Undrafted Free Agents

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetsUK, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Guess the Jets are impressed with the undrafted FA's they signed this year - Mayo and Arceneaux have been cut.

2. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Video I found. KJ Stroud find out he will be a Jet

[YOUTUBE]mEC8O8fE-ZI[/YOUTUBE]

3. BroadwayGeno

BroadwayGeno Member

thats great stuff

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Marcus Davis was waived by the Giants....and signed with the Jets! this is awesome news.

5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I also wanted Davis. I wonder why he was ditched by the Giants so quickly.

6. Jetsfan 128099

I know he is missing a vertebre in his back, but anybody
    be willing to look at Walter Stewart from Cincinnati? I know there
    is some risks involved, but he has talked with doctors and still wants
    that chance to play in the NFL. Before finding this out, he was regarded
    as a 1st round pick.

7. NFL

NFL Active Member

If he could play, and he wants to play, bring him in.

8. Jonky

Jonky Banned

Can't believe no one is excited about Dalton Freeman. Four year starter at Clemson. He's a poor man's Mangold and could fill in quite well if Mangold gets hurt. Might also see some time in the Guard rotation. I know OLine is hardly a glamourous signing esp with all the Guards we drafted, but Freeman is a keeper too.

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

Yup, I've only heard good things about the guy. People aren't getting to excited for him because of Mangold being here and still being relatively young. Maybe we can have a competition at Center too?

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

of course we are excited, it's just that OLine is hard to get excited about. especially centers, but they are appreciated.

11. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I like the Davis signing, definitely think he has some potential. Speed and size, with decent route running ability gives him some hope atleast. It's concerning that he didn't want to block much at VT and got cut so early by the Giants, but maybe the light clicks for him. Atleast the blocking aspect is from an effort standpoint and can be theoretically fixed if he commits himself. I'm a bit surprised he went undrafted to be honest, I saw a few lists where he was around the top 10-15 WR rankings.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Rogers, Davis, with White on the PS? Atleast there should be some legitimate competition for the back end there, which could be why we're abstaining from signing veteran WRs.

And on the OL, it's pretty much impossible to have a good read on them unless you are an expert. There are so many variables in evaluating them, that you basically just look at their size and read some scouting report and hope it's true, hence why a lot of people don't get excited about them.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Davis cut was due, in part, by the signing of several vets and a couple other players, Giants signed 6 and cut 6 on saturday. I'm betting the Giants cut Davis and were going to resign him, as the Jets have done a time or two already this off season with players, but it's hard to say for certain of course. But the Giants are fairly deep at the WR position.