Iron Man 3 Trailer

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Poeman, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Only those that didn't know anything about Iron Man would have bitched about it. I thought it was just to not piss off the Chinese gov't as they regulate western movies closely. "Lotsa gold in them thar hills.." :)

2. Christian

Christian Active Member

Mandarin should have been asian, but were getting to a point where super hero movies seem to be expanding their horizons when it comes to casting.

Electro was typically a white guy in the spiderman comics but they casted Jamie Foxx for the spiderman 2 sequel and judging by the pictures so far it seems to be going okay.

3. Cman68

Agreed. When Nick Fury suddenly was reborn black, I thought I had seen it all. Guess not. :)

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Well they had black Fury in the Ultimate...I am ok with that.

Just as I am ok with the next Green Lantern feature having a black guy playing him...Hopefully Idris Elba!

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They actually have brought the black nick fury to the mainstream line too. He's white Nick fury illegitimate black son

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

6. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Good, entertaining movie....but not great by any stretch of the imagination. Not as good as the first Iron Man (which along with X2, Spider-man 2, and The Avengers are the best Marvel movies). It was funny and had very good action sequences. The main problem, IMO, is the lack of a great villain....which unfortunately is the norm for Marvel movies. The best villain in any Marvel series is probably Magneto....and you can make an argument that he isn't really a villain. My other complaint is the ending. Without giving anything away, it tries to have closure....where you know closure is not going to happen (Avengers 2 anyone?). The two best superhero movies are still The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. When you walked out of those movies, you felt like you just watched something great. You just don't get that feeling with movies like Iron Man 3.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Its crazy DBJ, because Mandarin had the makings of becoming Marvel's best villain just by looking at the first half of the film. Kingsley was great.

Maybe they will correct a wrong here, but we are stuck with Trevor the actor

8. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I liked it...The main goal was to end the series...They couldn't have the villian over take that for the whole movie...

#28 deathstar, May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No doubt about that. Add Batman Begins to that if you want. Iron Man 3 was really good though. Like I said before, I am not sure how you follow up The Avengers. It seemed the next group of Marvel movies were destined to not be great, but Iron Man 3 answered the call with a solid movie.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I walked out of TDKR bored out of my mind. the second time I just outright hated it. it grew on me the third I watched it (what can I say, what else am I gonna do on the train to and from work?), but then I watched Begins and TDK again and realized again why I disliked Rises to begin with. it is okay by itself, but if you watch it along side the first two, it is so inferior to them that it ruins any of the entertaining aspects of it.

I guess what I am saying is, no I didn't feel like I watched something great after walking out of Rises, or upon any repeat viewings. It is the Meet Joe Black of super hero movies... a movie that believes it is a deep character drama and is going to shove it down your throat if that is what it takes to convince you of it.

11. The Dark Knight

I will say that The Dark Knight Rises is a fantastic film. When it ends it does feel like you experienced something. The ending is intense. I agree it is the worst of TDK Trilogy, but that is not a bad thing, as the first two are the best super hero movies ever. Iron Man 3 was great, but a tier below Rises.

Edit: I will say the biggest flaw of Chris Nolan is that he is a story teller. Haha. Hard to explain what I mean, but he felt there needed to be an ending to Bruce Wayne's journey. He is wrong though. Fans did not want that. Batman never ends, so that ending of him retiring was not a great choice. That is why he forwarded the story 8 years, etc. All mistakes in my opinion.

#31 The Dark Knight, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  12. Cman68

If you stayed throughout the credit run, they did have a quick little tidbit where Stark was on the therapist's chair. They also stated before it went dark that Tony Stark would be back. So they didn't close the door entirely on the IM series.

BTW, the trailers for Thor and The Lone Ranger looked pretty good.

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Honestly, I thought this movie was fucking awful. I loved the first, and enjoyed the 2nd. Thought this was brutal.

Summer trailers didn't look too promising either. Wolverine, Lone Ranger, and White House Down all look like shit. Hopefully Man of Steel saves it.

14. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I'll agree that the Wolverine trailer looked pretty stupid.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I won't begrudge you for your preference in movies, but Rises problems isn't that it is just not as good as the other two.

if The Dark Knight is simply a crime thriller inhabited by comic book characters, Rises is Meet Joe Black with super heroes -- a drama that either doesn't know it isn't dramatic or is simply so self indulgent it doesn't care. I think Nolan bought into his own hype with the applaud he got wit the Dark Knight in being able to create a real world where these characters could exist not as cartoons but as legitimate characters, and tried to take it one step further into a full blown drama. But I think The Dark Knight was the limit of doing so, and these characters come off as equally silly in Rises with contrived dramatic pauses as they do in the other extreme of Joel Shumachers movies where everything is played for laughs.

to the topic of trailers, fanboys want Wolverine to be good because it is the story they want to have seen made into a movie, so plenty will sing its praises just for that, but the movie looks every bit as horrible as the first Wolverine movie. and how they feel about Wolverine is how I feel about Lone Ranger. I want that movie to be great because he was one of my favorites as a child. I remember seeing Legend of the Lone Ranger in the theaters and having all the toys. but this movie looks terrible. whose idea it was to turn Lone Ranger into a bumbling fool, I don't know, but I think it will be the downfall of the movie.

#35 JetBlue, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  16. The Dark Knight

No doubt TDKR has it's flaws. As a guy who has probably watched it more than most, they are clear to me. The positives outweigh the negatives though. As for other movies: Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel look good, Thor: The Dark World looks like a typical sequel, The Wolverine does look pretty bad, and I am really worried for The Lone Ranger.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Saw it last night, Tony Stark has insomnia. Turn the sound down and watch Iron Man 3 and he would be sound asleep.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That's not necessarily true, Robert Downey and Marvel are currently in contract talks for more movies. While nothing is official, with the money both parties are raking in, I have a feeling something will be hammered out soon.

On top of that Downey is signed on for 2 more Avengers movies and there are rumors that Iron Man will be in the new "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie.

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

There is already a black Green Lantern in the comics, John Stewart. The character has been around for a while too, from the early 70s I believe.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thats what I am saying, I have no problem with it...But some die hard comic book fans may still want Hal Jordan as he is the first Lantern.

I think Stewart would play better in a Justice League mash