Who Did Jets Screw Worse: Sanchez or Tebow?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Drew Stanton...

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the jets didint screw sanchez, sanchez screwed the jets

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tebow and Sanchez have both been paid. The fans got screwed by both of them.

4. k311

k311 Member

I love how everyone in here is an expert on a guy that they didn't see play any meaningful time whatsoever.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Dolphins mum on possible Tebow interest

Posted by Mike Florio on April 30, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT

Getty Images
    Plenty of teams have said they have no interest in quarterback Tim Tebow. None have expressed interest.

The Dolphins have opted to say nothing at all.

“Our decision-making process regarding player personnel is confidential and we don’t discuss it publicly,” Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene told PFT by email.

The deadline for making a waivers claim for Tebow’s existing contract comes in less than an hour, at 4:00 p.m. ET. If he’s not claimed (and it would be a shock if he is), Tebow then will become a free agent.

From a football standpoint, the Dolphins shouldn’t be interested in Tebow. From a business standpoint, they should be at the front of the line. Even if they’re the only ones in the line.

Tebow sells tickets. More immediately, he could motivate Tebowmaniacs to get to the polls on May 13 to vote in favor of a proposal that would contribute significant public money to the effort to renovate Sun Life Stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/30/dolphins-mum-on-possible-tebow-interest/

6. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

:beer:
    jets fans got screwed with both picks.
    :beer:

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I don't see how anyone can say the Jets screwed Sanchez. He's been the starter even when he played poorly, and got paid out the frame.

8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez was never screwed. He was given everything he'd ever need. He came into the league and landed on a team with the best offensive line in football, a Hall of Famer at tailback (granted at the tail end of his career) and Pro-Bowl capable players at WR, TE and FB (Edwards, Holmes, Keller, Richardson). In his defense, his co-coordinator was a mongoloid and screwed every other QB he worked with in his career (Brees, Rivers, Favre all played their worst while with Schotty Jr), but you can't have everything. Nobody comes into the league and lucks into this kind of situation ... and surrounded by all that talent, he was terrible. They even gave him the worst contract in football for no reason whatsoever.

Tebow, on the other hand, was definitely screwed. They told him he'd have an opportunity to come in and compete for playing time - this was a clear lie. We know this was a lie because the guy in front of him was the worst QB in football for the entire season and Tebow couldn't sniff the field. Obviously Sparano and Rex didn't want him, so rather than be honest, they lied. Whether you think he's good or bad (or the worst in the league) that's still the wrong way to treat someone. I feel pretty bad for Tebow. As far as I can tell, he's the first person in the league to be both traded and then cut because he was too popular. I know he wasn't cut because he's not talented enough because the dregs of society we have at QB have collectively accomplished nothing at QB too ... and with the exception of Geno (who represents unknown potential), nobody thinks any of them (Sanchez, McElroy, Simms, Garrard) will ever accomplish anything in the league. Tebow can't come in and at least compete for a roster spot with this crew? Give me a break. They dumped him because he might actually be talented enough to make the roster (or god forbid, start). Like I said, I feel bad - he was too popular to be on the Jets.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

"Screwed" is a strong word. If the Jets didn't pay Tebow, I'd say he got screwed, but they paid him. I'd say they misused him or perhaps misled him depending on what he was told when they brought him in.

Doesn't matter though, it is clear that Rex Ryan did not want Tebow to be his starting QB. Whether that was because of what he saw in practice, dedication to Sanchez, or general lack of faith in his abilities, the fact remains he didn't want him behind center. Personally, I would have liked to see what he could do, but hey I'm a Tebot, so I am crazy and nobody should listen to me.

Geno Smith is the guy now, and hopefully the maturity issues we've seen reported about him lately are overblown. I think he has talent, and could be successful to some degree. I saw him play in person and watched him lead a 4th quarter victory drive against USF. At the time I didn't really know who he was (2011), but I was like "who is this guy?" He's more physically gifted than Sanchez, but it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the NFL. I wish him luck, but I like E.J. Manuel a little more as a QB prospect.

It's all speculation at this point. That's why we watch the games.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tebow got screwed because he never got a chance to play while watching the worst performance by a QB week after week on the field.

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sanchez was screwed? I know we're not talking about money because he's been one of the highest paid QB in the league since he was drafted. Even now he's the highest paid QB in the division. I know we're not talking talent because he sat behind one of the best OL in the entire league for two seasons. In addition, he's had a strong running game to lean on for almost his entire career.

Last year was the ONLY season he dealt with poor receivers & didn't have one of the top OL in the entire league. Sanchez was not screwed. He's the one that screwed over the Jets.

========

I'm not a Tebow fan but he was screwed big time. If the Jets didn't wanna use him then they shouldn't have traded for him. Idiot move by Jets organization there. They screwed themselves & the player they acquired.

It's OK to not like Tebow as a QB. It's ass-backwards to trade for him & then not want to play him afterwards.

12. BleedGreenDaily

They would have used Tebow if he was any good. But he ended up being a bust.

13. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

I heard Sanchez was going to throw Tebow a going away party.

But it got intercepted :breakdance:

14. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

Why are we even discussing Tim Fucking Tebow? He can't fucking throw, he runs around like a chicken with his cut off any chance he gets. He also comes with too much baggage and thought he had a bigger platform in NY for his ministry. His decision to come to NY was not a football decision he was looking for media pulpit.

In regards to Mark Sanchez, other teams in the league bring players around to develop their QB, they design their scheme to fit their QB, they also protect their QB. In 2011 WFH was the worse starting lineman in fucking history and they left him out there for a whole fucking season. Last season, the organization made the most moronic decision ever by hiring Tony Shitbag, who would Sanchez would complete a few passes then he would insert TeFuck for his 2 yard run and a pile of dust. Dustin Keller got injured an no fucking replacement was signed, we are going into 2013 without a viable starting TE, and I like Cumberland(but he is brittle). Yeah Sanchez got paid, but the Rex and Tanny didn't do him any favors

15. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

If I had to pick, I'd say Sanchez. Tebow was misled but truthfully, he doesn't belong playing QB in my opinion. Besides, he could have gone to Jacksonville. I think Sanchez got a raw deal. The Jets brought him in to be the franchise QB and have done everything opposite of what you're supposed to do for a young QB last year. We brought a circus to town with Tebow. We didn't bring in a lot of receiver help. Out RT situation was absolutely abysmal. Now our running game is up in the air and we failed to bring back arguably Sanchez's favorite target.

16. BleedGreenDaily

Any thread with the name Tebow should be moved into the closed section.

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I would add a third option.

The fans. The Jets screwed the fans the worst.

18. NewYorkEveryThing

Tebow by far. After sanchez had his woman like breakdown last season. Tebow was promised a chance and was the #2 behind dirty. They did not even let him tryout against the remaining teams cause he would have most likely pulled off those last few with rex's defense.

19. BleedGreenDaily

The Jets did for Tebow exactly what was needed. Showed he was a bust and should have never of been drafted.

20. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

TEBOW! Sanchez is given every chance in the world, even now he has a chance, Tebow was never even considered. I feel sorry for the guy and wish him luck. If the Jets would have stayed out the Jags would have gotten him for a 5th, we would of had our 4th rounder and he might be starting down there.