night game. Yeah Cinncy pulled their starters after halftime, but the game was already a blow out by that point. Sanchez didn't throw alot, but he did make the throws when needed to cap off a wild rookie year for both him and Rex. Sanchez played GREAT the following week at Cinncy in the WC game.....he threaded the needle multiple times to Cotch on the sidelines ...... Keller had a big game as well.

15. louissockalexis

louissockalexis New Member

That was my favorite Sanchez moment, too. Not that it wasn't a spectacular accomplishment to beat the Pats, but that pass vs. Indy was just magical.

16. Hobbes3259

Backpeddling, redirecting Edwards, putting the ball on himdown the sideline.

17. Hobbes3259

............seee. Below

18. Hobbes3259

Jets had no business letting Edwards leave, those two had good chemistry.

19. Hobbes3259

As bad as 2012 was, the St.Louis game, and late in Jacksonville, 3rd and 8, from around the 10, he hits Cumberland in triple coverage for 36 to ice the game.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This one wins.

What happened to that guy, or is it just his supporting cast, coaches? That is the primary question.